PDA

View Full Version : Markus 'rabbit hole' world tour request..

modthispny
06-03-12, 07:32 AM
i've been lucky enough to witness quite a few extended markus sets, and even though some of them have been world tours..we never get to relive peak-time rabbit hole style.

we did get a glimpse during his final hour on the la 12 release party that aired on xm radio, but that was more a final hour afterhour style compared to peak-time rabbit hole that is just dirty and funky.

would be nice if markus were to showcase at least 1 hour of rabbit-hole in an upcoming world tour, what do you guys think?

i'm going through videos from the la 12 release parties and he played songs were familiar with, but the edits are amazing and give in an eeery vibe.

peenie
06-03-12, 01:19 PM
it would be nice if he would do it - my last extended was Prague11 :(

tina
06-03-12, 05:23 PM
yep, i've been saying this all the time...not to start the whole "every world tour set sounds the same", but they do, so it would be really awesome and refreshing if markus would play a world tour set filled with songs out of his "rabbit hole" instead of the the same tracks that we hear all the time during his world tour sets...so yeah, lets make it happen and get him to play a songs from his rabbit hole portion of the set during the next world tour!!!!!!

CarlosSR
06-03-12, 06:46 PM
Count me in! I've been very spoiled now that Markus is showing a lot of love for Miami since his Space set back in December of 2010, and having been to all of his Space gigs, there's a sound that never really reaches the WT episodes that I feel most don't hear and hence Markus gets criticism (But that's another topic for another time.)

modthispny
06-03-12, 07:38 PM
glad im not the only one.

the space set would be great for april then again he just did space 2 months ago so we'll see.

tina
07-03-12, 04:35 PM
so how do we actually make this happen instead of just talking about it????

modthispny
08-03-12, 12:51 AM
Markus reads these forums so I'm sure he will see it and hopefully do it. :)

tina
28-03-12, 07:52 PM
it's getting close to that time when another world tour set is among us...will markus surprise us with a rabbit hole set??? will he???

modthispny
28-03-12, 10:48 PM
well there was definitely a lot of rabbit hole worthy music this past week at space so who knows :)

tina
29-03-12, 03:26 AM
well there was definitely a lot of rabbit hole worthy music this past week at space so who knows :)

that is all i keep reading about from people's tweets...i want to hear those magical sounds coming from the rabbit hole!!!!!!!!!

Kabra
29-03-12, 07:08 AM
That would be something fresh :D

Sivro
29-03-12, 08:14 PM
Rabbit Hole World Tour would definitely be appreciated!!! I feel like he probably has a lot of exclusive stuff that goes on during those times though, so I'm not sure if he'd want to broadcast it...But if possible, I'm on board for this idea! I've been to my first two Markus Schulz extended sets so far this year and I cannot wait for my third, the Rabbit Hole hour is definitely my favorite part, especially during LA12! :O

modthispny
30-03-12, 12:08 AM
well he said next weeks world tour is from space so hopefully it will be the latter parts of the set. :)

CarlosSR
30-03-12, 03:04 AM
Is it the Solo set that's going to be broadcasted, or the Closing Party?

modthispny
30-03-12, 05:24 AM
Is it the Solo set that's going to be broadcasted, or the Closing Party?

i THINK the solo set.

caesarinho
30-03-12, 01:05 PM
Than if it's solo set we should expect some rabbit hole. :)

SergioS
05-04-12, 05:24 PM
modthispny, looks like Markus has listened to your request on today's GDJB. Very progressive and afterhour-ish.

jdub889
06-04-12, 04:25 AM
modthispny, looks like Markus has listened to your request on today's GDJB. Very progressive and afterhour-ish.

looks like markus still has love for the forums ;)

modthispny
06-04-12, 05:53 AM
haha ya.

absolutely incredible world tour episode.

caesarinho
06-04-12, 01:52 PM
looks like markus still has love for the forums ;)

He didnt visit them since his complaints, he said it on Facebook.

CarlosSR
06-04-12, 05:32 PM
Markus will probably drop by some time in the future.

And yeah, the WT was bad ass, how nice of Markus, it def had a different sound to it, congrats sir!

jdub889
06-04-12, 07:39 PM
He didnt visit them since his complaints, he said it on Facebook.

you don't think so? maybe he meant he's just not posting. i can't see how this thread didn't have some impact on how he cut the WT episode.

caesarinho
06-04-12, 07:47 PM
Maybe its just his trick. :p

jambo
10-04-12, 03:18 AM
The Miami WT episode was brilliant!

I'd love another extended set from Ibiza or Space in Miami, like we got in 2009 and 2010. 6-7 hours long, all the way from the deep, dark start to the classics at the end!

CarlosSR
10-04-12, 12:37 PM
/\+1 My favorite was the last time I saw Markus last year, he closed back to back with two my favorites

WYN (MS Afterhours Mix) into Breathing (Coldharbour Remix).

A perfect way to end an epic 7 hour journey.

edmundpw
14-06-12, 03:03 AM
OK - at the risk of sounding like an idiot ...... can someone explain to me what "rabbit hole" music is and why it's called that? I'm sure I listen to it and love it, but haven't ever had it explained to me!

peenie
14-06-12, 07:01 AM
OK - at the risk of sounding like an idiot ...... can someone explain to me what "rabbit hole" music is and why it's called that? I'm sure I listen to it and love it, but haven't ever had it explained to me!

dark melo progressiv or techno - thats rabbit hole
when markus is starting his set deep like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1darvmDQYo