PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz #9 on the DJ Mag Top 100 for 2011

TigerClaw
21-10-11, 12:45 AM
the results are out and Markus Schulz makes it to the #9 spot on the DJ Mag Top 100 for 2011, David Guetta takes the #1 Spot leaving Armin van Buuren at #2.
http://www.top100djs.com/top100

caesarinho
21-10-11, 01:00 AM
Its official: http://www.top100djs.com/top100.

Thats big disappointment to me, I really hoped that Markus will climb up a bit. Still, in OUR world he will always be #1.

Fede Big Room
21-10-11, 01:11 AM
Horrible ranking in general. I don't care Markus's position. The mainstream nowadays is shitty house music, and it's reflected in the rank.
Now, what it surprises me is that progressive music is DEAD. Worldwide exponents like Sasha, Cattaneo, Digweed...all of them 50+. Curious.
But well, 600.000 votes all around the world must not be taken as the world's EDM voice. Guetta has 2.5kk followers in twitter.... you know what i mean.

modthispny
21-10-11, 01:13 AM
even though Markus is #9, considering the mainstream DJ's he's against, not bad for the unicorn slayer. He's also very consistent in the top 10, Gareth Emery was there for 1 year same as Sander van Doorn.

Dash Berlin #8 is a joke but he does have a huge following.

Very surprised about Sander van Doorn, each year i feel he's gaining more popularity yet he drops.

caesarinho
21-10-11, 01:16 AM
Yeah I also feel sorry for Sander, he is my favourite DJ and producer after Markus.

CarlosSR
21-10-11, 01:39 AM
Well this is it, EDM has gone mainstream.

From here on out, trance will reinvent itself. It's just a matter of time before the newest flavor of the week takes hold. Let's see how long this lasts.

ohcrapitsnico
21-10-11, 01:44 AM
I sincerely hope this news isn't disheartening to Markus, this poll is really a farce. I think if anything Markus has improved especially considering that Coldharbour has seriously improved this year imo with less fluffy vocal releases and more club bangers and dark trancers.

That said I think Markus has done very well on this poll in the face of all the electro and house on the upswing this year especially, I was actually concerned Markus would fall out of the top 10 because of this.

modthispny
21-10-11, 01:54 AM
I sincerely hope this news isn't disheartening to Markus, this poll is really a farce. I think if anything Markus has improved especially considering that Coldharbour has seriously improved this year imo with less fluffy vocal releases and more club bangers and dark trancers.

That said I think Markus has done very well on this poll in the face of all the electro and house on the upswing this year especially, I was actually concerned Markus would fall out of the top 10 because of this.

yep.

it's actually really good considering the majority of dj's in the top 10 are mainstream.

t3k
21-10-11, 02:17 AM
Guetta I can understand. Armin, Tiesto, Deadmau5, A&B and Markus I can understand. I'm very surprised to see Avicii, Afrojack and Dash in the Top 10 though. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure everyone will agree that Markus has done an amazing job in the last year. With Prague, Thoughts Become Things II and Coldharbour releasing a new EP almost every week, it's obvious Markus (and the Coldharbour team) has been putting in ridiculous amounts of work. He's stayed true to his sound and kept all of us fans happy. If that's what gets him a #9 position, so be it. I'm happy with your work Markus. Keep it up!

Neruda
21-10-11, 03:19 AM
After all, and besides the value of this poll, Markus at 9th position is really amazing. This was the worst year of trance in terms of ranking (Just look the top 20) and markus still in the top 10.

Markus seems happy with this poll and the result, so kudos and congrats to him!

Daydreamer
21-10-11, 04:01 AM
I have no words for this...

2012 might be not the end of the world, but definitely the end of trance.

Markus_Addict23
21-10-11, 04:03 AM
It's all good. we all know who the real number one is. congrats on top 10 again Markus.

topereq
21-10-11, 07:06 AM
i lol'd when i saw Dash Berlin @ 8.
anyway congrats Markus ! u r no1 for me! :)

DoMarcikar
21-10-11, 07:19 AM
Just came here today, couldn't wait for the results. To be honest number 9 is a great place, but I expected him to climb up a little bit this year. Well done, anyway.

Evening Twilight
21-10-11, 08:11 AM
As I said before, #9 is great success! Congratz!

barto
21-10-11, 08:31 AM
Markus is still in Top of 10, so we have the reason to celebrate!
Concgartulations Markus.

Ayden
21-10-11, 09:48 AM
Guetta's facebook vote application won him the first place. Still I'm glad Markus is in the top 10!
I'm visiting Markus on November 18th and I'm gonna tell him that he's the freaking number 1!

caesarinho
21-10-11, 01:05 PM
Guetta's facebook vote application won him the first place. Still I'm glad Markus is in the top 10!
I'm visiting Markus on November 18th and I'm gonna tell him that he's the freaking number 1!

Hey I'm also going on 18th, can you tell me why Yalta didnt update their site? Party is 100% sure?

Markus, Armin, A&B and even Dash Berlin are last trance line of defence against pop-house plague.

michal dybek
21-10-11, 02:45 PM
This whole DJ Mag 100 is a joke!! Producers - some of them - who have no idea how to djing are in first 10. Synth-pop shit. Who voted for them? MTV generation or what? I'm too pissed. That's all from me. Next year in first 10 will be Akon or Timbaland. Shame.

bassembm1
24-10-11, 02:50 AM
that's why they drove the vote to facebook , its only a matter of popularity guetta has about 25 million follower on facebook if he just shared DJ Mag voting application he was probably voted by more that 100k , just when i saw avicii and afro*uck and deadmua5 and david guetta leading the DJ world i was very happy that Markus is the 9th he is the only one in the top 10 that still play trance without shitty commercial tracks. Markus become so powerful to stand infront of this mainstream djs , according to this year Markus 9th place is great
Armin placed the second reflecting to the ASOT performance that he barely play good tunes, hiding under his moto that he love a variety of music genres , remixing david guetta's track is a big fail too .

caesarinho
24-10-11, 12:33 PM
It would be nice to see total number of votes each DJ has got. I mean, if Markus got more votes total than last year despite finishing 9th, that would be good sign.

MarRey
24-10-11, 05:01 PM
For me Markus can be #220 DJ. For me he is the best and all his Big fans know it :)

armada3588
25-10-11, 03:47 AM
look afrojack shouldnt even be that high let alone above markus... and guetta as 1? seriously it's a fucked up world we live in where people who dont know a damn thing about music vote for shitty DJs... afrojack isnt utter shit, but he def. isnt not better than markus. far from it. I will say though i find afrojack better than guetta. the whole thing is whack

CuervoELektro
25-10-11, 05:22 AM
It is not dj mag's fault. There are many young people who vote for the most popular, not really the best dj's/producers, I'm also very happy with Markus's position. Cheers commander!.

Alex
25-10-11, 10:49 AM
Good thing happened with DJ Mag TOP 100. This's a popularity TOP 100 at all, not skills :)

NeoGeo2k
26-10-11, 06:32 PM
From now on... this list will be seen as before... fuck it.
Markus is still No. 1 !