PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz - Do You Dream (Extended Mixes)

Daydreamer
12-07-10, 07:52 PM
Hey guys,

Recently the extended versions of Susana's album "Closer" and Aly & Fila's album "Rising Sun" have been released under Armada.
When can we expect the extended versions of Do You Dream? :D

hungdeejay
01-08-10, 09:23 PM
I guess we have to wait at least 3-4 months

By the way, as far as I know, Susana - Closer (Extended Mixes) is not yet released.

Daydreamer
01-08-10, 10:08 PM
I guess we have to wait at least 3-4 months

By the way, as far as I know, Susana - Closer (Extended Mixes) is not yet released.You're right, but it will be released in the beginning of August.

But... Markus recently told in the chat that there won't be an album with the extended versions. :( We'll just have to wait for singles. This was the same for Progression.

DoMarcikar
25-09-10, 07:03 PM
Mirage (Extended Mixes), First State's New album's Extended mixes are release, why we can't have the Do You Dream Extendeds? :(

Markus... Release them for us, please... :oops:

dtR
27-09-10, 12:42 AM
there are gonna be releases including the remixes with tracks from the album...

DoMarcikar
27-09-10, 06:59 AM
there are gonna be releases including the remixes with tracks from the album...
Yes, I was just "praying" to Markus. :D

MrE
11-10-10, 12:53 PM
http://www.armadamusic.com/news/2010/10/markus-schulz-do-you-dream-the-extended-versions/

Ask & you shall receive!

Odd how the extended version of 'Goodbye' is shorter than the album version though!

DoMarcikar
11-10-10, 03:32 PM
I'm crying, DYD Extended Mixes are released. :O Only Lightwave isn't in the album. :(

Ericc B
11-10-10, 04:36 PM
http://www.armadamusic.com/news/2010/10/markus-schulz-do-you-dream-the-extended-versions/
Don't you just love it when they simply copy paste the press release for the original album, including references to 16 tracks and the ones that are not even in this release? Well done Armada :lol:

ImpactPlayaz
11-10-10, 04:41 PM
Don't you just love it when they simply copy paste the press release for the original album, including references to 16 tracks and the ones that are not even in this release? Well done Armada :lol:

Yeah, they were given new text to use. No idea why it wasn't though.

Anyways, for those of you who care, here's the relevant blurb. :)

================================================== =================

Markus Schulz - "Do You Dream?" The Extended Versions - Out Now

2010 was always going to be a significant milestone for Markus Schulz, not just for another chapter of his city compilation series or his Coldharbour Recordings label passing 100 releases, but because of the fruition of many long days and nights in the studio.

Released in June this year, Markus’ hotly anticipated third artist album “Do You Dream?” exceeded expectations beyond all levels, containing a plethora of tunes which have populated playlists and livesets around the globe. The end product of two years’ studio work was a testament to his continued dedication, which has seen him rise to one of the forefront members of the trance elite.

Since the release of the album, Markus has embarked on the busiest and most extensive summer tour schedule to date, playing at the biggest clubs, arenas and festivals worldwide. The epicentre of his livesets has been the building blocks which formed Do You Dream, with many tracks already being championed as future anthems.

And now, with the dust settled on the Summer of Schulz 2010, it is time to hand over the baton to you.

We present you with a selection of exclusive and DJ-friendly extended versions of tracks from the Do You Dream album - each presenting their own memory from this summer.

Whether it is the haunting “Away” lighting up the morning sky in Budapest, the peaktime “65.4Hz” causing a rapture at Global Gathering, “Rain” providing the soundtrack to nocturnal activity in Las Vegas, the beautiful “Surreal” bringing tears to everyone’s eyes at his Gallery residency for Ministry of Sound in London, his iconic remake of “Perception” which marked his German homecoming at Nature One, or the feel-good chimes of “Not the Same” rocking Dance Valley in The Netherlands, Markus has most certainly ensured that the Do You Dream concept is one that fans have embraced and adored.

Also included are exclusive upgraded editions of “The New World” and “What Could Have Been”, made specifically by Markus for his livesets. The DYD Extended Versions is a package you simply cannot afford to miss.

This was Markus’ vision for 2010, and his dreams will continue to come to life.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/ImpactPlayaz/MarkusForum/DoYouDreamExtended.jpg

The package contains:

Away (featuring Sir Adrian)
Rain (Extended Mix)
Dark Heart Waiting (featuring Khaz)
Not the Same (featuring Jennifer Rene)
Do You Dream (Uplifting Vocal Mix)
Last Man Standing (feauring Khaz)
Surreal (featuring Ana Criado)
Lifted (featuring Angelique Bergere)
Perception (featuring Justine Suissa)
The New World (Exclusive Live Edit)
65.4Hz (Extended Mix)
What Could Have Been (Club Mix)
Goodbye (With Max Graham featuring Jessica Riddle)

Do You Dream: The Extended Versions is available to download now exclusively at Beatport. To listen to samples and / or purchase the tracks, please Click Here (http://tinyurl.com/dydextended)

NeoGeo2k
11-10-10, 05:44 PM
Yes....

finally it's out beeen waiting a long time for this :)

Ericc B
11-10-10, 06:00 PM
Not sure on all the updates to the extended mix of 'The new world' yet but it is indeed slightly different from the extended mix that was included in 'Progression progressed'.

Roughly between 1:00 and 2:00 there is a sort of wah wah sound added that was not in the original extended mix.

djlucask
11-10-10, 06:26 PM
long wait for this... :D

Daydreamer
11-10-10, 06:42 PM
WOW AMAZING! I have no words for this!!!

djlucask
11-10-10, 07:00 PM
woow, the extended version of Last Man Standing is awesome!!

Daydreamer
11-10-10, 07:06 PM
Is it true that What Could Have Been (Club Mix) is having errors? Please tell me it's not!

james
11-10-10, 07:09 PM
Is it true that What Could Have Been (Club Mix) is having errors? Please tell me it's not!

Sounds like it.

--------------------

Kind of bummed there isn't an Alpha State Extended Intro Mix kind of deal.

djlucask
11-10-10, 07:11 PM

for me is fine

Daydreamer
11-10-10, 07:13 PM
Not sure on all the updates to the extended mix of 'The new world' yet but it is indeed slightly different from the extended mix that was included in 'Progression progressed'.

Roughly between 1:00 and 2:00 there is a sort of wah wah sound added that was not in the original extended mix.You don't remember that "wah wah"? It's from Daydream (Ronski Speed Remix) :) you hear that part in the ending. Markus almost everytime mixed Daydream to The New World and later he decided to edit that part from Daydream into The New World. :)

Daydreamer
11-10-10, 07:27 PM
Too bad of the error in What Could Have Been. :( Guess there's nothing to do about it.

DoMarcikar
11-10-10, 07:42 PM
Yes... The original WCHV was the best..

james
11-10-10, 07:50 PM
The Club Mix, error free, is so much better than the original. It sounds like it goes off beat...like one of the bass lines becomes choppy and goes off beat...really weird. I'm hoping this is indeed an error and will be fixed. Because Markus' version from the various World Tours didn't have this.

Daydreamer
11-10-10, 07:53 PM
The Club Mix, error free, is so much better than the original. It sounds like it goes off beat...like one of the bass lines becomes choppy and goes off beat...really weird. I'm hoping this is indeed an error and will be fixed. Because Markus' version from the various World Tours didn't have this.Once a release it's released it can never be fixed, that's the problem. But... since there's a R.E.N.O.I.S.E remix it could be released as a single in the future.

james
11-10-10, 08:05 PM
The Club Mix, error free, is so much better than the original. It sounds like it goes off beat...like one of the bass lines becomes choppy and goes off beat...really weird. I'm hoping this is indeed an error and will be fixed. Because Markus' version from the various World Tours didn't have this.Once a release it's released it can never be fixed, that's the problem. But... since there's a R.E.N.O.I.S.E remix it could be released as a single in the future.

Depressing. Unlike the supposed errors on Blueberry and Prometheus, this really sounds off to me.

I'll still buy it obviously. But ugh, I'm hoping I can do something to it in Ableton or something. Definitely a song I want to use in my mixes.

Daydreamer
11-10-10, 10:02 PM
I'm actually starting now to love to tracks which I didn't like before. It's like I'm reliving the whole album. This is just the way this album had to be released.

dtR
16-10-10, 09:52 PM
there is one beat missing at the start

Daydreamer
16-10-10, 10:26 PM
there is one beat missing at the startSomething different. It's just bugging from 3:47, you don't hear that in the sets where Markus played it.

Daydreamer
16-10-10, 10:51 PM
The Club Mix, error free, is so much better than the original.I very like them both. The original has more of the melody in it. This track definitely deserves a single release. Especially because of the error in the Club Mix on DYD the Extended versions.

james
16-10-10, 11:12 PM
there is one beat missing at the startSomething different. It's just bugging from 3:47, you don't hear that in the sets where Markus played it.

3:47 - 4:15

I'm surprised more people aren't noticing it.

The Club Mix, error free, is so much better than the original.I very like them both. The original has more of the melody in it. This track definitely deserves a single release. Especially because of the error in the Club Mix on DYD the Extended versions.

I'm sure it'll see a single release. The R.E.N.O.I.S.E. Remix is pretty sweet. And hopefully there is another remix or two that will be done in the next few months.

Daydreamer
16-10-10, 11:17 PM
I'm sure it'll see a single release. The R.E.N.O.I.S.E. Remix is pretty sweet. And hopefully there is another remix or two that will be done in the next few months.I'm hoping for the same. Hopefully it wasn't intended to replace the original with the club mix and to release the R.E.N.O.I.S.E. remix just on DYD The Remixes.

james
16-10-10, 11:50 PM
I'm willing to bet most of the songs on DYD will see a single release. Might be the end of 2011 by the time we see a couple of them though. Don't forget it took a year to see Daydream get a single release. I'm hoping Markus doesn't wait until CLHR150 to release 65.4 Hz. :o

Hopefully by Coldharbour Day 2011, we'll have all the goodies from DYD released as singles. :)

Daydreamer
17-10-10, 12:12 AM
I'm willing to bet most of the songs on DYD will see a single release. Might be the end of 2011 by the time we see a couple of them though. Don't forget it took a year to see Daydream get a single release. I'm hoping Markus doesn't wait until CLHR150 to release 65.4 Hz. :o

Hopefully by Coldharbour Day 2011, we'll have all the goodies from DYD released as singles. :)65.4Hz is on the extended versions album. What remixes you want? :)

james
17-10-10, 12:29 AM
I was referring to the single release of 65.4 Hz. It won't surprise me if Markus waits until a "special" date to release it, sort of like how he did with Daydream. :)

I'm thinking:

DNS Project and Ben Gold

I'm really hoping for a DNS Project Remix. I think a Ben Gold Remix could be a dance floor destroyer.