PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz @ Future Music Festival, Australia 2009

Vinyl
26-11-08, 10:04 AM
It looks like Markus will be doing the Future Music Festival in Australia for the second year in a row!

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/40608/Future_Music_Festival_2009_is_here

I must say, after the atrocity that happened with Markus' set last year at the Sydney festival (no thanks to sublime and their crappy stage/sound setup), I didn't think Markus would be that quick to return to Australia! I really hope that they don't F**K it up for him again!!! Turn it up REAL LOUD Mr Schulz :P

Full Lineup:

N*E*R*D feat. Pharrell Williams (live)
Basement Jaxx (live)
CSS (live)
Paul Oakenfold
Markus Schulz
Etienne De Crecy (live)
Steve Angello
Sebastian Ingrosso
Joachim Garraud
Christopher Lawrence
Tocadisco
Mr Oizo
Lifelike
Yacht (live)
Super 8 & Tab
Silent Disco Arena

kriggy
02-12-08, 04:48 AM
Will there be any chance of a Sydney sideshow?
(or just wishful thinking?)

Vinyl
16-12-08, 12:15 AM
I'd say there would be a very good chance of a Sydney sideshow. I have heard that Home has fixed their sound issues they were having earlier this year so hopefully he can get a Friday night gig there.

TouchingVirus
21-12-08, 11:47 PM
Love the way it says (live) beside a few of the acts there, as if to imply that Markus is coming to them over a TV relay or something :lol: :lol:

Zéé
28-12-08, 05:33 PM
Wish i would be there. My dremcountry is Downunder and a to be there on a Markus gig. Maybe oneday in the future.
Wish you a good party there!

Vinyl
03-01-09, 08:56 AM
Love the way it says (live) beside a few of the acts there, as if to imply that Markus is coming to them over a TV relay or something :lol: :lol:

Yeah LOL!

I don't think the live sets are typical dj sets (cdj's/mixers etc etc), they actually are playing their productions as if they are recording them in a studio? Not really 100% sure on this concept myself, maybe someone else on here with a bit more knowledge might be able to shed some light.

Anyway we got our tickets to the Sydney and Brisbane festivals so roll on Feb/March! Markus was so popular in Brisbane that there was a whole thread dedicated to his set on inthemix. If Markus doesn't have a sideshow in Sydney then we are all going to consider Melbourne as well.

TouchingVirus
04-01-09, 06:56 PM
I don't think the live sets are typical dj sets (cdj's/mixers etc etc), they actually are playing their productions as if they are recording them in a studio? Not really 100% sure on this concept myself, maybe someone else on here with a bit more knowledge might be able to shed some light.

Anyway we got our tickets to the Sydney and Brisbane festivals so roll on Feb/March! Markus was so popular in Brisbane that there was a whole thread dedicated to his set on inthemix. If Markus doesn't have a sideshow in Sydney then we are all going to consider Melbourne as well.

Yeah, I'm curious as to the meaning of the (live) too! I just saw the dates and stuff for this event on last.fm, have to say I'm impressed, sounds like you'll definitely be getting to hear some Coldharbour sounds in March :D

I wonder if there is a side-gig will it be a World Tour - World Tour Sydney would be awesome :D

Vinyl
05-01-09, 08:15 AM

Yeah, I'm curious as to the meaning of the (live) too! I just saw the dates and stuff for this event on last.fm, have to say I'm impressed, sounds like you'll definitely be getting to hear some Coldharbour sounds in March :D

I wonder if there is a side-gig will it be a World Tour - World Tour Sydney would be awesome :D

Was hoping for that last year... but Paris got it 8-) . Hopefully this year!!! Fingers crossed. ;)

GraGra
11-01-09, 01:37 PM
Hello all! New poster here. :o)

I will be attending the Sydney FMF and sideshow, if we are lucky enough to get one. Future came out and said on the Inthemix forums that there will be no sideshows. Say it isn't so!

I will most probably do Melbourne and/or Perth if possible, especially since I am relocating from Perth to Sydney.

Vinyl - Where did you get that tee shirt? I assume that's you pictured in your avatar? :oops:

Speaking of Inthemix, I post there as Noticeably F A T. :o)

Vinyl
12-01-09, 09:20 AM
Hello all! New poster here. :o)

I will be attending the Sydney FMF and sideshow, if we are lucky enough to get one. Future came out and said on the Inthemix forums that there will be no sideshows. Say it isn't so!

I will most probably do Melbourne and/or Perth if possible, especially since I am relocating from Perth to Sydney.

Vinyl - Where did you get that tee shirt? I assume that's you pictured in your avatar? :oops:

Speaking of Inthemix, I post there as Noticeably F A T. :o)

Hey there! Welcome :)

I picked up the shirt from www.cafepress.com (http://www.cafepress.com). I'm not sure if the "Markus Schulz" logo is on there any more (i just did a search and it came up empty), i can only see the GDJB section:

http://www.cafepress.com/gdjb

Vinyl
27-01-09, 10:47 PM
Have to cancel going to Brisbane :( Personal reasons. Was really looking forward to that gig and meeting up with friends north of the border. Dammit.

Oh well still have the Sydney show! Hope the festival organisers do a better job this year.

Vinyl
19-02-09, 10:24 AM
For anyone going to the Brisbane festival, the set times have been released and it looks like Markus will be playing a 3 hour set and closing the 'Ten Pound Crew' Stage from 7-10pm.

Full set times here (on page 19):
http://www.scenemagazine.com.au/read/index.html

Vinyl
21-02-09, 10:05 AM
Markus is closing one of the stages Sydney's festival as well! 3 hour set from 7-10. Only problem is its the sublime stage :( Please for the love of god be a better setup this time. If it looks anything remotely close to last years I will be p!$$ed off.

Vinyl
28-02-09, 03:25 AM
Australia get excited.... Markus is in town! Little under 6 hours to go!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vinyl
01-03-09, 08:25 AM
Markus Schulz @ Future Music Festival, Sydney 2009-02-28

Ok i’ve finally been able to regain some energy and can now put together a review of yesterday’s future music festival in Sydney. Firstly I have to say that the overall setup of this years was a HUGE improvement over last years, especially the sublime stage where Markus’ set was. The stage, sound, lighting and atmosphere in general set the scene for what was going to be a fantastic night.
Before talking about Markus’ set, a bit of a funny story. A friend and I went halves in a Australian Socceroos jersey to give to Markus. We had it customised with SCHULZ on the back as well as the number 1, just to show our appreciation for the music that Markus has been dishing out lately as well as returning to Australia so quickly:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/11/625392/n885505180_6084134_4334763.jpg

At the start of the set, my friend hurled the jersey to Markus as he arrived behind the decks. The funny thing was that he naturally assumed that we wanted him to sign it and return it to us. As he signed it and went to throw it back, we were all screaming “NO NO NO FOR YOU FOR YOU” hahaha. So he now is the owner of a Australian jersey with his name on it and signed by himself LOL Anyway to the set.

The Sydney crowd was pumped and immediately as Markus appeared back of the stage, the whole front rail line went ballistic. I didn’t actually take my camera to this event, purely for the reason that I wanted to enjoy it without having to worry about taking Vid’s and pics. My friends did take quite a few though so as they come to hand I will post them up in the Photo’s and Videos section in this thread. There are also some videos taken by a few people from inthemix with some ID's if anyone can help out:

http://www.markusschulz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=549

Here are some of the tracks from the 3 hour set (not in order):

U2 - New Years Day (Intro)
Sunlounger Featuring Zara - Lost (Club Mix)
Rene Rodriguez - Hey What's Up (Barnes & Heathcliff Remix)
Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Joint Operations Centre Remix)
Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
Dakota - Sin City
Markus Schulz Featuring Dauby - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
Gareth Emery vs. Delerium – This Is Silence (Black Army Mashup)
Mr. Pit vs. Above & Beyond - Shana Can't Sleep (Black Army Mashup)
Lange & Gareth Emery vs. Signalrunners - Another Aria, Another Epica (Markus Schulz Mashup)
Synergy - Hello Strings (Danilo Ercole Remix)
Nic Chagall – What You Need (Marco V Remix)
Blackfeel Wite - First Night (Moonbeam Remix?)
Markus Schulz vs. Andy Moor – Daydream (Ronski Speed Remix)
Ferry Corsten - Brain Box
Eurythmics vs. Ronski Speed - Space Dreams (Markus Schulz Mashup Dub)
Art Of Trance - Madagascar (Richard Durand remix)
Skytech - Cardboard Box
Jochen Miller - Lost Connection
Ernesto vs Bastian - Laser Brain
Wippenberg vs. Marc Vision - Chakalaka's Time Gate (Markus Schulz Mashup)
Markus Schulz – The New World (Original Mix)
Rex Mundi vs. Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space (Markus Schulz Mashup)
Sia - Buttons (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Dub)

The tracks below are possibilities, because although I have listened to the tracks a few times, I wasn’t able to confirm them on the spot. I will go through my friends videos to see if my hunch’s were correct. I guess this is the only problem with not having your own camera LOL you can’t watch them back the next day and confirm that they were played without having had a few drinks beforehand :P:

Rafaël Frost – Red
Chance Jumpers - Korona (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
R.E.N.O.I.S.E – Dead Wishes
Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)

Anyway....WOW what a night. I’m not a big fan of the sweet dreams mashup but that really went down well with the Sydney crowd so each to their own I guess. Also it was a shame that Elevations remix of Phoria didn’t get played because I think that would’ve tore the roof of the place as well as Biscayne. Hopefully next week in Melbourne when Markus has 4 hours to play with. However it was truly an amazing night. Perspective space made another appearance and sent the crowd nuts. The biggest highlight for me was hearing the difference between the time ‘Perfect’ was played last year compared to this year. Last year you could only hear a handful singing along, this year it was like the half of the room was in tune and loving every second of it. So great to hear!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve had a quick look through the inthemix forums and here is what some people had to say about Markus’ set:

“Markus Schulz killed it”

“He played perspective space?
Jesus... if the cube clashes with schulz in brisbane... sorry cube, you are teh lose”

Dont forget "the new world", love that song, crowd went pretty spastic when he droped it!

Markus Schulz.

F**k.Me.Dead

I did not leave the arena for one bit, I was up the front for basically the whole time.

That has to be one of the best sets Ive witnessed, kept the crowd involved for the whole time, played a great mash of his own tracks, other popular tracks and mash ups. Lol at the hot blonde who was wearing the sombrero. I was so glad he played perfect, got right up the front for it.

From Memory he played
- Lost
- Perfect
- Daydream
- Lost Connection
- They always come back ----] Fairly sure this got played
- Full Tiltin
- Chakalaka
- New World
- Brain Box ----] Wasn't expecting this to be played at all, awesome track though
- Silence
- Shana Cant Sleep
- Sweet Dreams
- Space Perspective ( Basically gizzed myself when he played this)
- Buttons ---------] Pretty decent track to close with

Oh yeah and can anyone ID the track before Lost Connection, it sounded like an electric guitar, was one of the tracks of the night for me

Christopher Lawrence was then getting me in the mood, pumping it out and raising my level of excitement, setting me up for what was a brilliant set by Markus Schulz. I now know that trance is the one for me and i don't need to be 'munted' to enjoy it

Schulz saved the day for me. What a great set!

So the set ended and because it was the last set of the night Markus had some time to take a walk along the front row, have some photo’s and sign some autographs which is a big reason why he is number 1 in my books. I managed to have a photo with him as did my friends and had a quick chat about the upcoming gig in Melbourne for the world tour episode of Global DJ Broadcast which you could tell were both as excited for.

BRING ON MELBOURNE!!!!
Markus is going to have a tough time trying to outdo his performance tonight, but with an extra hour and a more intimate environment such as QBH, I have no doubts he will.

donkeydrop
01-03-09, 02:45 PM
Blackfeel Wite - First Night (Moonbeam??? Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveQKPNHD88

Vinyl
01-03-09, 03:29 PM

Welcome aboard mate :) Another Sydney-sider on MS.COM!

DGNR8
08-03-09, 11:30 AM
Marcus played an awesome set in Perth. I just wish we could get a club gig from Marcus. Anyone know the ID of the first track of the first video?

Future Music Festival
Australia - Perth - Wellington Square
2009-03-01

[youtube:1jsyu7fr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UkMiANBJ8[/youtube:1jsyu7fr]
01. ID
02. Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin [Joint Operations Centre Remix]
03. Wippenberg vs Marc Vision - Chakalaka's Time Gate
04. Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
05. Markus Schulz ft. Dauby - Perfect
06. Jochen Miller - Lost Connection
07. Nic Chagall - What You Need [Marco V Remix]

[youtube:1jsyu7fr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcyWEDfyiw[/youtube:1jsyu7fr]
01. Dance 2 Trance - Power Of American Natives
02. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box
03. Dakota - Sin City
04. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
05. Rex Mundi vs Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space [Markus Schulz Mashup]
06. Nalin & Kane - Beachball
07. Markus Schulz ft. Andy Moor - Daydream
08. Markus Schulz - The New World
09. Art Of Trance - Madagascar [Richard Durand Remix]

TouchingVirus
08-03-09, 07:03 PM

Not the moonbeam remix, it's an ID remix..just like the one he played in the Ministry of Sound last February

Vinyl
09-03-09, 10:54 AM
Anyone know the ID of the first track of the first video?

Nice VIDS there mate! Unfortunately the first track in unknown at the moment. I am DYING to know this ID. Markus dropped it last night at the FMF afterparty in Melbourne. I am thinking it will be unveiled this week for GDJB world tour airing (Friday morning our time, believe it's 4AM)

Vinyl
09-03-09, 11:56 AM
During my set, there were a couple of guys who handed me an Australian soccerroos jersey, with my name on the back of it. I thought they just wanted me to sign it to give back to them, but it turned out that they bought it specifically for me! A lovely little memento to take home with me from my Australian trip. Thank you to the guys who went to the trouble of doing that. As you can see from the picture above, a fresh and clean t-shirt was just what was needed by the end of the night.

You're welcome mate! hehe

JaymzPhoenix
14-03-09, 03:14 AM
Hey!!

It's almost been a week since Markus was in Adelaide for the Future Music Festival.

I had to gather all my thoughts before I posted on here.

Although there were many artists at FMF I was really only going to see Markus. It was money very well spent. The set blew my mind, Markus played tunes that I never thought I would hear Live. Songs such as U2 New Years Day Intro, and Eurythmics Sweet Dreams Remix which I have seen him play out but was never expecting it.

I have about 10 videos on my phone which I might upload at a later stage. I just wish to thank Markus for playing a Wonderful set that I and I'm sure a lot of others will never forget. Adelaide will grow to Love Markus as was shown by the crowd difference between 08 and 09. I don't know if Markus could see but there were people in the trees try to catch a glimpse.

Thank you Markus for coming down off stage once again. Yes we were dirty from all the dust, as you could probably tell when you signed our Coldharbour Shirts. Congrats on finding your Adidas 10s. I'm guessing you went to Harbourtown or something similar haha.

I hope Australia was very nice to you. Can't wait for you to come back and visit.

Love from Adelaide
Jaymz