PDA

View Full Version : Deadmau5 disses DJ's

Vinyl
04-11-08, 10:16 AM
From http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/40291/Deadmau5_calls_DJs_fcking_cnts

Canadian production prodigy Deadmau5 has a reputation for rubbing people up the wrong way, and he’s done himself no favours whatsoever with his latest outburst which is likely to alienate even more fans of his music.

Speaking with Ireland’s Daily Star ahead of shows he played there last month, Deadmau5 (aka Joel Zimmerman) took DJs to task. “They’re f**king c**ts,” he ranted. “I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together.”

Deadmau5 is in the midst of a world tour to promote the release of his debut LP, Random Album Title, which sees him playing live shows with his famous Mau5head stage costume. The tour will visit Australia early in 2009 as part of the Good Vibrations Festival, and it’s got a lot of dance fans quite excited.

It’s both ironic and amusing that Deadmau5 holds such disdain for the very people who’ve made him a cult star in the dance scene, with DJs worldwide having voted him #1 in five categories at this year’s Beatport Music Awards. Just last week he was also ranked at #11 on the DJ Mag Top 100.

“[DJs are] my number one customer, right, so I’m not gonna go diss every f**king DJ,” he rationalised. “But to say you become this massive… performer by playing other people’s productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

It's a shame, I really thought highly of him both as a producer and person (saw one of his sets in Sydney a while ago). Not sure what his motivation is for saying this :? :? :?

maria111
04-11-08, 04:49 PM
to be honest i never liked him as a dj either as a producer..

I just think he has become a super star just because everyone is talking about how he appears on stage and etc

I guess this is another name who came and who will pass from the scene just like that :roll:

TouchingVirus
04-11-08, 05:23 PM
Darren told me he said that, I don't read the Daily Star over here so I missed it. Completely out of order, there is more to DJ'ing that crossfading..

Hayley
04-11-08, 06:14 PM
The guy is a complete dickhead!

Kill the Mau5!! :twisted:

BZRK
04-11-08, 07:28 PM
What an ass :? He should stop DJing himself then, or at least try it without using Ableton's (or whatever software he is using) help.

clickity
05-11-08, 08:46 AM
In my opinion, it doesn't really matter what he says. It's a little ironic how much disdain Deadmau5 has for every other DJ with himself being one. If Markus Schulz, for example, knows Armin van Buuren, Arnej, Blake Jarrell and any other artist on Armada or Cold Harbour are playing a track by Deadmau5 that is tearing up the dance floor, why wouldn't Markus Schulz play it? As long as there's demand for his tracks, they will get playtime across the globe.

Lastly, I just think Deadmau5 was trying to make a connection between the creative influence necessary to create a track from scratch, versus simply playing several tracks in a row that sound similar.

What I think Deadmau5 lost sight of is that his inspiration for becoming a DJ/producer probably came from something he heard. The creative influence that is "Deadmau5" is nothing more an interpretation what's around.

maria111
08-11-08, 09:19 PM
is there any possible to saything all these things just to keep the attention on him?the fact is that everyone is talking about him form djs to producers and to forum members and trance fans all over the web and what he is doing?... replying with a very rude - my opinion way... :?

i guess there is a chance him to be a weirdo or something? :roll: