PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz at Ministry of Sound, London (04-12-2009)

curs3d
17-11-09, 02:15 AM
Hi Everyone! I know this is quite a while away and might as well just post this up and see any forum members are going to Markus's gig in London next month! I'm not really new new to the forums but have been a fan of Markus for years and i'm always on GDJB chatroom on MIRC.. i know so far Rick Valentine apart from me will be going :P. Who else? looking forward to see some members there :)

gr3g0ree
30-11-09, 10:29 PM
If it kind-a matters I will be there with my sis.

Rick Valentine
02-12-09, 06:32 PM
Wont be there now :( but have fun !!!!

kiddafunk
03-12-09, 12:31 AM
hey, first post. BIG markus fan!

Dude do you remember when markus was at MoS last and I remember you posting here that you had some guys come up to you and ask if you were TV? And a girl. That was me and my mates!! hahah! I tried to register at the time of the thread but it wouldn't accept my registration until now.

Are you going to the gallery on fri? I entered the competition to meet markus but its closed now.. well annoyed! Not missed a markus date at the gallery since his residencey started. I wasn't too impressed at the trance awards but I think there were reasons behind that.

Hoping for some dakota, cass & slide, new world deep dark kinda set this fri. never forget seein him on april 10th, WICKED SET!

Anyone ever speak to markus? I wonder if he recognises familiar faces at the gallery..

Sorry for rambling on. Hello all !

kiddafunk
03-12-09, 12:51 AM
im going! haven;'t missed a markus gallery date yet since his residencey started. wish I could meet him. furthest I got was sneaking into the booth and watchin him spin at Mos

dekonstruct
03-12-09, 03:01 AM
Hey - welcome to the forums!

Seen Markus about 4 times now here in Toronto at Koolhaus/Guvernment. I spoke to him once - got my shirt signed :D - really awesome guy. The time after I shook his hand while he was spinning and he looked at me funny, like he recognized me from before but wasn't sure. Maybe he was checking out my girlfriend ;) haha just kiddin Markus! We're both huge fans!

gr3g0ree
03-12-09, 02:01 PM
im going! haven;'t missed a markus gallery date yet since his residencey started. wish I could meet him. furthest I got was sneaking into the booth and watchin him spin at Mos
And what wat the "exit" like? From the booth or the club? lol

TouchingVirus
03-12-09, 05:08 PM
Wow, a thread started with my name, I thought I was in trouble :D

Yeah, of course I remember you lot - it was strange yet somewhat cool to be recognised by completely random people ;) I still want copies of those pictures you folks took, including the one I took on somebody's mobile phone :P

I'm afraid I wont be at the Ministry tomorrow night. I simply can't afford the ridiculous cost of the flights over the London - they're 4 times more expensive that the trip in October :shock: I hope to make it over in February though, and possibly April! I totally expect you to find me when I'm over and say hello :D

Have a great night at MOS tomorrow and I'm sure you'll get to meet Markus soon, he loves meeting the fans and does recognise the ones he sees at lots of gigs :)

TouchingVirus
03-12-09, 05:14 PM
If you sneak into the AAA area you'll just get told to leave that area, not ejected from the club :D

kiddafunk
03-12-09, 05:53 PM
I was next to him spinnin his set for about 40 minutes and then went down into the crowd so I could enjoy it properly... didn't get back into VIP after that. wish I had stayed until the end so I could chat to him!

kiddafunk
03-12-09, 06:20 PM
Shame you aren't coming tomorrow dude would have been good to have chatted to you properly, was a bit excited last time as we had just rushed into the club. Really excited for tomorrow, really hope he drops some disgusting dark beats just how we like it. By the way on a seperate note. The DJ polls were a joke this year. I think markus has had a banging year, so not moving a place has certainly made me feel a lil dissapointed 4 markus n heather. Just goes to show its a popularity contest, and to be honest, I'd prefer it if markus stayed kinda underground like he is now. the coldharbour sound is so unique, i don't want any poll turnin that into a commercial $$$ fest... which it has done evidently (armin anyone)...

curs3d
03-12-09, 08:49 PM
Kiddyfunk and gre!

hope to see you guys tomorrow night :)....

kiddafunk
04-12-09, 12:31 AM
dont leave ya forum logged in at work! school boy error :/

TouchingVirus
04-12-09, 09:27 PM
Shame you aren't coming tomorrow dude would have been good to have chatted to you properly, was a bit excited last time as we had just rushed into the club. Really excited for tomorrow, really hope he drops some disgusting dark beats just how we like it. By the way on a seperate note. The DJ polls were a joke this year. I think markus has had a banging year, so not moving a place has certainly made me feel a lil dissapointed 4 markus n heather. Just goes to show its a popularity contest, and to be honest, I'd prefer it if markus stayed kinda underground like he is now. the coldharbour sound is so unique, i don't want any poll turnin that into a commercial $$$ fest... which it has done evidently (armin anyone)...

Heh, I'll be there on January 22nd 2010, mark your calendar because that's the next Markus MOS gig ;)

Enjoy tonight!

TouchingVirus
05-12-09, 03:26 AM
I'm actually sort of happy I didn't go to the Ministry of Sound tonight and that I resisted the urge to spend that mad money on plane tickets.

Why?

Well, because the Gallery are still not treating Markus with the same respect they treat other acts - Markus, DJ Mag #8 and International Resident of the Year gets yet another paltry 90 minutes on the decks tonight.

By contrast Sander van Doorn had an open to close gig (7+ hours) this year at the same venue, Above & Beyond can "Anjunabeats" the main room with their own decor, their own labelmates playing before & after them and getting themselves some 4+ hour set on the decks.

It's absolutely ridiculous, Markus deserves more and the fans deserve more. He mightn't come to Ireland all that often, but at least when he does he gets a minimum of 3 hours spintime (unless it's a festival event).

I hope that in January Markus gets more time, it's not worth my time or money going across to see him at a residency that only gives him 90 minutes.

Dan
05-12-09, 05:40 PM
Bit of a tracklist here for you guys:

Matt Darey pres Urban Astronauts - See The Sun (Aurosonic Remix/Markus Schulz Edit)
Mr Sam feat T4L - Rydem Koba (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
Lost Witness - Happiness Happening (Ali Wilson Tekelec Remix)
Dr Willis Meets David Forbes - Magic Carpet Ride
Mike Foyle - Deadly Nightshade (Phynn Remix)
Markus Schulz - Do You Dream (Uplifting Vocal Mix)
W&W - Mainstage
Cass & Slide - Perception (Remix) w/vocals
Skytech - Comet
Dustin Zahn - Stranger To Stability (Len Faki Podium Mix/Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
Lentos - Forget About Us (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
Kyau & Albert - I Love You
Dakota - Sin City (Rex Mundi Remix)
Rank 1 - Airwave (Remix) w/vocals
Markus Schulz - The New World

And I'm pretty sure he played ID (Track 06 from Medellin, Colombia set)

Truly outstanding set from Markus, well worth driving 4 and a half hours for. You guys attending Best Of Both Worlds tonight are in for a treat if he plays like this. Great set, enjoyed every minute of it :D :D :D

kiddafunk
05-12-09, 06:24 PM
wicked set! enjoyed it v much. ended up staying at some randoms flat in east london and only just got back in haha! I gave markus a cheeky text written message on my phone when cass & slide came on... WITH THE VOCALS :D awesome!

Wojtus
05-12-09, 06:42 PM
Touching Virus-Did you record vids? :D

TouchingVirus
05-12-09, 07:15 PM
Touching Virus-Did you record vids? :D

Wojtus - I didn't attend.

I can't believe I missed Cass & Slide - Perception with the vocals :shock: :shock:

Also... AIRWAVE with Vocals? Damn :cry:

curs3d
06-12-09, 12:53 AM
Exactly!!! Yesterday was awesome... i dont know if i saw both of you who were there!!! couldn't believe he played perception...Everyone went berserk(and so did i)! Truly enjoyed his set....Gutted not going for best of both worlds :(

kiddafunk
06-12-09, 02:40 PM
I was given some "in trance we trust" tattoo by these kids dressed as army guys lol! remember perception to a tee, i ran up to the DJ booth to give markus the message.. I got a thumbs up i think.. cant really remember, bit mashed ;) loved happiness happening as well. v impressed with the lyrics on the screens :D

curs3d
06-12-09, 03:21 PM
I think we might have gone towards the dj booth together kid...not sure :P.. i was taking video with my camera lol......and i was abit smashed as well.....tattoo?...i didnt come across that lol

matthew
06-12-09, 04:22 PM
I'm actually sort of happy I didn't go to the Ministry of Sound tonight and that I resisted the urge to spend that mad money on plane tickets.

Why?

Well, because the Gallery are still not treating Markus with the same respect they treat other acts - Markus, DJ Mag #8 and International Resident of the Year gets yet another paltry 90 minutes on the decks tonight.

By contrast Sander van Doorn had an open to close gig (7+ hours) this year at the same venue, Above & Beyond can "Anjunabeats" the main room with their own decor, their own labelmates playing before & after them and getting themselves some 4+ hour set on the decks.

It's absolutely ridiculous, Markus deserves more and the fans deserve more. He mightn't come to Ireland all that often, but at least when he does he gets a minimum of 3 hours spintime (unless it's a festival event).

I hope that in January Markus gets more time, it's not worth my time or money going across to see him at a residency that only gives him 90 minutes.

February 2010, Ministry of sound, will not disappoint :D

TouchingVirus
07-12-09, 01:41 AM

January 22nd 2010 ;)

matthew
07-12-09, 02:03 AM

January 22nd 2010 ;)

I'm sure those 3 hours will be awesome too... But I didn't make a mistake... February 2010 ;)

TouchingVirus
07-12-09, 04:08 AM

January 22nd 2010 ;)

I'm sure those 3 hours will be awesome too... But I didn't make a mistake... February 2010 ;)

I think Markus might have gotten his dates mixed up then, February is booked up apart from the first weekend, and it wouldn't make sense to play MOS on Jan 22nd and then play again the first weekend in February

Sheedy
07-12-09, 05:03 AM
Perception with vocals?? Anyone think that this is a step closer to a release? His mix is my tune of 09, it needs to be released !

TouchingVirus
07-12-09, 05:44 AM
Perception with vocals?? Anyone think that this is a step closer to a release? His mix is my tune of 09, it needs to be released !

I sure hope so, that would be oh so good. This and Airwave need releases :o

matthew
07-12-09, 02:04 PM
I think Markus might have gotten his dates mixed up then, February is booked up apart from the first weekend, and it wouldn't make sense to play MOS on Jan 22nd and then play again the first weekend in February

I thought the same actually...but on Friday night at Ministry I spoke to him and he definitely said to me that in February next year he's doing a 7 hour solo set at The Gallery. Maybe you're right and he got mixed up... But so long as at some point next year he does end up playing a 7 hour set there, i'll be happy :)

curs3d
09-12-09, 02:03 PM

I thought the same actually...but on Friday night at Ministry I spoke to him and he definitely said to me that in February next year he's doing a 7 hour solo set at The Gallery. Maybe you're right and he got mixed up... But so long as at some point next year he does end up playing a 7 hour set there, i'll be happy :)

O.o!!!! IM SO THERE if that happens!