PDA

View Full Version : Markus @ Amnesia 2010

Ericc B
14-04-10, 10:56 PM
Markus will obviously be back at Amnesia this year, schedules have been released by http://www.amnesia.es and http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com

However the schedules are completely contradictory :|

According to the Amnesia site (http://www.amnesia.es/webapp/eventDetail?mconId=163&show=main&main=) Markus is scheduled for:

29-6
20-7
10-8 (Solo set)
31-8 (Armin vs Markus)
7-9
21-9 (Closing party)

However according to Ibiza Spotlight it is:

29-6
6-7 (Solo set)
13-7
20-7
10-8
31-8 (Armin vs Markus)
7-9

I would tend to believe the Amnesia site has the best info but obviously we'll have to await some other confirmation to be sure :?

OkiDokie
14-04-10, 11:03 PM
I just hope they broadcast his solo show as they did last summer.
That was absolutely wicked

Gia
15-04-10, 01:37 PM
it looks I wont be so lucky and I will not see Markus at Ibiza as I will be there between July 29 - August 05 :roll: :|

stefan1983
19-04-10, 07:43 PM
Hey guys, the dates are out :

http://www.amnesia.es/

I think I will attend on september 14th and / or 21st.

But I would love to go on 3th and 10th august, two solo nights in a row! WOW!
Sadly I can't go because I have no holiday then... :(

Will anyone of you attend on september 14th / 21st ? Then we could meet :)
Or when anyone is there at the same time, we could do some things together.

Stefan

http://www2.pic-upload.de/19.04.10/5h3t73q4zaw9.png

ed0ni
20-04-10, 05:22 PM
I'm not going to Ibiza, lets hope the 8hrs set gets recorded and broadcasted on afterhours like last year! :)

hollygallager
13-05-10, 04:22 AM
Ahhh this is crazy but I am going on August 10th!

It's been about 8 years since I've been to Europe so I decided to go this summer. (I'm from NYC area) I'm going to spend a few days in London before going to Amsterdam for Dance Valley and then ending in Ibiza for a couple days with non-accidentally perfect timing for an 8 hour Markus set!!!

I'm so excited, but a bit nervous, since I'll be traveling alone and I've never been. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm going to be staying in San Antonio area, and I know there are discobuses.. Basically any info would be helpful :) :)

Ericc B
15-05-10, 07:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm going to be staying in San Antonio area, and I know there are discobuses.. Basically any info would be helpful :) :)
San Antonio is the worst town to stay in on Ibiza. 98% of the summer population is obnoxious drunk English pricks. If you have a chance to change your location I would recommend Ibiza Town, much more relaxed. Or some of the more inland hotels. You'll need a rental car for those though.

Amnesia is located directly on the road between San Antonio and Ibiza Town and about halfway, so traveling distance is equal (15-20 minutes). You can go there by regular bus, disco bus or taxi. Taxis are relatively inexpensive and trustworthy. If you wanna see Markus' full set make sure you show up at 11 PM. Because around midnight there's already a big queue for taxis in San Antonio, so by going early will avoid that too. The disco buses are always late, so chances of missing part of the set are even bigger with those.

In the past Amnesia would actually let people in at 11, last year they adopted the nasty USA habit of letting people wait outside till after midnight. Not a big disaster though, because you will be there outside with a bunch of other big Markus fans, so it's actually a great way to meet cool people ;)

Gullie78
16-05-10, 03:40 PM
Amazing Line-up :o

Tuesday 7-09-10 : Markus Schulz
Jerome Isma Ae

Im very intersted in this Holy Night :P ..Tickets for the
event only available at the Amnesia site???

maria111
17-05-10, 03:50 PM
sorry for beeing off topic but seriously are they going to broadcast the solo?or any set from his gigs?

ed0ni
17-05-10, 07:49 PM
sorry for beeing off topic but seriously are they going to broadcast the solo?or any set from his gigs?

As far as i know they never broadcast any sets. Except his solo set last year which was recorded and broadcasted months later on afterhours

maria111
17-05-10, 10:24 PM

As far as i know they never broadcast any sets. Except his solo set last year which was recorded and broadcasted months later on afterhours

i dont understand that much the policy they have anyway at least the solo is something from thing at all (as the song says :lol: )

Maaike
19-05-10, 12:00 PM
If you wanna see Markus' full set make sure you show up at 11 PM. Because around midnight there's already a big queue for taxis in San Antonio, so by going early will avoid that too. The disco buses are always late, so chances of missing part of the set are even bigger with those.

In the past Amnesia would actually let people in at 11, last year they adopted the nasty USA habit of letting people wait outside till after midnight. Not a big disaster though, because you will be there outside with a bunch of other big Markus fans, so it's actually a great way to meet cool people ;)
Fully agree on this one.
We only missed about the first 20 minutes of his set, because we were last in line

hollygallager
21-05-10, 09:26 PM
Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm going to be staying in San Antonio area, and I know there are discobuses.. Basically any info would be helpful :) :)
San Antonio is the worst town to stay in on Ibiza. 98% of the summer population is obnoxious drunk English pricks. If you have a chance to change your location I would recommend Ibiza Town, much more relaxed. Or some of the more inland hotels. You'll need a rental car for those though.

Amnesia is located directly on the road between San Antonio and Ibiza Town and about halfway, so traveling distance is equal (15-20 minutes). You can go there by regular bus, disco bus or taxi. Taxis are relatively inexpensive and trustworthy. If you wanna see Markus' full set make sure you show up at 11 PM. Because around midnight there's already a big queue for taxis in San Antonio, so by going early will avoid that too. The disco buses are always late, so chances of missing part of the set are even bigger with those.

Ooo thank you for the info! I reserved a hotel in San Antonio, but only had to put $15 down upfront, which I don't mind losing if I decide to stay somewhere else. I originally chose San Antonio because it's on the west side (sunsets & wine ftw!)
I can research places to death but there really is nothing more valuable than advice from someone who has actually been there!

I looked into rental cars but it would be about $250 for the 2.5 days I'll be there... which is a bit expensive! AND they don't seem to have any automatic cars on the island HAHAHA and I don't drive stick :oops: :oops:

I will definitely get to the show early, I hate waiting outside! I need to hear the full 8 hours HAHAHA. I hope I do get to meet some cool Markus fans!! I honestly have no fears at this point of going alone but I also love meeting people and communicating on facebook or whatever about what shows we've been going to in our respective parts of the globe HAHAHAHA. So fun.

Have any advice for best beaches or restaurants?

Maaike
21-05-10, 10:36 PM
Have any advice for best beaches or restaurants?
I don't remember the exact name of the place, but watch the sunset where Cafe del mar is located. We had some cocktails there and then went to Savannah (next to Cafe del Mar) to eat. We had a really great evening :D

hmmz...The more I think of it, the more jealous I become :(
Have fun girl and just enjoy every minute ;)
We stayed for 10 days and when I was on the flight back home I just couldn't believe it was already over.

Gullie78
08-06-10, 06:40 PM
Yep, date is confirmed..10th of August Markus on fire!!
I will never forget his Solo-Set at Club Panama A'dam :shock:

..been to Ibiza before, to many years ago.. :cry:
Can somebody help me were to buy those tickets???

Maaike
08-06-10, 10:15 PM
Can somebody help me were to buy those tickets???
Try the site of Alda events.
You can also buy tickets at Ibiza at almost every corner of the streets ;)

Edit: http://www.tuesdaysamnesia.com/tickets (found the link at Alda Events)

hollygallager
11-06-10, 05:37 PM
Ooo
Okay so tickets are 40 euro, or $48 for GA
"Vip Entrance & access to balcony" is 60 euro ($72) ...

Is it worth the extra $$ to do vip balcony? I have no idea how the club is setup..

Maaike
11-06-10, 09:13 PM
Ooo
Okay so tickets are 40 euro, or $48 for GA
"Vip Entrance & access to balcony" is 60 euro ($72) ...

Is it worth the extra $$ to do vip balcony? I have no idea how the club is setup..
I have no idea what extra's you'll get in the Vip-area, but if it's only for the "view" and "space" I won't pay the extra money. Although we were there in september last year and august might be a bit more crowded??

You can find some pics at the website of amnesia.es

kiddafunk
28-06-10, 04:59 PM
I´m living and workin in ibiza this summer, have been since May but comin home in august i think. san an isn´t as bad as this dude is making out, just steer clear of the lager louts and the west end and ur good.

armada opening last week was BANGING, armin gone up rapidly in my estimations after that. missed jerome as i only got into amnesia at 3 but armin played till 7.

I need to know set times for tomorrow night if anyone has them? I should know myself but had food poisioning last few days and been off the ball.

if anyone knows can u txt me please or call on my spanish mobile 0034 646333475 or add me on facebook - ben leo - brighton and hove network before tomoz night!!!

as for tonight. sven vath at cocoon! adios amigos xxx

Maaike
15-07-10, 10:15 PM
D*mn...Finally decided to go to Ibiza for the solo-night, but now nobody can come with me :(

momix
16-07-10, 12:46 AM
D*mn...Finally decided to go to Ibiza for the solo-night, but now nobody can come with me :(

lets go together :)

momix
16-07-10, 01:02 AM
its far from airport amnesia? and how can get? :D

momix
20-07-10, 09:47 PM
so who is going 2 solo set?

Maaike
22-07-10, 08:09 PM
Ok...I'm going :mrgreen:

How about a meeting with everyone from the forum before the clubnight? Maybe we can have some drinks (and diner?) and watch the sunset at Cafe del Mar or something like that? 8-)

alpinepass
26-07-10, 04:14 PM
Just thought I would check out the forum as I am going to be at the gig on the 10th August - (it is my birthday :D ) Usually go to Armin 8 hr set but this year it will be Markus for my first time.

Hope he plays Sander van Doorn/Purple Haze - Hymn 2.0

momix
26-07-10, 11:39 PM
2weeks to go :lol: hope he will come after for meeting and pics :D

ed0ni
27-07-10, 12:27 PM
I promise to come next year! Hope it will be recorded and broadcast later as it was last year

Dance for me too! :cry:

Maaike
27-07-10, 08:25 PM
it is my birthday :D
What a way to celebrate it 8-) :mrgreen:

Are you on facebook too, or can we recognise you because of the 'party hats' ;) :lol:

Dance for me too! :cry:
I will...Gonna miss you :(

hollygallager
28-07-10, 01:48 PM
I think we should do a meet-up!
How will we get in touch? I've got an iphone but have no idea how free wifi will be like in Ibiza. I'm assuming I'll be able to get online somewhere.

I'm staying in San Antonio and get to Ibiza the afternoon of the 10th. Was going to goto the beach for a bit and then maybe Cafe del Mar for a drink (assuming I'm not flat broke by this point in my trip LOL)

Add me on facebook!

momix
28-07-10, 01:58 PM
I think we should do a meet-up!
How will we get in touch? I've got an iphone but have no idea how free wifi will be like in Ibiza. I'm assuming I'll be able to get online somewhere.

I'm staying in San Antonio and get to Ibiza the afternoon of the 10th. Was going to goto the beach for a bit and then maybe Cafe del Mar for a drink (assuming I'm not flat broke by this point in my trip LOL)

Add me on facebook!

how to find u on facebook? what time u arrive in Ibiza? My flight arrive 17:10 I think!!!

Hope 2 meet u all who is coming :D

Maaike
28-07-10, 06:11 PM
Planning on going to Cafe del Mar too for some drinks.
For diner we can go to one of the restaurants next to CdM. Last year I went to Savannah with some friends and it was really nice :D

Not sure what time Markus will be playing, 'cause last year the tickets said 23.00, but the club opened at midnight.. (maybe Markus can let us know as soon as he knows ;) )
Anyway, we'll have plenty of time to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset 8-) :D

How will we get in touch?
Send you a message on facebook with my phonenumber. I think that's the easiest way. (I already got the numbers of Janis and Patrick)

Gullie78
28-07-10, 11:13 PM
Howdy Folks,

little busy lately..but I am going as
well to this Magical Solonight! ;)

Hope to catch some people there! Grtz Patrick

MissZivile
05-08-10, 03:44 AM
I was gutted when I realised that I wouldn't be able to make it for his solo set on the 10th (had an awesome time in MOS in June), but Im sure Ill be having an amazing time 31st Aug, Markus vs Armin.
:D

Zivile

Gullie78
08-08-10, 04:07 AM
We missed our flight to Ibiza yesterday..how stupid :(
..hope i can get one at Tuesday, I have a ticket to this
great event already..just going crazy if I cant make it!!!

Maaike
08-08-10, 05:02 PM
:o How could you?!

We couldn't party together when Markus was playing Trance Energy, we couldn't party together at the solo-night in Mos, you'd better make it this time!! :x ;)

momix
08-08-10, 07:00 PM
comon 1day left ;)

Maaike
09-08-10, 07:04 PM
Whoohooo....Another 12 hours till departure for Ibiza :d 8-)

Probably sleep all day at the beach, 'cause I think I partied a little to hard this weekend :roll: (but at least Dance Valley was great :mrgreen: )

Can anyone tell me if Markus starts his set at 23.00 or 0.00?
Website and ticket are giving different info.
And although it was great to meet new people while waiting for an hour last year, I'd prefer to stay a little longer at the beach with some wine this time ;)

Gullie78
10-08-10, 03:13 AM
:o How could you?!

We couldn't party together when Markus was playing Trance Energy, we couldn't party together at the solo-night in Mos, you'd better make it this time!! :x ;)

What more can I say, just stupid! I guess God is not at my side this year.. :twisted:

..at least I hope you received the Vip-tickets I send you today, its my gift for being
such a asshole!! Have a great Night ;) x

Rene
10-08-10, 10:01 AM
Hey Guys,

He will start at 00:00, and he will stop between 6:30 and 7:00....

Make us some nice pictures en films please. :-)

Waiting for him to share this big set whit us!!

Go Markus!!

audioex3
10-08-10, 08:11 PM
Have fun guys... i know you will :lol:

Wish I was there but just can't... anyone know if this will be recorded?

james
10-08-10, 09:32 PM
I just want all of you going to the show tonight to know...I HATE YOU! I SHOULD BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours of Markus...7 hours of the best music...lucky bastards!

Have a great time tonight guys :)

eurotrash0514
11-08-10, 02:45 AM
i echo the previous posters sentiments, you lucky bastards !!!

hopefully a recording may surface sometime in the not too distant future

;)

Suceed
11-08-10, 02:04 PM
From Markus twitter page:

Awake, what a night. I recorded the entire Amnesia set. Be on the lookout for it. Now I need to find some breakfast before Siesta begins.
We're going to have a broadcast :D !

momix
11-08-10, 03:59 PM
Markus thanx thanx so much it was amazing set!!! see u in MOS on 27th of august 8-)

james
11-08-10, 08:23 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaa! Complain and you shall be rewarded! Muwahahahahahhahaha!

Rene
11-08-10, 08:33 PM
When, when, when!!

I'm sooooo ready for it!!

ed0ni
11-08-10, 11:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the broadcast of the set as much as last years! :)

Thx you very much uncle Markus!

audioex3
12-08-10, 01:55 AM
can't wait to listen to it!!!! 8-)

james
19-08-10, 12:29 AM
Any word on when this epic 7 hours is gonna get broadcasted? I was hoping it would be before school picked back up...guess that's not going to happen though. :(

amberella06
19-08-10, 01:21 AM
Check the thread regarding tomorrow's GDJB...says 'coming soon'.

james
19-08-10, 02:50 AM
Ya, saw that.

"Coming soon..." isn't an ETA though :P

josh14
08-09-10, 01:16 AM
Ya, saw that.

"Coming soon..." isn't an ETA though :P

Any news on when the 7hr solo set will be available.. Anxiously waiting to hear markus' magic once again at amnesia

tfan10
08-09-10, 03:35 PM
yeah still no info about broadcast of this set

Rene
08-09-10, 05:17 PM
Markus just put a download link here please....

We are so ready for this big set!

tfan10
12-09-10, 06:54 PM
the info says 7 hour extended set amnesia 2010 broadcast coming soon one month ago but still no info when :(

Rene
14-09-10, 02:56 PM
Come on guys, we schould put our foot down!!

We need this set!!

Rene
14-09-10, 05:08 PM
Lets all twitter Markus!!!!

Bring us this set!!!!

00:00 tonight CET!!!

Ok?

josh14
15-09-10, 08:11 AM
At least give us some indication of a date we can expect to hear the set...

Should be a great set.. :D

Ernie
15-09-10, 12:13 PM
the info says 7 hour extended set amnesia 2010 broadcast coming soon one month ago but still no info when :(

I'm questioning my understanding of the word "soon"...

Maaike
15-09-10, 09:47 PM
From the newsletter:
This coming Monday, exclusively on GDJB broadcast partner Afterhours FM, we bring you over six hours of Markus Schulz LIVE on the decks, taking control of Amnesia's main room from open to close. We invite you to be part of this very special event wherever you are around the world, with the broadcast beginning at Noon Eastern | 5pm UK | 6pm Central European Time.

Finally :mrgreen:

sassya
01-10-10, 03:49 PM
what are peoples thoughts on his set at the closing....

he looked like he didnt want to be there. ran off at the end!