PDA

View Full Version : All GDJB episodes

Ericc B
12-12-09, 06:47 PM
Does anyone have a list of all the episodes of GDJB that were ever broadcast and the dates?

I have found an extensive tracklist page that dates back all the way to 2003 but the episodes from 2002 are missing...

http://www.nightclubber.com.ar/foro/57/ ... ylist.html (http://www.nightclubber.com.ar/foro/57/tracklists/127754/markus-schulz-global-dj-broadcast-episodes-playlist.html)

ImpactPlayaz
12-12-09, 09:03 PM
You can have a look at the link below, most of the GDJB tracklist archives on the web have been copied from here:
viewforum.php?f=19 (http://markusschulz.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=19)

The 2002 one is still a bit of a work in progress. I have spent some time over the past year going through them and IDing as much as I can. But it's very time consuming as you'd imagine.

Ericc B
13-12-09, 01:18 PM
OMG how could I oversee that section :oops:

I did a search and saw all the regular entries but I have a tendency to not see sticky topics on forums even if they're right up there in my face :lol:

Anyway thumbs up for the all the effort in compiling all these, that is a humongous job indeed. I was looking for a list of all episodes so I could start adding episodes numbers to my files, like basically all radio shows have. Always been wondering why Markus doesn't do that.

ImpactPlayaz
13-12-09, 01:49 PM
The numbering system has always been a common question asked to him, but his response is that he was always just used to naming a show by the date it was broadcasted, just like it would have been when he was doing "Edge Factor" on an FM station in Phoenix in the 90s.

Then when GDJB started, it was treated the same way, since it was airing on Party 93.1 FM in Miami. Sometimes there were shows on both Saturday and Sunday nights, and during Winter Music Conference week, there was a show every night.

So it's just been a continuation of that, even though GDJB has been in syndication since March 2005. The numbering system only really took off I guess when the number of internet shows and stations exploded earlier in the decade. I can't remember if Armin deliberately started numbering ASOT from the very beginning.

I did do a rough check at the number of GDJB episodes, and I think we passed the 400th episode this past September. We're roughly around 25-30 behind ASOT.

Ericc B
13-12-09, 09:52 PM
Ah that explains why there are some odd sequential dates in here and there.

I guess the good thing is if you don't number the show you don't have to throw expensive celebration parties either :lol:

TigerClaw
14-12-09, 06:37 PM
I prefer the shows having listed by dates cause it makes it easier to identify the music that was played on that year.

aakos
15-12-09, 10:47 AM
I found some old episodes from 2002 (those musics are pretty weird and bizarre sometimes :P ) and i'm about to get the episodes from 2003. I possess most of them.

Seeing the GDJB tracklist section and i'm just wondering about 2003 april. Any episode from that month? Or just the tracklist who's missing?

Ideas? Thanx for advance :)

Anyway I have all the episodes from year 2004 on 4 dvds :D

So many guestmixes and essentials w/ Markus... ahh old times... 8-)

modthispny
30-12-10, 07:27 PM
just curious how many episodes there have been for gdjb.

ovidius
30-12-10, 08:07 PM
I think there are around 450-460 episodes. :roll:

Daydreamer
30-12-10, 08:12 PM
GDJB started in May 2002, so:

2002: 52 - 17 = 35
2003: 52
2004: 52

etc.

Around 451 episodes. :P

modthispny
30-12-10, 08:25 PM
that's awesome..been going for quite some time

jdub889
30-12-10, 09:46 PM
i believe this week's episode was actually episode 450. too bad there's no gdjb450 like armin has ;)

Daydreamer
30-12-10, 09:52 PM
i believe this week's episode was actually episode 450. too bad there's no gdjb450 like armin has ;)
You mean like a big event?

jdub889
30-12-10, 10:04 PM

yes? what else would i mean?

Daydreamer
30-12-10, 10:11 PM

yes? what else would i mean?
Maybe just a special or something... :)

jdub889
30-12-10, 11:19 PM

oh, gotcha. yeah, i definitely think he could pull off something like above and beyond did with trance around the world 350 ... get a couple coldharbour artists for support and then play a long set to close out the night, and broadcast the entire thing? tell me you wouldn't die to see skytech-->mr. pit-->phynn-->markus :D maybe for the 500th episode...

Daydreamer
30-12-10, 11:34 PM

oh, gotcha. yeah, i definitely think he could pull off something like above and beyond did with trance around the world 350 ... get a couple coldharbour artists for support and then play a long set to close out the night, and broadcast the entire thing? tell me you wouldn't die to see skytech-->mr. pit-->phynn-->markus :D maybe for the 500th episode...
Hm... Markus said in his last blog that he always likes to do things different that others. :P Maybe it's a nice idea for Coldharbour Day. :)

buraksbt
30-12-10, 11:42 PM
Maybe he'll make smtg for 500th episode, i hope so. :lol:

What you guys think about that?

Daydreamer
30-12-10, 11:46 PM

SMTG? Show Me The Goods?

buraksbt
30-12-10, 11:48 PM

Yes it was accurately the 450th episode. An uploader have counted gdjb episodes since few feeks ago..

buraksbt
30-12-10, 11:50 PM

SMTG? Show Me The Goods?

Something*, my apologize :D

ImpactPlayaz
30-12-10, 11:52 PM
Going to merge this with a slightly older topic, since it pretty much covers the same bases.

Just to add to one of my earlier posts, counting the GDJB episodes isn't that straightforward.

For instance, the show began as a Winter Music Conference special in March 2002. I don't think there are too many of those shows that were ripped, so I've no idea if it was just the one show or if there were several.

Then in February 2005, Party 93.1 changed its station mantra, which meant that GDJB went off the air and was without a permanent home for a little while. The last Party 93.1 episode was on February 14th 2005, but to honour the guests who had submitted sets for the broadcast, they were aired on ETN.fm on February 21st and 28th respectively (note that it was the guests only with no GDJB liners or jingles - Markus didn't do sets on those weeks).

There were no broadcasts until March 24th 2005, when the show started airing on DI.fm (and airing on Thursdays for the first time as opposed to Sunday night / Monday morning). So overall there were less than 52 episodes in 2005.

Then in March 2006, they ran a series of WMC 1 hour specials featuring guest DJs, and these ran Monday-Friday at 10pm CET on DI.fm (GDJB aired as normal that week also with a 2 hour Markus set). So you could say that GDJB had 57 episodes that year.

The idea of the live event for Coldharbour Day would be very cool, and is something I'd personally love to do. Very hard work though and especially when it falls bang in the middle of festival season, meaning a lot of the DJ calendar is sewn up by other events already.

Daydreamer
30-12-10, 11:54 PM

SMTG? Show Me The Goods?

Something*, my apologize :D
lol :D

We'll see but I don't really care... like I said earlier there is Coldharbour Day. :D (which is an absolutely original idea, letting Coldharbour DJs play a set)

buraksbt
31-12-10, 12:00 AM
So we can't catch the proper number of episodes without a little tolerance?

buraksbt
31-12-10, 12:15 AM
Except all March 2002, there was probably 455 episodes, i calculated. But we don't know how many episodes played on March 2002 :|

james
31-12-10, 02:13 AM
There were no broadcasts until March 24th 2005, when the show started airing on DI.fm (and airing on Thursdays for the first time as opposed to Sunday night / Monday morning).

GDJB started on di.fm on my birthday! It's a sign. :)

reddevil09
31-12-10, 06:56 AM
I think the simplictiy and no extravagent celecration of gdjb makes it so special and different from other radio shows! i am not a huge fan of the celebratory events altho i do tune into those as its good fun...but id rather keep gdjb as it is! :)

james
31-12-10, 08:55 AM
A 500th episode celebration or something would be cool.

The problem with ASOT and TATW is that they celebrate every 10 episodes which ruins the whole point of it. If Markus only celebrates every 500 episodes, those celebrations would actually still remain meaningful due to their uniqueness. It's when you start celebrating every 3 months like Armin that the celebration becomes ordinary.

promba
15-01-11, 09:00 PM
A 500th episode celebration or something would be cool.

The problem with ASOT and TATW is that they celebrate every 10 episodes which ruins the whole point of it. If Markus only celebrates every 500 episodes, those celebrations would actually still remain meaningful due to their uniqueness. It's when you start celebrating every 3 months like Armin that the celebration becomes ordinary.
Yeah or every 50 episodes or something like a once in a year thing doing it on the whole globe so that if you want you can visit it and it s not too expensive

james
15-01-11, 09:41 PM
No, every 50 episodes ruins the uniqueness of it.