10-02-09, 08:24 PM
http://supra.armadamusic.nl/uploads/images/artwork/toronto09_335.jpg

Release date is set for March 8th 2009

Disc 1:

01. Dino - Queensquay and Jarvis
02. Thomas Sagstad - Backfire
03. clAud9 - Rain (Coldharbour Rework)
04. Karnak vs. Dymos - Travail
05. Tritonal feat. Cristina Soto - Crash Into Reason (Moonbeam Remix)
06. Rex Mundi - Scorpion
07. Arnej - Tomorrow Never Comes
08. Tenishia - Everything (Tim Grube Dub Remix)
09. Skytech - Cardboard Box
10. Mr. Pit - The Cube
11. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Nothing at All
12. Max Gueli - Remember the Silence
13. Adiva feat. Vicky Fee - How Does it Feel
14. Omnia - Stick in Monday

Disc 2:

01. Dakota - Koolhaus
02. Umek & Beltek - Is It? (Wippenberg Remix)
03. Dakota - Sin City
04. Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
05. Mike Foyle - Bittersweet Nightshade (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)
06. Mr. Pit - Besides Words
07. Danilo Ercole - Harbour
08. Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)
09. Project MC - Bromley Avenue
10. Calderone & Reddick - Sound of Flight
11. Khaz & Boris M.D. - Eliana
12. Element One - South Haven
13. Barnes & Heatcliff - Pyjamaparty
14. Arnej - Dust in the Wind

childofibiza
10-02-09, 10:16 PM
when/where can we pre-order this?its a must have!

Vinyl
10-02-09, 10:39 PM
Wow look at all those fresh tracks ;) Excitement.

leon
10-02-09, 10:49 PM
@ Markus

Super Awesome News to me! Amazing tracklist! Can"T wait to see you in T.O. on March 21st! and can"t wait you spin these Toronto 09 tracks!

BTW: please bring Markus Schulz pres. Elevation - Largo (Original Mix) to Toronto this time!!!!

Cheers!

8-)

Mike206
10-02-09, 11:04 PM
Holly S***!!!! What a tracklist! Looks very interesting!..

TouchingVirus
10-02-09, 11:51 PM
Markus got himself an account? After all this time? What was the holdup :lol: :lol:

The release date's a whole lot sooner than I thought, guess you weren't lying when you said it was almost done in the chatroom. Looking forward to hearing the new Dakota stuff and the Mr Pit track :!:

TigerClaw
10-02-09, 11:59 PM
Looks like a great tracklist, Lots of new stuff. :)

james
11-02-09, 12:23 AM
Hopefully I can get a copy in time for the drive down to Miami for WMC :)

childofibiza
11-02-09, 12:45 AM
Markus got himself an account? After all this time? What was the holdup :lol: :lol:

The release date's a whole lot sooner than I thought, guess you weren't lying when you said it was almost done in the chatroom. Looking forward to hearing the new Dakota stuff and the Mr Pit track :!:
my thoughts exactly...hope we can pre-order this soon..

Elyyse
11-02-09, 08:08 AM
oooohhh Look at those Dakota tracks :shock:

Looks amazing! Some Markus re-edits, new tracks - the works!! Can't Wait!

Vinyl
11-02-09, 09:01 AM

HAHA was thinking exactly the same thing. Happy first post in your own forum :P

andypime
11-02-09, 12:15 PM
Waiting

Suceed
11-02-09, 05:39 PM
I knew that it will be awesome !! New Dakota stuff and other (propably) good tracks. Looking forward to listen to this ! I hope it will be avalible in Poland in good price ;]
Cover also looks gorgeous.

8th March! - Guys write it down in your calendars ;]

Gia
11-02-09, 05:45 PM
I knew that it will be awesome !! New Dakota stuff and other (propably) good tracks. Looking forward to listen to this ! I hope it will be avalible in Poland in good price ;]
Cover also looks gorgeous.

8th March! - Guys write it down in your calendars ;]

ProLogic Music will release it for sure :) Do not worry ;) and the price shoud be about 30-40 pln

LuisGonzalez
11-02-09, 09:53 PM
Can't wait to pick it up!

michal dybek
11-02-09, 10:18 PM
It's almost 2 months!! Damn:( It will be huge release:)

Seb
12-02-09, 02:21 PM

its not even 1 month! 8-) Cardboard Box is good, wanted Solitude on that though

hellosam
12-02-09, 02:27 PM
Yes yes yes!! Markus now you can spam too ;) hehehe

Dakota - Sin City----omgosh i cant wait!!!

And, a question :mrgreen:

Koolhaus- is there anything behind this? whered the name come from ???? :) :) :)

michal dybek
12-02-09, 05:09 PM

its not even 1 month! 8-) Cardboard Box is good, wanted Solitude on that though

right! i have a little hole in my mind i think:)

ImpactPlayaz
12-02-09, 08:34 PM
Here is the album cover for you guys:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/ImpactPlayaz/MarkusForum/Toronto09.jpg

Suceed
12-02-09, 09:16 PM

Perfect! IMO better than Amsterdam '08.

james
13-02-09, 01:19 AM
Man...I love the dark blue...dark green theme it has going. Markus' style colorized!

Toronto looks pretty sweet there.

michal dybek
13-02-09, 11:24 AM
the album cover is really cool. Better than Amsterdam 08'? maybe a little bit

Rick Valentine
13-02-09, 01:38 PM
Seen it on Armada amazing cover :)

chimera
15-02-09, 03:25 AM
can't say i've ever been less than thrilled with markus' mix cds so definitely going to pick this up when it is released. looks like some goodies from solid producers.

Koolhaus- is there anything behind this? whered the name come from ???? :) :) :)

in toronto there is a complex called the guvernment, inside of it are a number of rooms/clubs. the room you are probably most familiar hearing about is called "the guvernment" because that's where people play on normal club nights kind of like pacha is to those of us in nyc. either way, the koolhaus is the largest room in the complex which is generally open along siide the guv for big events like labour of love or contact. i have yet to explore the entire complex but what i have seen is sick...

TouchingVirus
15-02-09, 05:20 PM

Perfect! IMO better than Amsterdam '08.

That cover is AMAZING! After hearing what may or may not be tunes from Toronto over the weekend I have to say I can't wait to own this, come on March 8th!

TouchingVirus
15-02-09, 08:49 PM
Order date: 15-02-2009 20:41:58
ARMA178CD
Markus Schulz "Toronto '09" [Pre-order CD Compilation] - Shipping: 9/3/2009

I checked my jacket and found twenty quid, I wish I had a jacket like that every time I wanted to order something.

I want a whiskey *looks* ... Awww :cry: :cry:

maria111
16-02-09, 11:42 AM
looks awesome from the tracklist.. :o someone has to get a copy for me as a present i guess!!i hope they will be a contest so i can win this haha j/k :P its just a bit hard to find those stuff over here :(

ImpactPlayaz
19-02-09, 12:44 PM
As a treat, the GDJB on Thursday March 5th will be a 2 hour Toronto '09 Release Special.

(The World Tour will be from Melbourne on the 12th)

Going to be awesome. :D

Suceed
19-02-09, 04:06 PM
As a treat, the GDJB on Thursday March 5th will be a 2 hour Toronto '09 Release Special.

(The World Tour will be from Melbourne on the 12th)

Going to be awesome. :D

Certainly ;] March is awesome month for Markus fans ! :twisted:

ImpactPlayaz
23-02-09, 01:56 PM
This might be of interest to UK based forum members.

Toronto '09 on hmv.com is selling at £8.99 + free delivery.

You can order it from their website by Clicking Here (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?simpleSearchString=Va%3A+Markus+Sc hulz)

CDJShop is selling the CD at £15.99, and you have to pay for delivery.

Not sure if HMV ships worldwide, but might be worth investigating to see if you can find it cheaper there.

ramballo
23-02-09, 04:45 PM
got to grab this beauty 8-)

MarkusSchulz
23-02-09, 05:13 PM
SAMPLE CD 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmyIVJGI ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmyIVJGIyE8&feature=related)

SAMPLE CD 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xnmwhH1ptY

Suceed
23-02-09, 06:47 PM
Samples are massive ;]
13 days to go !!

TouchingVirus
23-02-09, 08:05 PM
Hey Markus,

Will there be a full promo sampler released like with Amsterdam '08, twas the only way I got my hands on the full version of Kenneth Tjonasam's Formulation ;)

TouchingVirus
23-02-09, 08:42 PM
This might be of interest to UK based forum members.

Toronto '09 on hmv.com is selling at £8.99 + free delivery.

You can order it from their website by Clicking Here (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?simpleSearchString=Va%3A+Markus+Sc hulz)

CDJShop is selling the CD at £15.99, and you have to pay for delivery.

Not sure if HMV ships worldwide, but might be worth investigating to see if you can find it cheaper there.

Wow, the early bird didn't get the worm on this occasion :(

Jennifer Andrews
24-02-09, 03:08 AM
Cant wait to get a copy. :D

Love from Dublin Markus keep up the good work.. X

maria111
24-02-09, 11:16 AM
why not the website to run a contest for the forum members as well? :)

Lane
24-02-09, 04:04 PM
Can't wait for this! :D

Gia
26-02-09, 01:05 PM
I checked the samples today and I am ... OMG ! lol I can't wait for Toronto :) I think its gonna be my fav compilation, especially CD 1, so deep and progressive <3
The release date for Poland is March 16th, really look forward!

Dave
01-03-09, 03:27 AM
Does anyone know whether this will be released locally in Australia or am I going to have to import it?

Cheers

Vinyl
01-03-09, 07:34 AM
Does anyone know whether this will be released locally in Australia or am I going to have to import it?

Cheers

Hey mate i've seen Markus compilations before at places like JB HiFi but i've just gone ahead and pre-ordered over the net to save the hassel.

Suceed
02-03-09, 02:16 PM
Guys I have bad (?) info for you :?
Markus compilation leaked into P2P network ...

TouchingVirus
02-03-09, 02:22 PM
Guys I have bad (?) info for you :?
Markus compilation leaked into P2P network ...

It's not terrible news that Toronto '09 has appeared early, I mean there's a lot of us who've got it up on pre-order. Who knows, this stuff might even reach a few people who never would have heard it before, and these new fans might pay to see Markus at a gig and may even buy the album too - that's a double win thanks to P2P.

I'm obviously not advocating P2P in this post, but I can think of worse news than 'It's been leaked' :D

Suceed
02-03-09, 05:25 PM
You have right, but it's unfair that pirates have it earlier than people who will pay for it.

I remeber that Armin CD's (Year Mix & Imagine The Remixes) also were leaked. Bad things happen in Armada :?

I can think of worse news than 'It's been leaked'
What did you mean?

TouchingVirus
02-03-09, 07:35 PM
You have right, but it's unfair that pirates have it earlier than people who will pay for it.

I remeber that Armin CD's (Year Mix & Imagine The Remixes) also were leaked. Bad things happen in Armada :?

I can think of worse news than 'It's been leaked'
What did you mean?

Part of the appeal of piracy is getting stuff before the release day so that's nothing new. I wouldn't think Armada are leaking it out or have somebody in their ranks who is giving it to the release groups. What usually happens is somebody working in distribution gets affiliated with the scene and rips a copy of the CD before it's due to go out on the shelf. There's probably many businesses who have copies of Toronto '09 and are just waiting for the release date before putting them out, it could be one of their staff getting a pre-listen. It happens not just with music from Armada, but from lots of labels and lots of items (movies, games, etc). It's part of the reason why digital watermarking of movies is gaining popularity, it can identify the shop the leak came from and actions can be taken (e.g. no more Universal Studios distributors will ship to Shop X because they leaked film Y).

And if you've pre-ordered your CD and paid for it there's no legal reason I know of that prevents you from getting the pirated version and using it legally until your CD is delivered - you bought the rights to listen to the CD when your credit card was debited, listen away I say :D

By 'I can think of worse news', well how about a major release delay because of printing/distribution problems? I'd be pretty well pi$$ed off at that :D

Suceed
02-03-09, 09:08 PM
Part of the appeal of piracy is getting stuff before the release day so that's nothing new. I wouldn't think Armada are leaking it out or have somebody in their ranks who is giving it to the release groups. What usually happens is somebody working in distribution gets affiliated with the scene and rips a copy of the CD before it's due to go out on the shelf. There's probably many businesses who have copies of Toronto '09 and are just waiting for the release date before putting them out, it could be one of their staff getting a pre-listen. It happens not just with music from Armada, but from lots of labels and lots of items (movies, games, etc). It's part of the reason why digital watermarking of movies is gaining popularity, it can identify the shop the leak came from and actions can be taken (e.g. no more Universal Studios distributors will ship to Shop X because they leaked film Y).

And if you've pre-ordered your CD and paid for it there's no legal reason I know of that prevents you from getting the pirated version and using it legally until your CD is delivered - you bought the rights to listen to the CD when your credit card was debited, listen away I say :D
Good point ;] ( I would like to take a longer discusion with you about this but my english isn't as good to express my arguments. Illegal music exists and propably nothing is gonna stop it)

By 'I can think of worse news', well how about a major release delay because of printing/distribution problems? I'd be pretty well pi$$ed off at that :D
I hope that is not gonna happen ;]

So Guys 6 days left to official release ;]

t4e
02-03-09, 10:32 PM
i hope i can get the CD delivered before March 21st when Markus plays in toronto, so i can try to get it signed by him....

Amsterdam 08 was amazing, i have no doubt Toronto 09 will be too...i trust blindly in his taste :mrgreen:

t4e
02-03-09, 10:36 PM

LMAO...that is totally wrong and illegal....you paid for the right to listen to the one you're getting

when you buy a CD, you bought the right to use it for personal enjoyment, NOT to make copies and share it, its exactly what pirated copies are, even if the person sharing it paid for it, sharing it is not a right they paid for.

james
03-03-09, 12:35 AM
He's not saying you're allowed to share it.

He's saying if you actually paid for the CD -- there's no real harm in you receiving a pirated digital copy floating around the internet to have on your computer.

t4e
03-03-09, 04:44 AM

He's saying if you actually paid for the CD -- there's no real harm in you receiving a pirated digital copy floating around the internet to have on your computer.

and what is the person providing the pirated copy do?...he/she is sharing a copy they paid for LOL

regardless, of all people you live in USA, the source of RIAA, you should know better, its illegal to share any copy of what you bought...you buy the right for personal use

i don't mean to be starting an argument here, but honestly, i can't believe ppl think its right to get pirated copies

james
03-03-09, 05:43 AM
We're arguing different things in my opinion...

I completely agree pirating movies/music is wrong; however, I've always felt if I own the DVD, but it's at my house with my parents, and I want to watch it tonight. That I have the ability to download said movie. I don't help the person who I got it from share it to anyone else. I simply put it on my hard drive for a couple of hours, so I can watch it. Saves me the trouble of driving 60 miles to my parent's house and back to my apartment.

Same kind of concept can be applied to music in my opinion. Say the CD drive on your computer isn't working (happened to one of my old computers), but you want to put the CD you just bought on your MP3 player. I don't see the harm in downloading that CD, once again not sharing it at all to anyone else, so you can get it on your computer to transfer it to your MP3 player.

It is wrong for people to share stuff like that over P2P networks. I don't condone them, and aside from the occasional movie years ago (which I owned on DVD or VHS), I've never downloaded anything. However, they're going to share it over the internet, regardless if people download them or not. And sometimes the above situations arise which I actually feel is fine for people to download them.

Just my opinion.

TouchingVirus
03-03-09, 01:38 PM
Hooray for thread derailment, unfortunately this is not the right forum to air such views so I won't be surprised if these topics are split away from the Toronto discussion to their own thread or removed. However, here goes...

and what is the person providing the pirated copy do?...he/she is sharing a copy they paid for LOL

jimaeus is completely correct. I actually paid for the rights to listen to Toronto '09. These rights don't just restrict me to listening to it on the CD I bought, otherwise I wouldn't be able to rip it to my iPod and play it in the car, which is just silly. Because I bought the rights I fully believe I'm doing no harm in obtaining a copy from the internet early. In the same vein, were the shop to deliver my copy early I wouldn't send it back :P Please be aware I have already paid the merchant, it's on my bill, I'm not just "intending" to pay once it comes out in some bricks & mortar shop.

regardless, of all people you live in USA, the source of RIAA, you should know better, its illegal to share any copy of what you bought...you buy the right for personal use

I know this was directed to jimaeus but I never said I condoned piracy. The person who leaked this out was completely in the wrong. While I might have nailed myself an advance copy of Toronto '09 I never once said I'd pass it off to my friends or share it around. It's on my PC and there it will stay.

I fully agree with jimaeus on the points he made there too, I feel the exact same way. Piracy is copyright infringement, which can be taken to mean viewing or listening to media for which you do not own the right. I own the right to listen to Toronto '09, unfortunately it's not in my posession now so I can't enact that right. There is no provision in any law that says I must wait until the 8th of March before the rights become active, they are active as soon as money changes hands. So with that in mind, I'm not breaking any law and happily listen to this fabulous new album ;)

t4e
04-03-09, 03:21 AM
lol...my whole point is that you own the right to listen to YOUR copy, when it is delivered
by the store you bought it from not the person that uploads his own copy, leaked copy or whatever else is available on the net, its the same thing as if you ripped it and shared it with the world

you wanna rip it and put it on your mp3, that's perfectly fine

there is no law saying you must wait, than why are there release dates?...the store delivers it to you when it is being released officially, if you were meant to have the right to dld from anyplace once you paid for it there will be a digital copy for you to dld before they deliver the CD

one other point that i was making, and got totally missed, is that the person providing the pirated copy is doing something illegal, and you as the dlder are an "accessory" to that illegal act

this is a subject that can go on for a while, i think will be better if the admins/mods move it

optheta
04-03-09, 09:03 AM
No point in argueing this subject. The cat is out of the bag its up to artist and companies to use it to there advantage instead of fighting it, only makes it worse.

Im curious as to what Markus thinks about this type of stuff him being in the EDM/Trance scene which is a heavily pirated.

Vinyl
04-03-09, 10:55 AM
Well i've already pre-ordered..... but am resisting the temptation to download........ at the moment LOL

I don't know how long I will be able to hold out.......................

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

james
04-03-09, 04:16 PM
Internet leaks do help spread a lot of artists' music, so people are more incline to know of the artist and go see the artist at a club/concert.

Hopefully after downloading music most people go to audiojelly or wherever and pay for it assuming they like it. Really is a shame if they don't.

t4e
04-03-09, 06:04 PM
either you know the artist or you don't...leaks is not promotion for the artist
and lets say someone that never heard of Markus takes a chance and downloads the leaked album, if they don't like it they will never buy it...so the loss is with the artist

some use the leaks/pirated copies to listen before they buy, most don't...which is another reason i think file sharing is wrong..before the days of internet and file sharing/leaks etc under normal circumstances you will only get a chance to listen to samples of the tracks, and based on that alone you would make the decision to buy the Album or not, than when you got it if it wasn't exactly as good as you thought it was, well tough luck, you could not return the CD's but...the artist rightfully got paid for his work...i hope my point is very clear now. :D

i can't even preorder lol
but its only few more days now :mrgreen:

MrE
04-03-09, 07:28 PM
jimaeus is completely correct. I actually paid for the rights to listen to Toronto '09. These rights don't just restrict me to listening to it on the CD I bought, otherwise I wouldn't be able to rip it to my iPod and play it in the car, which is just silly. Because I bought the rights I fully believe I'm doing no harm in obtaining a copy from the internet early. In the same vein, were the shop to deliver my copy early I wouldn't send it back :P Please be aware I have already paid the merchant, it's on my bill, I'm not just "intending" to pay once it comes out in some bricks & mortar shop.
I'd agree with this, & i think we all know how difficult it is when you're really looking forward to something, knowing that it's already available just a few clicks away.

Be aware though, if you use p2p to get stuff then it is illegal, regardless of whether you've already bought the cd or not.

james
04-03-09, 07:48 PM
You have a very flawed sense of logic t4e.

Sartuz
04-03-09, 08:50 PM
I know what I'll be blasting the entire plane ride to WMC :D

TouchingVirus
04-03-09, 09:29 PM
Be aware though, if you use p2p to get stuff then it is illegal, regardless of whether you've already bought the cd or not.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point - as would the many, many people who have downloaded copies of their CD's that they own but have either forgotten to bring, or the original CD broke etc etc.

If there was a way I could obtain a replacement for a broken CD without having to fork over full price again I'd take that option every time, even if I had to pay the cost of the CD & postage (or in the case of digital delivery, the bandwidth cost). Just as long as I'm not paying for the rights a second time, I paid for those already the first time around, the Record Company shouldn't make the same profit off me a second time around.

As for t4e, I'm afraid they strike me as somebody who'd be a complete nazi about copyright and have a go at somebody for putting a recorded stream online or recording a song to their mobile phone at a gig (both have issues with copyright believe it or not). However, the world isn't black and white and I've no interest in engaging with somebody who can't see shades of gray

We're not all wearing eye patches and we don't all have peg legs and scream YAAAAAAR at every opportunity, just so you know :lol:

But again, we digress...some of you folks have but 4 days to wait until the official release date, it's worth it :D

MrE
04-03-09, 10:58 PM
Problem with p2p is, as you download, others also download from you, which is technically distribution of copyrighted material & is illegal, regardless of your ownership rights.
I do agree with you though, i don't think it's morally dubious at all to d/l something that you've already paid for, provided it's not done via p2p.

chimera
05-03-09, 03:21 AM
will this be available on iTunes? hope so want it asap.

also, i feel slightly bad "counterfeiting" an album especially because in edm we have so many free weekly shows. therefore most of the time we aren't paying a thing so not so hard to shell out $15 on a CD every once in a while. if you are a dj then yeah you are paying for stuff on beatport and other stores but that's to be expected, that is your chosen hobby/profession.

james
05-03-09, 05:10 AM
You can download and not upload.

I download the occasional TV shows when I miss them, so I can watch the next one the following week without being lost.

You don't have to distribute what you download.

The people leaking this stuff are going to leak it regardless if other people download it. So if you actually own a copy of the stuff, but for whatever reason cannot access it and really need it, I honestly think you have a right to download it. Just don't upload it.

A broken CD or DVD or whatever is a great reason.

Obviously you should never download...it does tend to complicate things. But sometimes, situations arise.

t4e
05-03-09, 04:24 PM
You have a very flawed sense of logic t4e.

:lol: and why is that?

my logic is based on what is legal and what is not

i'll take the time and provide you proof that buying a CD doesn't buy you the right to dld pirated copies, doesn't even allow you to play it in public places for an audience LMAO

t4e
05-03-09, 04:35 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point - as would the many, many people who have downloaded copies of their CD's that they own but have either forgotten to bring, or the original CD broke etc etc.

If there was a way I could obtain a replacement for a broken CD without having to fork over full price again I'd take that option every time, even if I had to pay the cost of the CD & postage (or in the case of digital delivery, the bandwidth cost). Just as long as I'm not paying for the rights a second time, I paid for those already the first time around, the Record Company shouldn't make the same profit off me a second time around.

As for t4e, I'm afraid they strike me as somebody who'd be a complete nazi about copyright and have a go at somebody for putting a recorded stream online or recording a song to their mobile phone at a gig (both have issues with copyright believe it or not). However, the world isn't black and white and I've no interest in engaging with somebody who can't see shades of gray

We're not all wearing eye patches and we don't all have peg legs and scream YAAAAAAR at every opportunity, just so you know :lol:

But again, we digress...some of you folks have but 4 days to wait until the official release date, it's worth it :D

i couldn't care less what you do at a gig, you can record all you want, in fact there's people that stream rip the shows, i don't have a problem with that, i personally download recorded shows too, they are not for sale and not meant to be

when it comes to official releases, its a different story

you must have noticed that blank CD's are already a lot more expensive than DVD's...ever wondered why?

as for paying the second time, why does everyone think that way when it comes to music?

what do you do when your shoes are worn out and you need a new pair?...go and buy a new one...buying one pair doesn't buy you the right to get FREE shoes for the rest of your life, and the logic applies to everything else

TouchingVirus
05-03-09, 06:58 PM
what do you do when your shoes are worn out and you need a new pair?...go and buy a new one...buying one pair doesn't buy you the right to get FREE shoes for the rest of your life, and the logic applies to everything else

No it doesn't ..you don't 'wear' out music, and copyright doesn't come into the equation for clothing, there's no need to get anal about it.

It's not just music, it's all forms of digital media I share this opinion about.

Blank CD's are incredibly cheaper than DVD's where I live, and in most of Europe. It's against the law to record shows in New Zealand, so obviously there are some issues in at least some parts of the world.

Again, it comes back to the world not being black and white, but you just can't see gray is what I'm saying.

james
05-03-09, 08:10 PM
Again, it comes back to the world not being black and white, but you just can't see gray is what I'm saying.

'Bout sums it up.

You only see in black and white.

The world is very grey my friend.

Which is why your logic is flawed.

Elyyse
06-03-09, 11:19 AM
I browsed only quickly thru this thread to find the pre-order link,but i cant find it? Anyone want to help me out..

on the main markusschulz.com page there is a link to preorder - clicking on it brings you to armadadownloads but i still dont see an option to pre order...

i want this baby now <3 :) cant wait. thank u guys!

ImpactPlayaz
06-03-09, 12:15 PM
I browsed only quickly thru this thread to find the pre-order link,but i cant find it? Anyone want to help me out..

on the main markusschulz.com page there is a link to preorder - clicking on it brings you to armadadownloads but i still dont see an option to pre order...

I think the big issue here would be the cost of getting the CD imported if you wanted to get it early.

Your best bet Elyse is to order it through CDJShop - Clicky (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=161263).

They ship worldwide for free on all orders over the equivalent of £25. So you could order Toronto '09 and something else, and save on the huge shipping costs to the US.

I have looked on the likes of Amazon.com and Best Buy and it doesn't seem to be available there yet. But I do know that the album will be available for download worldwide everywhere through iTunes from this Sunday.

For those of you who are thinking of taking advantage of this offer, you could think about getting one of these as well, if you haven't done so already:

Progression Progressed (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=153874) (which includes the original Progression CD)
Armada at Ibiza Summer 2008 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=148761)
Amsterdam '08 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=38478)
Ibiza '06 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=18085)
Without You Near (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=18088)
Miami '05 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=45075)

Hope this helps. :)

Elyyse
06-03-09, 12:53 PM
Oh wow-- I cant thank you enough for the help! I think I will get the Torono 09 + Progression Progressed together to save on the shipping :) (Sadly I am behind on the Prog Progressed album too..) But no fear I will have them all soon, haha.

Thank you again Darren!

hellosam
06-03-09, 01:36 PM
Im totlaly buying it through cdjshop....although....amazon always has some hot deals and I always have free shipping so i may do the itunes purchase to get it right away sunday and then when its available on amazon.com Ill buy the hard copy.

Markus is one of the few DJs that I have NO PROBLEM double, tripple, quadruple supporting. I HAVE to have hard copies of all his stuff- its just so pretty on display :)

james
06-03-09, 04:38 PM
Markus is one of the few DJs that I have NO PROBLEM double, tripple, quadruple supporting. I HAVE to have hard copies of all his stuff- its just so pretty on display :)

amen :)

imported_GDJB
09-03-09, 01:33 PM
Artists: Out March 9th is Markus Schulz’s annual compilation series taking a snapshot of how his DJ sets typically sound, with the source of inspiration this time being one of the most influential clubbing conglomerates worldwide; Toronto, Canada. Read on for more info!

http://trance.nu/v4/news/markus-schulz-toronto-09-out-monday

Having completed his most extensive annual tour itinerary in 2008, playing at the world’s biggest clubs, arenas and festivals in the process, one could be forgiven for assuming that Markus’ choice of city to represent the 2009 chapter in his CD series would be a difficult one. For Markus however, the decision was quite simple.

“Some of my best gigs over the last few years have been in Toronto,” says Markus. “The world famous Guvernment complex is incredible and a huge inspiration. It has everything - intimate, knowledgeable fans in a big room setting. I like to have each instalment of my CD series be inspired by different things and Toronto inspires a vibe that I am very pleased to share with the world.”

The ethos of this compilation series has remained integral since its conception - and that is the process of Markus working closely with every producer that contributes a track towards the project, with the objective of establishing a sound which encompasses the mood of the CD, and the chosen city. Many of the names which feature are already well recognised by Coldharbour Recordings followers and regular Global DJ Broadcast listeners.

However, to add his personal touch in terms of a production capacity, Markus himself dedicated a substantial amount of time in the studio during the winter period. The result is 2 brand new tracks produced under his Dakota alias, a name which will be familiar to followers of the Bedrock and Global Underground compilations at the beginning of the decade. The tracks are entitled Sin City and Koolhaus, the latter named as a tribute to the special events area inside The Guvernment complex, which Markus describes as “a privilege to play and perform”. With a full album in the works, there will be much more to come from Dakota as the year progresses.

Disc 1 is best described as a journey that builds over time, beginning with dark and slowly layered sounds that can only be discovered and appreciated with more than one listen. Disc 2 moves towards more frequent big room moments, with his trademark basslines and euphoric melodies. Overall, the compilation is a reflection of Markus’ extended sets in Toronto, and it is only appropriate that his next appearance in the city is only a matter of weeks away. The official Toronto ’09 release party takes place at the Guvernment on Saturday March 21st.

Toronto ’09 will be available to purchase on CD and through all digital download portals from Monday March 9th.

Tracklist

Disc 1
01. Dino - Queensquay and Jarvis
02. Thomas Sagstad - Backfire
03. clAud9 - Rain (Coldharbour Rework)
04. Karnak vs. Dymos - Travail
05. Tritonal feat. Cristina Soto - Crash Into Reason (Moonbeam Remix)
06. Rex Mundi - Scorpion
07. Arnej - Tomorrow Never Comes
08. Tenishia - Everything (Tim Grube Dub Mix)
09. Skytech - Cardboard Box
10. Mr. Pit - The Cube
11. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Nothing at All
12. Max Gueli - Remember the Silence
13. Adiva feat. Vicky Fee - How Does it Feel
14. Omnia - Stick in Monday

Disc 2
01. Dakota - Koolhaus
02. Umek & Beltek - Is It? (Wippenberg Remix)
03. Dakota - Sin City
04. Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
05. Mike Foyle - Bittersweet Nightshade (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)
06. Mr. Pit - Besides Words
07. Danilo Ercole - Harbour
08. Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)
09. Project MC - Bromley Avenue
10. Calderone & Reddick - Sound of Flight
11. Khaz & Boris M.D. - Eliana
12. Element One - South Haven
13. Barnes & Heatcliff - Pyjamaparty
14. Arnej - Dust in the Wind

Written by:
frombeyond

Permanent link (use this if you want to link this content):
http://trance.nu/perm/news/23931

t4e
09-03-09, 01:39 PM
They ship worldwide for free on all orders over the equivalent of £25. So you could order Toronto '09 and something else, and save on the huge shipping costs to the US.

ooh dear, i see the CD's are still overpriced as ever in UK

as much as i would love to have the Album now, i am not paying the equivalent of $33 lol

its so much cheaper in Canada, on Amazon.ca is gonna be $18 with Free Shipping on orders over $39

TouchingVirus
09-03-09, 03:43 PM
Doesn't Darren also do the write ups? Surely we're not gonna amalgamate everything Markus onto the forum in an official capacity ..I'm a little baffled by these posts from the Super account :? :?

Btw, the release date was March 8th no? :P

dfx
09-03-09, 06:45 PM
No it doesn't ..you don't 'wear' out music, and copyright doesn't come into the equation for clothing, there's no need to get anal about it.

It's not just music, it's all forms of digital media I share this opinion about.

Blank CD's are incredibly cheaper than DVD's where I live, and in most of Europe. It's against the law to record shows in New Zealand, so obviously there are some issues in at least some parts of the world.

ok, i'm going to make an attempt at explaining what exactly copyright is and how it works.

When buying a cd, or buying a track download from a digital store, you are not buying the "rights to listen" to it, simply because there is no such thing.

It's all about making copies, that's why it's called copyright. The artist who created a piece of work is the only entity that naturally posseses the right to make copies of this work. They are the one and only copyright holder, and nobody can take this away from them. However, they can license a second entity to create copies and sell them, on the artist's behalf. This is where record labels come into play. Record labels are licensed by the artist to create copies of the work and sell those copies.

When buying a CD or a digital track download, all you are buying is a copy of the artist's work from someone who is licensed to create copies. You are not buying the rights to anything.

You also do not have the right to create copies yourself. However when you download something from rapidshare, P2P or whatever, you are creating a copy, illegally. Whoever uploaded it also does not have the right to make copies, and you even know that (those download sites are clearly not licensed distributors), making it even more illegal.

If you lose your legally purchased copy (lose the CD, lose the file, CD gets scratched or whatever), well, bad luck for you. You still do not have any rights to this work whatsoever, so you have to get your wallet and buy another copy.

And this is how it works. It doesn't matter if the medium is digital or not, copy is copy, and that's all that matters.

Jordi
09-03-09, 08:49 PM
Doesn't Darren also do the write ups? Surely we're not gonna amalgamate everything Markus onto the forum in an official capacity ..I'm a little baffled by these posts from the Super account :? :?

Btw, the release date was March 8th no? :P

I already received the CD on Friday the 6th :D

Jordi
09-03-09, 08:58 PM

I think the big issue here would be the cost of getting the CD imported if you wanted to get it early.

Your best bet Elyse is to order it through CDJShop - Clicky (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=161263).

I have looked on the likes of Amazon.com and Best Buy and it doesn't seem to be available there yet. But I do know that the album will be available for download worldwide everywhere through iTunes from this Sunday.

For those of you who are thinking of taking advantage of this offer, you could think about getting one of these as well, if you haven't done so already:

Progression Progressed (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=153874) (which includes the original Progression CD)
Armada at Ibiza Summer 2008 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=148761)
Amsterdam '08 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=38478)
Ibiza '06 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=18085)
Without You Near (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=18088)
Miami '05 (http://cdjshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=45075)

Hope this helps. :)

And don't forget, in my opinion the best, Coldharbour Sessions 2004 8-)

ImpactPlayaz
10-03-09, 05:31 PM
Per Markus' latest blog entry, Armada will also release a 10 track unmixed package for Toronto '09. :)

Gullie
12-03-09, 06:13 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOT..just heard the first 5 tracks..

TORONTO 09 is damn fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugeek:

Gullie
12-03-09, 06:15 PM
What a great compilation..and that just after the first 5 tracks..
well done markus.. Toronto 09 is fucking fine :mrgreen:

Coxx
19-03-09, 06:58 PM
This is such a huge album cd 1 is my fav... cant wait for this saturday :D :D

evgeniy
07-04-09, 10:02 PM
WOW yes :o , definitely the album is more than amazing! What - an - amazing tunes, really!

I heard some of the tracks and ... it's like a dream come true !!!!!!!!!!!! :D