PDA

View Full Version : Need more vocal tracks

DjiXas
17-04-09, 05:45 PM
WTF is wrong with this uber crap trance world? Why you also had to destory GDJB by increasing vocal tracks more and more... Everytime I hear... It's like listening to ASOT which sucks.

We wan't trance music, not pop trance vocals... Tiesto, PVD (he's kinda back now) Armin, Ferry, B & J, Ronski, Nic, Kyau & Albert, and now Markus...

Woa, so less left to listen. Fuck this, switching to digweed transitions, at least there are no vocals.

TouchingVirus
17-04-09, 07:27 PM
WTF is wrong with this uber crap trance world? Why you also had to destory GDJB by increasing vocal tracks more and more... Everytime I hear... It's like listening to ASOT which sucks.

We wan't trance music, not pop trance vocals... Tiesto, PVD (he's kinda back now) Armin, Ferry, B & J, Ronski, Nic, Kyau & Albert, and now Markus...

Woa, so less left to listen. Fuck this, switching to digweed transitions, at least there are no vocals.

With all of 3 posts and a pretty much incoherant point, good man yourself ;)

hellosam
17-04-09, 07:36 PM
Ha Ha.

You know what gets me?

Someone who signs up to an artists forum, just to bitch. No contructive ctirisism at all. And, is quite false on that note. In addition, you choose to speak for people. I can GUARENTEE it when I say, no one here agrees with you.

As far as "pop trance music" markus does have his share of vocals- I, personally, do not agree on the pop trance. Do you want armin's forum, i think you signed into the wrong one.

PvD..Kinda back now!!!?? Do you have a fever? Or are you just completely LOST? Have you been to a live show of EITHER markus of PvD? Ill refrain from further comment until ive heard your response...becuase Im guessing- giving you the benifit of the doubt- that you indeed HAVE NOT.

OR are you saying PvD Armin Tiesto, ect are all slacking....along with Markus, in your eyes? Maybe I took that comment wrong.

bottom line is, its hard to compare Markus Schulz to PvD or Tiesto...and for SURE B&J.... His live shows, as well as his GDJB are comepletely different. Maybe a BIT closer to Armin, but really not at all. Markus has an actual model he follows as well as the fact that he takes time to really bring us from proggy to deeper trance throughout his shows.

Granted, this is all personal opion, of course. Just, MY is opinion based on FACT.

And Digweed...really. Yes,there are no vocals...well...less. But its a compeltely different style all together.

And.....coming to the Markus Schulz forum to blast a group of artists who HOLD TRUE to their own style and love of music- pointless, imo. What were you planning on getting out of this? Other than ruffled feathers from fans? All I can do is thank you- I love any opportunity to either defend, follow or introduce an artist i love to anyone :)

talala
17-04-09, 08:56 PM
Ha Ha.

You know what gets me?

Someone who signs up to an artists forum, just to bitch. No contructive ctirisism at all. And, is quite false on that note. In addition, you choose to speak for people. I can GUARENTEE it when I say, no one here agrees with you.

As far as "pop trance music" markus does have his share of vocals- I, personally, do not agree on the pop trance. Do you want armin's forum, i think you signed into the wrong one.

PvD..Kinda back now!!!?? Do you have a fever? Or are you just completely LOST? Have you been to a live show of EITHER markus of PvD? Ill refrain from further comment until ive heard your response...becuase Im guessing- giving you the benifit of the doubt- that you indeed HAVE NOT.

OR are you saying PvD Armin Tiesto, ect are all slacking....along with Markus, in your eyes? Maybe I took that comment wrong.

bottom line is, its hard to compare Markus Schulz to PvD or Tiesto...and for SURE B&J.... His live shows, as well as his GDJB are comepletely different. Maybe a BIT closer to Armin, but really not at all. Markus has an actual model he follows as well as the fact that he takes time to really bring us from proggy to deeper trance throughout his shows.

Granted, this is all personal opion, of course. Just, MY is opinion based on FACT.

And Digweed...really. Yes,there are no vocals...well...less. But its a compeltely different style all together.

And.....coming to the Markus Schulz forum to blast a group of artists who HOLD TRUE to their own style and love of music- pointless, imo. What were you planning on getting out of this? Other than ruffled feathers from fans? All I can do is thank you- I love any opportunity to either defend, follow or introduce an artist i love to anyone :)

and the winner is...... Sam!!!!.... some people r in the wrong place.... 100% agree on what u say.....

hellosam
17-04-09, 11:48 PM
^^ hey thanks for reading- something tells me the original author of this thread wont even take the time...lolol :) :)

joneZboy81
18-04-09, 04:25 AM
POST LESS

salimtek
18-04-09, 05:30 AM
Recently in GDJB Markus played less and less vocal tracks. :cry:
I watched his recent set in Birmingham, no more vocal tunes selected, so the crowd didn't reacted a lot to that. For example during Armin or Daniel kandi set, ALL PEOPLE there, were in fire after a vocal choon.

I always appreciated his melodic vocal selections in GDJB. So it's time to go back on.
I hope that. :)

DjiXas
18-04-09, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I have listened to PVD recently, he was popsy few months ago but back to basics on TE2009.

DjiXas
18-04-09, 10:23 AM
Ha Ha.

You know what gets me?

Yes, he used to be like that and that's why I love him. But even hsi recent GDJB had solarstone as a guest mix, whicih containted lots of pop vocal shit. Trends are changing

Vinyl
18-04-09, 11:59 AM
Criticism would be welcome on any forum as long as it's constructive and well mannered.

DjiXas what you should do is re-write your rant into a logical question and post it in the Markus blog questions thread:

http://www.markusschulz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207&start=30

I'm sure he will appreciate answering a question that actually comes from someone who is doubting the direction he is taking musically. I'd be keen to see what he says.

evgeniy
18-04-09, 10:42 PM
But hey :) ! What was the wrong :) Having vocals or not, the tracks are always amazing :D

evgeniy
18-04-09, 11:00 PM

Dude, I think you watched PvD interview right?

He meant that there are too much vocals into trance music now... I personally think that the most of the vocals are so lovely, but I don't want to change your mind or something

Hayley
19-04-09, 12:02 PM
Sam, you just said it all girl ;)

Vinyl - +1 on that

TouchingVirus
19-04-09, 12:04 PM
I'd wager none of the recent GDJB had any "pop shit" in them, it's a trance show - vocal trance is still trance, learn your genres ;)

Sam to rescue, eh? 8-)

Vinyl +1 - That'd make for one interesting Q&A session :D

TouchingVirus
19-04-09, 12:10 PM
Recently in GDJB Markus played less and less vocal tracks. :cry:
I watched his recent set in Birmingham, no more vocal tunes selected, so the crowd didn't reacted a lot to that. For example during Armin or Daniel kandi set, ALL PEOPLE there, were in fire after a vocal choon.

I always appreciated his melodic vocal selections in GDJB. So it's time to go back on.
I hope that. :)

I completely disagree with you. If you want Vocal then expect it from Armin, Daniel Kandi, Roger Shah etc etc. If you want trance, expect it from Markus, Cosmic Gate, PUSH! and those stuff.

I like (daresay love) the fact Markus doesn't drop all that many vocal tunes, otherwise I might just turn off GDJB - I listen to GDJB for the dark moody basslines, the floor ripping stuff that Markus pumps out. If I want vocal I'll hold out for ASOT or the odd guestmix.

I'd say the crowd reacted the way they did for Markus because he followed Armin so they were very tired, not because of the choice of music. The folks in #asot400 were raving about Marku and his set two hours after it (so even after Armin and Daniel Kandi). Markus got himself a few new fans that night ;)

stefan1983
20-04-09, 08:22 AM

He meant that there are too much vocals into trance music now... I personally think that the most of the vocals are so lovely, but I don't want to change your mind or something

Sorry guy,
but I had to catch up on that post here.

What PVD ment during his interview, are so called "Trance" tracks from artists like CASCADA, Klubbingman, Topmodelz, Global Deejays, Commercial Club Crew a.s.o....
Do I have to name more? Please have a look on the german dance charts f.e.
The Trance there is damn SHIT!
You won't see any Armin, Markus, Tiesto .... there!

I guess, that´s what he ment and I can absolutly confirm that!
I think the same way, although I love vocal tracks. (Just to make a sample : Nothing at all is awesome!!)

deamon
20-04-09, 10:26 AM
yeah Markus don't play pop-trance man

hellosam
20-04-09, 03:40 PM
@djxas: you state that he "used" to be what you loved but:

But even hsi recent GDJB had solarstone as a guest mix, whicih containted lots of pop vocal shit. Trends are changing

Honey- his Solarstone GM was last week. So you are saying- ONE episode was not to your liking?

I dont know that requires a rant, no?

Let me say this: I agree- critisism is definitely welcome, Im sure. Markus is the type of artist that likes to hear what people TRULY feel. However, what you are saying about the show just isnt true, so its not effective. And, to note this, is such a manner- attitude- is just not welcome. At least not by me.

In addition, a couple weeks ago you posted that you loved markus and his style and not to change.

So really, you are basing your new found opinion on just ONE (or just a few) shows? The best thing about Markus is that in a given moth you will find at least three different styles of sets.

So.....I invite you to take some time, listen to some shows. Give it a couple months...then, please post and let us (and markus) know how you feel!!

but please....make it an educated descision. Give the artist that much respect :)

evgeniy
21-04-09, 01:30 AM

Sorry guy,
but I had to catch up on that post here.

What PVD ment during his interview, are so called "Trance" tracks from artists like CASCADA, Klubbingman, Topmodelz, Global Deejays, Commercial Club Crew a.s.o....
Do I have to name more? Please have a look on the german dance charts f.e.
The Trance there is damn SHIT!
You won't see any Armin, Markus, Tiesto .... there!

I guess, that´s what he ment and I can absolutly confirm that!
I think the same way, although I love vocal tracks. (Just to make a sample : Nothing at all is awesome!!)

Thanks for catching up on that one ;) My brother lives in Germany, so I know a loooot about Germany. He is more a minimalistic guy but still he can compose music.

A cousin of mine lives in London (near Brixton). I am moving there very very soon, so I expect a lot, especially from the clubs and human companies!

I was sure PvD interview influenced. But let's not forget his Medal Of Honor reward. This is why I guess, he is able to criticise more directly than others do.

Still I like female vocals for a great sure. I can't say I am not getting pissed off vocals some times, but it's hard to discover a jewel every day or even a week ,right?

stefan1983
21-04-09, 08:52 AM
HI ;)

yeah, the british people are crazy! ;)

Although I don't like PVDs music nowdays, he is still seen no.1 Trance DJ in Germany.
He is what Tiesto/Armin in NL are.., some kind of Trance pioneer.

Regarding the vocals, I can understand, why Paul thinks so.
Have a look at the german so called "dance" charts. Tune into some tracks and let us talk again ;)
Tracks which are played by Armin, Markus a.s.o. are mostly great! There are maybe a few which are not that good, but most of them are!
PVD lives in Berlin, so he knows the german trance (dance) scene very good.
That´s the main reason, he thinks that way.... which is beacuse of the shit which is produced here...! Just to say it again, I think so, too!!!

And regarding the MoH, I don't think that this is the reason.
He mentioned this a lot times during interviews for the last couple of years....which just isn't wrong ;) ;)

Stefan

UgurDinar
21-04-09, 02:43 PM
he should keep his unique sound....
SCHULZISH TRANCE FTW

Rob
21-04-09, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I have listened to PVD recently, he was popsy few months ago but back to basics on TE2009.
I was at TE2009 and PvD was noob as usual so i left and enjoyed jochen miller and after that aly&fila, so just leave this forum with your stupid arguments and find a life for yourselve, annoying noobie :roll:

clickity
21-04-09, 08:53 PM
Why does there seem to be this riff among Paul van Dyk listeners and Armin van Buuren listeners? I wonder what they think of each other's sound.

As far as pure DJ'ing goes, I don't think there's anyone as talented as Paul van Dyk. If you've been to his live shows, they pack such energy, and he is constantly trying to evolve his sound. His tracks are all edited live, and so layered it's something special. Just based on sheer ability now, he could mix in anything he wanted and make it tie into his set (I mean he sampled Will Smith @ Ultra!). That's something no one else in the industry can do. At least no one that I've seen.

As far as Markus Schulz's radio show going down hill; it's important to understand the approach behind his radio show. It's a promotional tool for his coldharbour sound. He has an agenda, and no crowd to respond to. This mentality is completely different from his live sets, where he constructs his set, and responds to a crowd's energy. Also a 1 hour mix is hardly a reflection of a DJ's abilities, or what to expect in a club.

And as far as trance being infused with vocals, you also have to understand the direction of music as a whole. Dance music will become the new pop. It is the new pop. And dance music is borrowing more and more sounds, and breakdowns from electronic dance music: including trance, progressive, house, progressive house, and any other fancy genre you can come up with. For me, this is why it's important to support DJ's that have the right approach. I don't necessarily care what the specific track they are playing is, I care about the architecture of their set as a whole. Vocals have been in trance, house, and progressive since its inception. Just listen to Kevin Saunderson, who was pioneering house in Detriot in the 80's. Listen to Carl Cox who was doing it in London in the early 90's, and Digweed, etc. Then the trance'ers came around with the likes of Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Paul Oakenfold, and Armin van Buuren. The vocals were always there. The breakdowns weren't as massive, and the vocals weren't featured quite this much, but the sound has evolved as a whole, and personally I think it's better.

I'm not saying I love all of the attention the vocal tracks are getting lately. Most of it is garbage to me. For example, I can't stand any of Armin van Buuren's original mixes off his "Imagine" album. I don't like "Man on the Run," by Cerf, Mitiska and Jaren. But I absolutely love "Not Enough Time" by Cosmic Gate. So to each their own with their respective vocals.

I think the industry is being affected for sure by all of the pop like vocals. So it's important now to stand behind those DJ's who have their own unique sound, and approach toward the electronic dance music scene as a whole. Those DJ's for me are Paul van Dyk, Markus Schulz, John Digweed, Carl Cox, and Ferry Corsten. Those have been my top 5 in the DJ Mag poll for the past 3 years. Notice the absence of Armin van Buuren or Tiesto. I no doubt understand how influential they are to trance music. I just understand how massive they have become, and it lacks the authentic feel of the aforementioned DJ's, for me. You can make that argument for Paul van Dyk, and I'll respect that as well. But for me, his raw talent, and the diversity he brings to the table is unparalleled.

There are a slew of other small DJ's I support, and follow. That list is honestly too long. Instead I'll do the opposite and list the DJ's who I'm not too fond of at the moment: John O'Callaghan, Andy Duguid, Marcus Schossow, Blake Jarrell, Sander van Doorn, Randy Boyer, and Sied van Riel. I like some productions by those names, but my main gripe is just that they haven't solidified their own sound yet. They're all over the place, and it disorients me when I've seen them live (and I have), or listen to a record.

My last point is how much I can stress attending a live performance before you make a judgement. As much as I am down on Armin van Buuren at the moment, I am still going to his summer show in Brooklyn, NY this summer. Give the DJ's a chance, and know what to look for. Markus even said it in his blog: pay attention to the story the DJ is telling with the tracks, not necessarily the track itself.

evgeniy
22-04-09, 12:51 PM
HI ;)

yeah, the british people are crazy! ;)

Although I don't like PVDs music nowdays, he is still seen no.1 Trance DJ in Germany.
He is what Tiesto/Armin in NL are.., some kind of Trance pioneer.

Regarding the vocals, I can understand, why Paul thinks so.
Have a look at the german so called "dance" charts. Tune into some tracks and let us talk again ;)
Tracks which are played by Armin, Markus a.s.o. are mostly great! There are maybe a few which are not that good, but most of them are!
PVD lives in Berlin, so he knows the german trance (dance) scene very good.
That´s the main reason, he thinks that way.... which is beacuse of the shit which is produced here...! Just to say it again, I think so, too!!!

And regarding the MoH, I don't think that this is the reason.
He mentioned this a lot times during interviews for the last couple of years....which just isn't wrong ;) ;)

Stefan

HI again :)

Yeah you are right, I had a look into the top dance charts... What I can see is not really a "shit", but is what I consider commercial stuff. Not really heart touching, but still kinda joyful music and it gives you kinda good mood and turns you on a positive thinking.

But hey, I think vocals must not be forgotten. Overvolting myself when listening to minimalistic music or similar, is far from what I want. Like Tiesto, Armin and others, GDJB always gave a positive vibe and much to think, after each GDJB show.

Also, I had great moments with PvD prior 2000's, unforgettable. I can criticise of course, but I don't think I have the right to do so against Such A Massive DJ/producer. It's impossible to satisfy such a big audience, I am definitely sure on that. Logically,the same applies for Tiesto/ArminVB, Markus. I had such a great moments in the past.

All I can say is thank you for your efforts, desires, hard working, patience, understanding, innovation, positive thinking, love, joy, happiness, friendship, cooperation, and much much more precious human qualities, all should be appreciated!

evgeniy
22-04-09, 05:45 PM
he should keep his unique sound....
SCHULZISH TRANCE FTW

Oh yeah! Absolutely :) Is A Must hehehe :)

Btw, sry I keep forgetting to logout the forum sometimes, as my PC never goes off, and plus I am testing stability of My New extreme processor and Mainboard , while listening to GDJB :-)

james
23-04-09, 05:08 AM
Ya, I love Markus' track selection.

He throws in a few vocals and that's how it should be.

Dark melodic bass should be the bulk of the sets :)

salimtek
24-04-09, 05:06 AM
But hey :) ! What was the wrong :) Having vocals or not, the tracks are always amazing :D

yeah, of course! All his sets were massive. More vocals tunes it is just a personal preference for me. Moreover, at the last GDJB show, there were five vocal tracks:

Ohmna Featuring Nurlaila - Key of Life (MaRLo Remix)
Pluton & Turn - Metamorphic Condition
Ferry Corsten Featuring Maria Nayler - We Belong (Tritonal's Air Up There Remix)
Ram - Solid Hope
Rozza - London to Bangkok (Estiva Remix)

It was quiete enough for me :) .

Rick Valentine
04-05-09, 02:21 PM
too much vocal can ruin a set and thats where Armin goes wrong imo, keep it as it is :)