PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz at Kelly's (Lush!), Portrush - 14th March 2009

TouchingVirus
21-02-09, 11:03 AM
Venue: Kelly's (Lush!) in Portrush, Antrim, Ireland
Tickets:: £10
Support: Col Hamilton

Flyer - Yes, it's only been 9 months since Markus played in N.I. at the Beach Club, but the PR spin people probably thought doubling it was better :D

http://file046a.bebo.com/20/large/2009/02/18/21/4643995363a10137601301l.jpg

ImpactPlayaz
21-02-09, 02:08 PM
Oh god, they used the old Markus "in search of his slippers" press shot. :lol:

blueberry
21-02-09, 09:44 PM
That's Alan Simpson for ya. Iv'e got a room in the golf links booked (lush hotel) so no taxi's or standing in the cold at end of night! We got the last room and other hotels were fully booked so alot of people heading up (hopefully people that appreciate the music!). We are heading up about 2pm to start the party early. Really can't wait, looking forward to seeing the new lush and you both also.

See you there with the biggest smile ever!

C

TouchingVirus
22-02-09, 04:19 PM
That's Alan Simpson for ya. Iv'e got a room in the golf links booked (lush hotel) so no taxi's or standing in the cold at end of night! We got the last room and other hotels were fully booked so alot of people heading up (hopefully people that appreciate the music!). We are heading up about 2pm to start the party early. Really can't wait, looking forward to seeing the new lush and you both also.

See you there with the biggest smile ever!

C

You're joking, right? There's no rooms left in the hotel? Grrrrr.... sober night for me, gonna have to drive home after

blueberry
22-02-09, 04:27 PM
I know I got the last double room ( three of us staying in it so think we will bring the blow up bed!) - you might be able to get a twin? If not, you and Darren can drop your stuff in the room and drop by for pre club banter!

You have such a drive ahead of you mr - be careful. Let me know how you get on with room.

C

ImpactPlayaz
22-02-09, 04:51 PM
If there's no room available, then I can't go sadly. Portrush is too far from home to be trying to get back post 2am.

blueberry
22-02-09, 05:01 PM
just sent you a text

TouchingVirus
22-02-09, 06:25 PM
I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see what they have available, thanks for the heads up!

TouchingVirus
23-02-09, 01:17 PM
Yeah, the hotel is fully booked, just rang them there. The Ramada is booked up too.

There's Avarest B&B on Mark Street but you've to book 2 nights over the weekend (Friday + Saturday, or Sat + Sun) :(

blueberry
24-02-09, 12:43 AM
what about royal court? There are loads of guest houses in portrush, portstewart or coleraine all towns oly 4 miles apart and taxi not expensive so you should get something

TouchingVirus
24-02-09, 02:02 AM
what about royal court? There are loads of guest houses in portrush, portstewart or coleraine all towns oly 4 miles apart and taxi not expensive so you should get something

Yup, I've widened the search to B&B's and everything so hopefully I can find out just how many people I'm getting a room for :D

blueberry
24-02-09, 08:51 PM
Sounds like you are getting sorted. It St Pats weekend and that's prob why places are booked up also or maybe our markus is just sooooo popular!

TouchingVirus
24-02-09, 11:40 PM
Spoke too soon, no hotels available in a remotely reasonable price range, and the B&B's are booked up/unwilling to accept Lush! visitors/minimum of a 2 night stay...

Bad news all around I'm afraid!

blueberry
24-02-09, 11:42 PM
what you gonna do?

blueberry
24-02-09, 11:46 PM
what about macools hostel
+44 (0)28 7082 4845 and I am sure there are other hostels

TouchingVirus
04-03-09, 02:40 PM
Well after resigning myself to not being able to go because of the extortionate price of the available hotels (what little of them there were) I broadened my search to Coleraine and it's environs.

The Manor B&B/Hotel came through with a room so I'll be heading to this gig now :P

blueberry
05-03-09, 09:57 PM
woo hoo

see you there. coleraine is only 3-4 miles away and taxi should only be a few quid. i can't wait. See - if at fisrt you don't suceed, try and try again!

TouchingVirus
06-03-09, 12:49 AM
woo hoo

see you there. coleraine is only 3-4 miles away and taxi should only be a few quid. i can't wait. See - if at fisrt you don't suceed, try and try again!

And again, guesthouse in Portrush thanks to Budmonster :D

TouchingVirus
10-03-09, 04:31 PM
This is Saturday, w00t!

blueberry
12-03-09, 01:07 AM
?????????????

TouchingVirus
12-03-09, 02:14 PM
?????????????

w00t
Generally used to express a form of joy. :geek:

Vinyl
13-03-09, 11:18 AM
?????????????

w00t
Generally used to express a form of joy. :geek:

God love wikipedia :D

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/w00t

TouchingVirus
15-03-09, 07:57 PM
COMPLETELY AWESOME!

Lush! is an incredible club, it looks fantastic and the sound system..phwoaaaar! The only place that ever rattled me with bass was the Ministry of Sound, but Lush! certainly rivals the Ministry now. Incredible stuff, you'll hear it on the videos Darren took of the event.

Markus looked tired but didn't disappoint us except when he had to leave! A great tracklist on a top notch sound system, great company and an all around cracker of a night. Thanks to Budmonster & his girlfriend, Blueberry, Orla & her husband, Darren and of course Markus himself who even signed some autographs for me and his first copy of Toronto '09 \o/ (yes, I will tell that to anybody who will listen :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Videos and (limited) pictures to come later on in the week.

*Edit* - Just reviewed the videos and pictures. Some of the videos are marvellous, especially the Big Sky A/X remix and Rafael Frost's Red. Markus Schulz youtube exclusives I think :ugeek:

blueberry
16-03-09, 05:02 PM
It was fantastic. I was delighted to hear Daydream of course! Markus was a star and really got everyone going. He is so good to his fans and people were delighted to get thier photos with him and autographs. Great atmosphere as always at Lush and I agree that the new layout is just fab.

It was brilliant to see so many fans there. We had our own little community in one spot. I had so many people ask me the name of tunes ( thanks to Danny for filling the gaps for me!).

My feet are wrecked. Totally covered in blisters from all the dancing in new shoes (stupid girl). I'm getting furry boots for London!.

It was lovely to meet Budmonster and Dawn for the first. Its great to know that there are people like me just round the corner!

The craic was 90 as they say. I was enjoying myself so much that I didn't really take any photos so really looking forward to seeing the usual from you Danny.

Only a month to go til London. :D

cannie wait

C