PDA

View Full Version : Technics RP DH-1200

solarvision
03-08-12, 02:03 PM
I'm interested in buying the Technics RP DH-1200 headphones (the ones Markus uses) but I'm still a bit unsure about them. I'll use them for normal listening, home DJing, and club DJing in the near future I hope. Do you recommend them? (especially in comfort terms). I've been using the Sennheiser HD 205 for a year and a half, and I feel them tight on my ears and quite hot in Summer after 2.5 hours or so (especially on Thursdays - GDJB and ASOT at one go), but they have great sound. Other than that, I was also looking at the older RP DJ-1200's, which are older but a bit cheaper. I would greatly prefer if I get one of these two models as I've been digging on them for the past few weeks. Thanks for your opinions :)

Fede Big Room
03-08-12, 06:42 PM
I own the RpDj, and I love them. Very confortable headphones. Can play looong sets without any problems. Great sound for mixing (Imagine that i never use them with max volume)
RpDh are heavier (not thaaat much), but they sound a little bit higher and deeper. Bigger speakers (than rpdj) in each side. I've read that they are meant for studio producing.
IMO, i've played with both and i didn't feel a big difference in sound quality.

solarvision
03-08-12, 06:44 PM
Thanks for your input!

buraksbt
03-08-12, 08:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Technics-PAN-RP-DH1200-DJ-HEADPHONES/dp/B0002EXJPM

it's not much more expensive than the older ones, a big sale, it is just for this month I think :)

solarvision
03-08-12, 08:55 PM
However that does not ship to Malta :(

Fede Big Room
04-08-12, 02:03 AM
BTW, be careful where you buy your headphones, 'cause there are A LOT of chineese imitations of poor quality going around.

Kjuna
04-08-12, 08:35 AM
Well, been using them for 2 years. Here are some tips for you, hopefully useful:

1. First of all - they are heavy. Really. You have to get used to it. But this has advantages - they sit perfectly on your head.
2. Sound image has a shift to low frequerences. Sometimes it is good sometimes it is bad.
3. Cord is detachable and that is cool.
4. Style without a doubt is perfect.
5. But there is a thing: they are fragile in a place of the joints where cups are connected with headband. After a year of usage (home listening & DJing) one of them broke mainly because I got used to monitor by right ear.

Now I have Sennheiser HD25 CII. They have its pros & cons. Would be glad to answer any your questions concerning these two.

solarvision
04-08-12, 09:37 AM
Well I find myself more accurate when monitoring with two sides. I may also take off one side when someone needs to talk to me at home. I also read that they are built to last and some have been using them 5+ years. I can get a pair of VERY slightly used ones for about 105eur, belonging to someone who bought them and didn't like them. I'm tempted haha

solarvision
04-08-12, 10:45 AM
BTW, be careful where you buy your headphones, 'cause there are A LOT of chineese imitations of poor quality going around.

I didn't find any info on the Internet regarding imitations on these, you mainly find about the Sony V700's.

solarvision
04-08-12, 11:39 AM
Seller assured me they're 100% genuine and made in Japan not China.