PDA

View Full Version : New Dakota Productions

TouchingVirus
25-01-09, 09:18 PM
Might I point all you forum goers to Markus' blog this week? The two Dakota tracks in the essential mix were pretty fantastic, part of the reason I play the EM so much nearly 2 months after it aired!

Bring forth the tunes Markus 8-)

mon1ker
25-01-09, 10:29 PM
Is it two months already? I'm also still playing it - but then I'm always behind a couple of weeks anyway....

But there are many awesome tracks on that show - it really is a showcase of what markus plays. It's almost like a live set, just not, er, live.

These days I find that Pink Floyd track on my mind all the time...and the new mashup.

Elyyse
11-02-09, 08:12 AM
I still play the EM too!!! It was wonderful <3 The Dakota Tracks are amazing.. I got to hear Day off in Lima LIVE in NYC!!!

Never freaked out more... hahhaha... Me and Sam were up in VIP and dancing away when we heard those horns.. we started yelling and screaming!!! I turned around to Blake Jarrell (who opened) and i SHOOK him like "OMG DO U KNOW WHAT THIS IS" ... hahahahah he was more in chill mode at that point as it was like 530AM but Im sure he enjoyed the track as well hahahaha

TouchingVirus
11-02-09, 10:49 AM
I REALLY want to hear Day Off in Lima live, either in London on Friday or in Dublin on Saturday - it's just an awesome track! And there's Koolhaus on Toronto '09 and a few other Dakota tracks around, I predict (Read: hope) a Dakota artist album soon!

Rick Valentine
11-02-09, 08:11 PM
Loving the Dakota tracks !!!!

Dakota - The Doorway

is by far my favorite atm cant wait to hear "Dakota - Koolhaus"

Maybe there is a Dakota artist album on the way ??? :D

Rick Valentine
20-02-09, 12:59 PM
As you may have seen since the Essential Mix Markus did back in December there was afew new Dakota tracks in the mix and also after finishing his Toronto 09 Album 2 more tracks were revealed !!!!
In total there are 9 NEW Dakota tracks to put on the album so far, i thought this was going to stay quite for some time i asked Markus on Friday while we were in London if there was any chance of a Dakota Album and he smiled and confirmed.
Now to you all Markus has just splurted the great news out on his blog :)
Just as you think hes going to make another amazing Markus Schulz artist album he comes up with something even better and more exciting for us all !!!!

From Markus

Since the Essential Mix in December, and even more so with the revealing of the tracklist for the Toronto '09 compilation, there has been a lot of rumors and speculation about the possibility of me working on a full Dakota album. I can confirm that yes, it is true. At the moment, I have 9 tracks ready to go for the album!

And you are aware of the names of four of them already. The two tracks that were on the Essential Mix - The Doorway and Day Off in Lima, and the two tracks from Toronto '09 - Koolhaus and Sin City, they will all feature. There is also one track that I have been playing in my live sets lately called "Chinook", which has been getting some great reactions so far. Over the coming weeks, I will write a little bit more about the Dakota project, and some of the tracks you are going to be hearing very soon.

:D :D :D :D

TouchingVirus
20-02-09, 02:11 PM
Haha, that Chinook is a dance floor destroying tune. Totally tore it up at MOS and at Tivoli in Dublin - I'll take more of that any time :D

Same for Day off in Lima, Koolhaus and Sin City! Can't wait to hear the rest of the tunes on this album, it's going to be great!

michal dybek
20-02-09, 02:53 PM
damn!! it's a great news for all fans!

Marteed Resch
20-02-09, 04:57 PM
Wooot!! It'll be awesome..."Koolhaus", "Day Off In Lima", "The Doorway", lovely, magic tunes...

Vinyl
21-02-09, 02:47 AM
This is outstanding news. I really like the pathway he is taking with the 'Dakota' project. It is only going to mean big things.

Elyyse
22-02-09, 11:48 PM
WOW amazing news!!! I can tell already that this album is going to be one I never stop listening to, even years from now.... nice markus!!! :)

... I wish i was at Pacha hearing Day off in Lima with Sam... going crazy jumping around!! MY gosh!!... hahaha

Gullie
24-02-09, 10:46 AM
Woooooooooot..this is wonderful news :P

hellosam
24-02-09, 05:41 PM
I can not wait. i dont really have words. But I do have to say that even my craziest trance friends have had to tell me to calm down about the new dakota stuff. I try to get them to understand the importance of this and they giggle or walk away. its really starting to get to me. maybe it will sink in if i keep trying to teach them.................

Rob
01-03-09, 01:25 PM
great news :o
hopefully Dakota-Amsterdam will be included as well :D

Lane
08-03-09, 06:20 AM
Cant wait for this!!!!

deamon
15-03-09, 10:17 AM
Hopefully Dakota - Hypnotic from A|X compilation will get a release too :)

hamza578
09-04-09, 03:00 AM
going to see schulz live 2moro ... hope to c chinook make another test flight
YOUR MAJESTY V Need sum airtime for CHINOOK on GDJB .... a full on lyk on da vid for world tour miami vid ...

childofibiza
09-04-09, 02:52 PM
Dakota - Chinook is already on the armada promo pool..uplifting,afterhours & original mix are all spectacular!!!

stefan1983
09-04-09, 11:47 PM
I really prefer the uplifting mix, as played by Armin on ASOT 399 ;)

huge tune, tough ;)

Gullie
16-04-09, 05:58 PM
When is this crazy album coming out?????????? Goddamn!!!

stefan1983
17-04-09, 08:38 AM

huge tune, tough ;)

okay, after hearing the GDJB from last week and the uplifting version from last night at ASOT 400 in Wuppertal, GER
I have to admit, that the Original Version, is the best!! :)

deamon
21-04-09, 03:03 PM
Chinook available on beatport now! :)
Both mixes original and upliftina are amazing \o/

TouchingVirus
21-04-09, 03:10 PM
Chinook available on beatport now! :)
Both mixes original and upliftina are amazing \o/

LOVE IT!

csupor
21-04-09, 03:53 PM
Chinook has released! yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaa! :lol: I've listened it 3 or 4 times since I've dowloaded it! LOL 8-) I WANT THE ALBUM!! :D
I prefer the Original version because that one is the nearest approach to the Dakota-sound, I think...IMO :D
Markus is a real, qualitative producer. Hope that one day we will see him at the 1st position! :)

Rick Valentine
04-05-09, 02:29 PM
Been supporting the original & afterhours mix !!!!

Serious Danger
07-05-09, 12:56 AM

huge tune, tough ;)

okay, after hearing the GDJB from last week and the uplifting version from last night at ASOT 400 in Wuppertal, GER
I have to admit, that the Original Version, is the best!! :)

X2 on that. The original is SICK!!!!! I luv that version.

Daniel Craft
09-05-09, 05:36 PM
Dakota - Progression from Amsterdam 08 is brilliant track. :)
Does anybody know it will be released on album?

james
10-05-09, 12:53 AM
I don't think the earlier Dakota tracks are going to be on the album.

I believe the oldest ones appearing on it will be The Doorway and Day Off In Lima.

Don't really know obviously...but I don't think we'll be seeing Progression, Amsterdam or Hypnotic on Thoughts Become Things.

Stev.
11-05-09, 06:45 AM
I'm sooooo anxious for this album to drop!!! So far my favorite Dakota track is A Day Off In Lima... Absolutely amazing sounds! :arrow:

james
16-05-09, 01:34 AM
Has he said anything about when Thoughts Become Things will be released?

Alex
16-05-09, 08:09 AM
Dakota's album Thoughts Become Things is will be released at 29th July(date by 4djshop). I really waiting for this :D

Wojtus
24-05-09, 08:46 AM
How much tracks?

Suceed
24-05-09, 10:40 AM
How much tracks?
So far no tracklist avalible. But for sure:
- Sin City
- Koolhause
- Day Of In Lima
- Chinook
- Johnny The Fox

and usually artist album has got about 12 tracks

TouchingVirus
27-05-09, 04:53 PM
How much tracks?
So far no tracklist avalible. But for sure:
- Sin City
- Koolhause
- Day Of In Lima
- Chinook
- Johnny The Fox

and usually artist album has got about 12 tracks

Don't forget The Doorway ...and Roxy 84 too :)

Wojtus
28-05-09, 01:31 PM
More,more progressive underground tracks :)

KawarshinovitcH
17-07-09, 01:18 AM
brilliant Markus :)
i love the new prod. of Dakota
very remarkable
i wish him all the success & always please out thirst to progression
cheerz 8-)

Dexx
06-11-09, 08:04 AM
I heard two versions of track Lima. I think that one is "Lima" and second is "Day off in Lima". Is it true, that Lima is on Thoughts Become Things album but Day off in Lima wasn't released?

MrE
07-11-09, 12:42 PM
I heard two versions of track Lima. I think that one is "Lima" and second is "Day off in Lima". Is it true, that Lima is on Thoughts Become Things album but Day off in Lima wasn't released?
Yeah, the horn sample from 'Day Off in Lima' couldn't be cleared so it was removed & the altered track was renamed 'Lima' for release.

Ayden
10-11-10, 10:47 PM
We should bump this up since Markus is working on his new Dakota album :) Keep track on his Dakota related posts.

Rainy, Cloudy day in Berlin. Perfect for starting on a techno influenced Dakota track. 6:23 AM Nov 8th via TweetDeck

CarlosSR
11-11-10, 12:34 AM
And don't forget, he did mention in chat that he will be playing a lot of Dakota tracks at Space on Dec. 11th.

Any word on ticket pre-sale for that date?

amberella06
11-11-10, 03:21 AM
And don't forget, he did mention in chat that he will be playing a lot of Dakota tracks at Space on Dec. 11th.

Any word on ticket pre-sale for that date?

no clue yet---hope to know soon as we're a month out now.

james
11-11-10, 04:25 PM
I hope one of the new Dakota tracks is named "End Boss" or something like that. :)

SergioS
11-11-10, 05:22 PM
he will be playing a lot of Dakota tracks at Space on Dec. 11th.

This is true, he mentioned it to me in Denver. There's a chance I may be able to make it to MIA. Can't wait!

Waffles
19-11-10, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone! new to the forums :) Here's the link for pre sales for Markus @ Space.
http://www.wantickets.com/affiliates/Ev ... _id=139524 (http://www.wantickets.com/affiliates/EventDetail.aspx?id=110&e_id=139524)
Hoping to meet new ppl there!