PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz @ Ruby Skye, San Francisco - Jan 1, 2009

2tall
03-01-09, 08:29 AM
Best set I've ever heard from Markus live... and he was telling the promoters it was his best ever in San Francisco.

My photos from the night here:
http://kng.dm/pics/2009_01_01_spundae_torq_day_one_markus_schulz_ruby _skye
http://kng.dm/pics/2009_01_01_spundae_torq_day_one_markus_schulz_ruby _skye/collage.jpg

jmchauvel
04-01-09, 05:43 PM
Best set I've ever heard from Markus live... and he was telling the promoters it was his best ever in San Francisco.

Thanks for sharing ! Great collection of photos. And, as always, Markus is very accessible to his fans.

I loved it : :D

TouchingVirus
04-01-09, 06:43 PM
I wonder if it was recorded, I could listen to a set Markus describes as his best ever in San Francisco :P

Great pics, that club is so open I realllly like the look of it!

2tall
04-01-09, 09:13 PM
unfortunately wasn't recorded :(

DaveT
11-01-09, 07:27 PM
I think his comment is being taken a bit out of context.

Markus' set at Ruby certainly wasn't one of his best ever musically. (I would say his set in 2003 was when he played at a small bar/lounge, followed by his Feb 2008 set. His Sept 2008 GDJB set wasn't even as good as hi Feb 2008 set.), but one of his most powerful and def one of his funnest. It was a 18+ night, and the younger the crowd the harder they tend to like it. It was a crazy, enthusiastic crowd who were eating him up and Markus was loving it and feeding off of it.

That's what I think Markus saying. It was just an insane night all around.

Markus looked dead tired to me, and thought his early start (11:30) might mean he would be playing a shorter set. They even had a closer lined up for him. But the crowd kept him going and he ended up playing for four hours...and I ams ure he woulda kept going if he wasn't stopped (he actually asked how long can he play for shortly before he was stopped)....but it was such a great night, EVERYONE was exhausted (but the music kept everyone going), the floor was still full and jumpin....just wanted everything end on a high note for everyone, so after he played for four hours, we called it a night!

DaveT _at_ Spundae.com

ryanthurlow
21-01-09, 04:37 AM
Sure looks like Ruby Skye has a more intimate feeling than Vanguard. We gotta make it up there soon

TouchingVirus
21-01-09, 10:42 AM
I think his comment is being taken a bit out of context.

Markus' set at Ruby certainly wasn't one of his best ever musically. (I would say his set in 2003 was when he played at a small bar/lounge, followed by his Feb 2008 set. His Sept 2008 GDJB set wasn't even as good as hi Feb 2008 set.), but one of his most powerful and def one of his funnest. It was a 18+ night, and the younger the crowd the harder they tend to like it. It was a crazy, enthusiastic crowd who were eating him up and Markus was loving it and feeding off of it.

That's what I think Markus saying. It was just an insane night all around.

Markus looked dead tired to me, and thought his early start (11:30) might mean he would be playing a shorter set. They even had a closer lined up for him. But the crowd kept him going and he ended up playing for four hours...and I ams ure he woulda kept going if he wasn't stopped (he actually asked how long can he play for shortly before he was stopped)....but it was such a great night, EVERYONE was exhausted (but the music kept everyone going), the floor was still full and jumpin....just wanted everything end on a high note for everyone, so after he played for four hours, we called it a night!

DaveT _at_ Spundae.com

Hey DaveT, welcome to the forums! Your comments do nothing but fuel my interest in the set :lol: :lol: Great to hear everybody had a great night, fans, promoters and of course Markus himself.