PDA

View Full Version : Pacha NYC | Toronto 7 & 8 May 2010

hellosam
19-02-10, 05:13 PM
HOLY CRAP! Im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the following night will be Toronto!!!!!!!

I dont even need to say it, but the trance trekkers and TLC will be there in FULL effect for BOTH nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG what a FREAKING FABULOUS DAY IM HAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trance Brats FTW!

chimera
20-02-10, 07:19 AM
how are you getting from nyc to toronto also what's your hotel situation? we might need to discuss, i'm not going to lie i've already tried to figure out logistics on how i can do both without losing my mind...taking off monday is imperative of course ;). haven't attended a set past 3hrs from markus in well over a year so going to try and make up for that.

\\o// ooh-rah \\o//

Gia
20-02-10, 11:25 AM
wish I was in New York...

chimera
20-02-10, 06:21 PM
gia - research you never know what you might find and you can make a whole vaca out of it

hellosam
22-02-10, 09:47 PM
how are you getting from nyc to toronto also what's your hotel situation? we might need to discuss, i'm not going to lie i've already tried to figure out logistics on how i can do both without losing my mind...taking off monday is imperative of course ;). haven't attended a set past 3hrs from markus in well over a year so going to try and make up for that.

\\o// ooh-rah \\o//

actually were taking the bus!! Its 25 bucks round trip!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO! I just booked my tickets this am!

Well be leaving at 7am...meaning, going straight from his show at pacha to the bus..hahahah
When we saw Markus in vegas we left right after ronskis set at pacha and taxi'd to the airport...so were not new at this...its no biggie really your body just becomes submissive and goes with the flow. HAHHAHA

the bus ride is 10 hours, so im brining the strongest sleeping pill i can find and zonking out. and well arrive for 530 pm time to shower and nap in a bed before his set at the Guv :)

i booked a 12pm departure from T town which brings us back into NYC around 1045pm- so i can still go to work on Monday....cant be losing ANYMORE time for markus or i think my boss will tell me to ask HIM for a new job! hahah

hotel is not booked yet but if you want in im sure there is room! i think everyone wants to stay at the Novotel (i think i spelled that right)

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luluuu
24-02-10, 02:06 AM
woooooooo!! :D i'm sooo excited! it's been too long since he's been at guv!

LSG
24-02-10, 06:06 PM

\\o// ooh-rah \\o//

actually were taking the bus!! Its 25 bucks round trip!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO! I just booked my tickets this am!

Well be leaving at 7am...meaning, going straight from his show at pacha to the bus..hahahah
When we saw Markus in vegas we left right after ronskis set at pacha and taxi'd to the airport...so were not new at this...its no biggie really your body just becomes submissive and goes with the flow. HAHHAHA

the bus ride is 10 hours, so im brining the strongest sleeping pill i can find and zonking out. and well arrive for 530 pm time to shower and nap in a bed before his set at the Guv :)

i booked a 12pm departure from T town which brings us back into NYC around 1045pm- so i can still go to work on Monday....cant be losing ANYMORE time for markus or i think my boss will tell me to ask HIM for a new job! hahah

hotel is not booked yet but if you want in im sure there is room! i think everyone wants to stay at the Novotel (i think i spelled that right)

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Bus are you taking there? I am in NYC and can't seem to find any bus as cheap as you are finding.

hellosam
25-02-10, 05:34 PM
@ LSG Im taking Megabus :)

theres like 8 of us going you should come!

LSG
25-02-10, 07:11 PM

This is def. an option... I will keep intouch with you on this!!

Thanks!!!

chimera
27-02-10, 10:11 PM
i like this idea...i am SERIOUSLY considering it but to go straight from the club to bus is hard! the last time i went to the guv (by myself from nyc) i left nyc at night, arrived in toronto at 8am, passed out cold for 3hrs had lunch /dinner with friends, went to the guv left the guv and took a bus back to nyc. it was BRUTAL. anyway send me hotel info this is something i very much would like to do. plus hotel almost doesn't matter aside from location because literally showering, leaving our stuff there then leaving right? i know someone else who wants to go to toronto.

let's discuss next weekend in washington dc :D. my tickets purchased for that, looking forward to it i always have fun in DC.

chimera
27-02-10, 10:17 PM
actually i'm good with the hotel if you can add me i'm down...i'm still taking off part of monday though i'm 29 which is too old for two days of partying and two long bus rides :D.

hellosam
01-03-10, 06:05 PM
^^ yay!! yeah well discuss on sat!!

bleh 29 is not old...im older than you!! :)

LSG
01-03-10, 06:24 PM

Do you know what time The Guv. closes, I really hope they don't close clubs early in Toronto?

chimera
02-03-10, 06:19 AM

Do you know what time The Guv. closes, I really hope they don't close clubs early in Toronto?

stays open longer than some nyc clubs...if you haven't partied in toronto you are missing out.

OkiDokie
02-03-10, 02:49 PM

stays open longer than some nyc clubs...if you haven't partied in toronto you are missing out.

So you should party in Montreal then... :lol:

hellosam
02-03-10, 06:05 PM

If im not mistaken the last time Markus was at Guv he was ending around 7am :)

LSG
02-03-10, 08:21 PM

If im not mistaken the last time Markus was at Guv he was ending around 7am :)

Thanks! You're the man!

hellosam
03-03-10, 04:40 PM
Thanks! You're the man!

hahah

can I be the WOman??? Im a little too feminine for to be "the man" hahahahha

OkiDokie
03-03-10, 10:08 PM
Thanks! You're the man!

hahah

can I be the WOman??? Im a little too feminine for to be "the man" hahahahha

LOL!!! hahaha :lol:

hollygallager
08-03-10, 03:18 PM
YAYYY!!!!
Omg Markus was so amazing in DC on Saturday, now I am counting down the days to this NYC/Toronto weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam pretty much answered all the questions but yeah, booked Megabus roundtrip for like $24 (as soon as the dates were announced! Not sure if they went up). But the plan is to leave Pacha and go straight to the bus. Don't know what time Markus will end at Pacha but Sam made the very wise statement that it is ONLY okay to leave the show before Markus finishes IF IT IS TO GO to another Markus show HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I think our bus times make a lot of sense.. Sleeping on the bus, arriving in time for showers and dinner and relaxing and pregaming!!!
We LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Novotel Toronto Center", it's about half a mile from the Guvernment, easy easy walk.. Affordable at like $125 a night? Split between friends it's only like $25ish. It has an amazing pool and hot tub and sauna and everything which we find VERY NICE before and after a LONG long night of dancing. And it will be A LONG NIGHT.

This show means a lot to me because my first trance show was Markus at the Guvernment and I LOVED IT obviously so I really can't wait to do it again :) :) :) :) :)

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0931-no ... ndex.shtml (http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0931-novotel-toronto-centre/index.shtml) is the hotel.

Bus home is around lunchtime so we can relax a little in the room and shower and stuff before the longgggggggg ride home to NYC. (AND THEN +3 hours for me to get really home to CT) before work Monday morning hAHAHAHAHAHAHA :( :( :( BUT MARKUS IS WORTH IT!!! OMG I Am so excited!!!!!!!!!

chimera
01-04-10, 01:45 AM
montreal is crazy the only place i've started getting ready to go to a party at 2am...i <3 that city though

hollygallager
08-04-10, 01:05 AM
hahaha i love that i found this thread, read it, intending to respond but i realize i already did a couple weeks ago HAHAHAHAHHAHA

so bus tickets from nyc to toronto have gone up considerably. sams/my friends bought theirs for about 60-70$ RT a few weeks ago :( IT PAYS TO BE IMPULSIVE when you find out markus is gonna be within a 500 mile radius and buy your transportation tickets right away HAHAHAHA

this is seriously going to be the best weekend ever... even having one long set of markus is like the highlight of EVERYTHING that is good in this world... but to have two nights back to back?? i would say i probably can't even handle it, but i know i can and will and will have THE BEST TIME EVER. HAHAHHAHAHA ? ? ?

hahaha i recently just found my first ever trance show flyer while i was cleaning... and put it in a frame! it was markus @ the guv in toronto....... i can't waittt for may 7-8 :) :) :) omfgggg :) :) :) :) :) omgggg

OkiDokie
08-04-10, 03:04 PM
Any idea of how long is he going to play for at the Guv?
After how he played at the Bal en Blanc, i'm seriously considering a roadtrip to Toronto 8-) 8-)

chimera
09-04-10, 02:01 PM
wish i just bought the tickets and booked a hotel in toronto but didn't :( because my travel buddies were iffy on going and wasn't sure if i wanted to go to toronto for kyau & albert that friday. meh, either way doing vip in nyc so hope to see people upstairs :)

Yeah Rick
11-04-10, 04:55 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up and go to the Toronto show. I live in Buffalo NY which only takes me about 2 hrs to get to Toronto. I've made the trip to the Guv several times before. (Nothing like driving home at 6am with the sunset, and having your ears still ringing haha..)

But I'm serious about this. I have a hard time trying to find people who are dedicated to this type of music (especially Shulzie :) ) Or if there is any Markus fans near me who'd wanna get together and just talk or chat about music, I'm up for that too...

Post if anyone is interested...

OkiDokie
15-04-10, 11:16 PM
Apparently Markus is going to play for 4hrs, maybe 5.
:(

hollygallager
19-04-10, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know where to buy tickets for this show? www.ticketmaster.ca (http://www.ticketmaster.ca) is NOT loading for me :( :( :( :(

chimera
20-04-10, 03:30 AM
Does anyone know where to buy tickets for this show? http://www.ticketmaster.ca is NOT loading for me :( :( :( :(

doesn't look like they are on sale yet

james
02-05-10, 04:00 PM
lol. 2 pages of this event thread over at the TA forums were dedicated to talking about the "vest"

NYC looks pumped for this show. i really wish i could fly up there again for this. :(

chimera
04-05-10, 01:37 AM
what's the word on the pacha set, is it going to be an extended set because that would be brilliant! to quote myself on ta if that were to happen i would resemble this woman...

http://yourbipolargirl.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/beatlemania.jpg

probably my last big party in nyc which is fitting since markus was the first dj i heard in nyc when i moved here...single tear.

ImpactPlayaz
04-05-10, 02:19 AM
6 hours in New York, 6 hours in Toronto. :)

chimera
04-05-10, 03:40 AM

fan-bloody-tastic...we win. as always thank you darren :D.

OkiDokie
04-05-10, 07:01 AM

Dude are you 100% sure ??
:o :o :o

james
04-05-10, 02:35 PM
from what i understand, markus always plays 5.5+ hours in NYC

OkiDokie
05-05-10, 01:11 AM
I know, he's going to play 6 hours in NY.
I wanted to know if he was going to play 6hrs in Toronto :)

james
05-05-10, 02:10 AM
I know, he's going to play 6 hours in NY.
I wanted to know if he was going to play 6hrs in Toronto :)

Ahh, sorry 'bout that mate! Didn't notice your location :)

OkiDokie
06-05-10, 01:12 AM
Yeah, never mind, he's playing 6hrs in NY and TO
8-)

hollygallager
07-05-10, 12:48 PM
TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT omg it feels like CHRISTMAS
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 :D

stefan1983
09-05-10, 10:41 PM
Any party reports guys!? :)

luluuu
10-05-10, 02:48 AM
markus @ guv was amazing as always. incredible night, so much energy! can't wait till he comes back :)

ramballo
10-05-10, 10:15 AM
hey everyone
markus was SICKKK.. played the new stuff from his album + some old stuff as well... it was off the hook
never expected the night to be this crazy... some of my vids are flipped.. had to really hold on to my cam due to the front of the room was crowded like HELL lolz
gotta thank Darren, Maria111 and Monika K for helping me ID these as well over Facebook.. :)

IntrO Markus Schulz Featuring Sander van Doorn - Dark Heart Waiting into Sander van Doorn - Reach Out
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVXCZKetVgA[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

D-Mad - She Gave Happiness (Arty Remix)
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtgk5gci228[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Reverse - Absolute Reality (Arty Remix)
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpTpmkNOIzw[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Dj Tomcraft - Loneliness
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJp8fJ7oVPM[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Yilmaz Altanhan - Eighties
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZvwr0pvXZ8[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Markus Schulz Featuring Justine Suissa - Perception (Vocal Mix)
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USyRC3hPe5U[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Markus Schulz feat. Sir Adrian - Away
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xwZT7SH0uA[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Markus Schulz - Do You Dream (Uplifting Vocal Mix) into Markus Schulz Featuring Jennifer Rene - Not the Same
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmX5d1Hdy9A[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Meck Feat. Dino - Feels Like A Prayer
not Bart Claessen Dub he said it over youtube
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=errgmpxez6U[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

Ummet Ozcan - Trinity (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
[youtube:3vuw7n4u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzM1FQGH1-Y[/youtube:3vuw7n4u]

I had a blast.. was great set he dropped here in T-doT enjoyed all the Ch00ns :D
hope to see Markus return 1 more time before the year is over :eyespop: for another 6 Hour set.. I stayed till 5am so hope other clubbers captured some vids of his closing..
EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :lol:

maria111
10-05-10, 12:44 PM
No worries honey thats why facebook is so we can fill those tracks :P but seriously i THANK you for adding those videos since me and the rest wasnt there :oops: :)

hollygallager
10-05-10, 12:55 PM
I really want to take the time to write up a full review of my weekend but OMG@#*&@@&^ !!! I didn't get home to Connecticut until 4am this morning, and am now at my desk at work... at 7am. Yes. Hahahaha. I'd do it every weekend if I could. Traveled some 1200 miles, spent 24 hours of the weekend on buses, 12 hours of Markus and exactly 6 hours of sleep. (I can't sleep on buses). Needless to say I stayed til the end both nights and danced the whole time because that is just what Markus does to me!!! I had the time of my life...
My first show ever was Markus @ the Guvernment in Toronto (Only 8 months ago, I know, I'm a noob, sorry! I've been doing well though!) so I knew Saturdays show was going to be very special for me.. and holy $@&#^ it ended up being more than I could ever expected! I got to enjoy the whole set from the stage courtesy of Markus and it was absolutely epic!!!!!!! His set was incredible, probably the best I've heard to date and in all honestly I had THE time of my life.
I will post pictures, videos, etc. as soon as I can!!!

chimera
10-05-10, 01:03 PM
brilliant is really all i can say about the nyc set, everyone i know was blown away which is utterly fantastic. that will probably be the last time i ever go to pacha nyc and possibly be my last nyc clubbing event for years to come so couldn't have picked a better dj to close it out.

amberella06
10-05-10, 04:35 PM
Absolutely amazing time in NYC. Markus ripped Pacha a new one indeed! I traveled up from Charlotte the night of the Party and am so glad I did. It was by far the best party I've ever been to and most definetly the best Markus set I've ever heard. I am really looking forward to Thursday for GDJB and am curious which 2 hrs they will choose to air. The entire night was amazing. Markus solidified why he is my #1.

hollygallager
10-05-10, 04:39 PM
The entire night was amazing. Markus solidified why he is my #1.

I've been thinking that same exact statement for the past 24 hours hahaha :D

csandhurst
10-05-10, 05:39 PM
WOW - that's the best way to describe the guv set.

Hands down, it was simply THE best live set I've ever heard in my life. It had the perfect blend of new stuff and classics and killer energy throughout the whole thing (he started off a lot faster than I expected).

I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing but I unfortunately couldn't. It was a mind-blowing set.

Thank you Markus! Simply spectacular! Can't wait for the new album!!

Cheers!

chimera
11-05-10, 03:05 AM
anyone remember the track mashed up with bad deal?