PDA

View Full Version : [CLHR125] Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Saints / In a Green Valley

ImpactPlayaz
20-09-11, 04:00 PM
Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Saints / In a Green Valley

Release Label: Coldharbour Recordings
Release Code: CLHR125
Release Date: September 26th 2011

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/ImpactPlayaz/Coldharbour/CLHR125.jpg

Saints (Extended Mix)
Saints (Beat Service Remix)
Saints (Arnej Remix)
In a Green Valley (Extended Mix)
In a Green Valley (Dakota's Return to Coldharbour Remix)
In a Green Valley (Basil O'Glue Remix)

Available to purchase digitally on Beatport by Clicking Here (http://tinyurl.com/clhr125bp)

Markus Schulz is proud to present another milestone in the story his acclaimed Coldharbour Recordings label; and like every previous increment of 25 releases, the 125th package sees the high flying DJ in the spotlight. However, for the first time on the main Coldharbour imprint, he dons his Dakota alter-ego for the occasion, but does it in grand fashion through a special double release and very much with the fans in mind.

Cast your mind back to early April, where Markus would make his first of two appearances for A State Of Trance’s 500th episode celebrations in Buenos Aires. In a country where he is regarded as the elite, Markus debuted “Saints” - a tough and hands in the air anthem which embodied the ambiance yielded by a 15,000+ strong crowd that lit up the night sky. When details of the Thoughts Become Things II album began to emerge, Saints was one of those hotly contested IDs that fans couldn’t get enough of, yet became a centrepiece for Markus’ livesets throughout the summer, with signature plays at Electric Zoo in New York among others.

On remix duty for Saints is a pair of names not too unfamiliar with Coldharbour followers, and for good reason. When the dust settles on 2011, the mesmeric Outsider by Estonia’s Beat Service will go down as one of the best tracks of the year. His remix of Saints is very much in a similar vein, giving the original an energetic boost and adding another dimension to a liveset. Canadian Arnej goes for the more subtle yet techier approach, and worked wonders on the dancefloor at Space in Ibiza when debuted by Markus in mid-September.

A very strong package in the offering for Coldharbour 125, but there’s much more...

The heart of Camboriu houses one of the genuine South American superclubs - Brazil’s beautiful Green Valley. And if you find yourself privileged to play at the venue, your view from the DJ booth looking out towards the lush green trees and waterfalls is a sight to behold. Inspired by his visits in October and January (the latter featured on the Global DJ Broadcast World Tour), Markus Schulz dedicated one of his efforts on Thoughts Become Things Ii entirely to his experiences at the venue, with a beautiful melodic piece that embodies the very best traits that Coldharbour has to offer.

As part of this special 125th package, Markus himself presents a special alternative to the original “In a Green Valley”, with his Return to Coldharbour remix emitting a more chilled and housier influence; reminiscent of his very early days as a producer, and one which will act perfectly as both a warmup and afterhours supplement. Rounding out the package is a remix by one of the hottest names on Coldharbour in 2011, with a brooding and hypnotic vibe that could only be conceived by Greece’s Basil O’Glue.

We at Coldharbour would like to thank everyone who continues to provide fantastic support for the label, and hope you enjoy this special package to mark another milestone - the 125th release.

Saints (Extended Mix)

auuQmLcE8c0

Saints (Beat Service Remix)

3hpxi_kqKHY

Saints (Arnej Remix)

n1Gw2MuwT98

In a Green Valley (Extended Mix)

n0ac0o3r7Vc

lQsYFwyBIAY

ajznjir5qYM

Daydreamer
20-09-11, 04:24 PM
October 3rd? What about the whole story that Armada/Ultra wanted a Dakota single in September?

Hm, it doesn't matter anyway.

MoscowSystem
20-09-11, 04:49 PM
not very excited about Beats Service Remix, as i said before its nothing special, but other tracks r goin 2 b great!

ohcrapitsnico
20-09-11, 05:01 PM
Awesome! I love Saints, original is once again my favorite :P

I'm really curious what the last three tracks are...I seriously hope that Breathing and WYN will be on there...that would be the coolest surprise ever!

CarlosSR
20-09-11, 05:16 PM
If Markus has Breathing and WYN Afterhours Mix, man, the world could end and I'd be happy 8-)

Let's see what's in store.

topereq
20-09-11, 05:27 PM
great release !
i wonder what is in 2nd part of 125 package :D

Kjuna
20-09-11, 06:07 PM
In a green valley|Terrace 5 a.m.|Terrace 5 a.m. (Klauss Goulart remix) ???

CarlosSR
20-09-11, 06:49 PM
Those three are also very solid, I especially like In A Green Valley.

Evening Twilight
20-09-11, 06:51 PM
If that would be true, would be senseless to not ID them yet.

Kjuna
20-09-11, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I know :) just a thought

ohcrapitsnico
20-09-11, 07:06 PM
If that would be true, would be senseless to not ID them yet.

Great point, it must be something interesting then...

Havana
20-09-11, 07:45 PM
His remix of Greece 2000 from back in 08 would be nice. Although that is probably asking a bit too much :P

Kabra
20-09-11, 08:03 PM
Return to Coldharbour remix :o I'm hoping for oldschool dark basslines.

MarcelW
20-09-11, 08:10 PM
Dakota's Return to Coldharbour Remix could be nice riddle :D And nice to see Arnej !

audioex3
20-09-11, 08:13 PM
wow can't wait to hear 'In A Green Valley (Basil O Glue rmx)' .... should be amazing prog :) This made my day... and the return to Clhr rmx :o

james
20-09-11, 08:35 PM
HELL YEAH MARKUS!

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

topereq
20-09-11, 08:49 PM

:o :o :o omg!
btw i hope that Arnej will debut his remix of Saints during this week's gm :D

reddevil09
20-09-11, 11:40 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!! <3

ohcrapitsnico
21-09-11, 03:14 AM
Duuuude this is gonna be a sweet sweet release. :)

I can settle for this. ;)

ed0ni
21-09-11, 09:30 AM
Nice to see the two best tracks from TBTII getting released togeather. Best release this year for sure :D

curs3d
21-09-11, 10:59 AM
Basil and Back to coldharbour remix of In A Green Valley should be good! Can't wait for the whole package 8-)

CarlosSR
21-09-11, 11:34 AM
I love how Markus casually underplayed this release when I asked him about it.

My favorite tunes from TBT 2, with incredible remixers on duty, extended mix, oh man, a keyboard and monitor can't show how excited I am for this release. :shock: :o :D 8-)

michal dybek
21-09-11, 12:38 PM
Great news! Finally EP with 'In A Green Valley' will be released.

MarRey
21-09-11, 05:24 PM
It's gonna be a fantastic EP for sure. Can't wait to hear Basil O'Glue remix :P Hope it will be so dark ! Beat Service is great, but too similiar to Outsider. Can't wait for Arnej remix of Saints as well. And Return To Coldharbour mix :o

Evening Twilight
23-09-11, 08:40 AM
[youtube:23pe3i2n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQAXWzooUg[/youtube:23pe3i2n]

[youtube:23pe3i2n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s91Ttbnbhs[/youtube:23pe3i2n]

[youtube:23pe3i2n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIxMScBI6UY[/youtube:23pe3i2n]

ohcrapitsnico
23-09-11, 06:03 PM
Ohmygod. Markus' remix of In a Green Valley is TOO GOOD.

October 3rd is wayyy too far away.

I think this realease beats CLHR Selections 25 in epicness for this year. How is that possible???

michal dybek
23-09-11, 06:41 PM
Only today I've heard so many times both: Dakota's Return and Basil's Remix and I can only say that both tracks are absolutely outstanding. What a vibe! What feeling! What a groove! I hope during next months both tracks will be seriously overplayed. Really. Overplayed.

Alex
23-09-11, 07:38 PM
I only want In a Green Valley in this release :) If next CLHR releases will be something like Dakota Return to Coldharbour remix and Basil O'Glue remix, the old CLHR power will back... These two tracks are better, better and better than overplayed Khomha and this tech stuff.

BTW It's going to release on Monday! :)

Daydreamer
23-09-11, 11:47 PM
Amazing remix Markus did on In a Green Valley, I didn't recognize the melody at first listen just as with the Coldharbour remix of The New World which makes it special.

Hope to hear more of these!

barto
24-09-11, 09:20 AM
Yea...
This Monday - I can't wait!
I'm going to stay at home this Monday and wait for that realase! :)

SKTranceFan
24-09-11, 05:08 PM
The Arnej Remix is MASSIVE. Such a good Techy remix. simply amazing

Evening Twilight
26-09-11, 11:42 AM
http://www.beatport.com/release/saints- ... ley/686184 (http://www.beatport.com/release/saints-in-a-green-valley/686184)

Out Now! :D

Neruda
26-09-11, 06:14 PM
buying everything except Beat Service Remix,just a ripoff of "outsider". Ugh! :x
Thx Markus for this EP.

james
26-09-11, 06:35 PM
How can Beat Service rip off his own song?

Bought 'em all except the Arnej Remix.

audioex3
26-09-11, 07:49 PM
Bout to make the purchase.... Awesome stuff! CLHR 125 :)

Voodoo Child
26-09-11, 08:40 PM
This release made my day :)

Neruda
27-09-11, 02:11 AM

Clearly he used the same structure,the same pads, effects and percussions from Outsider. And no, this have nothing to do with “signatures sounds”. They even start the same, is hilarious.

reddevil09
27-09-11, 02:19 AM
Very surprised by how good the In a Green Valley Extended and remixes turned out to be! Beautiful.. <3

james
27-09-11, 03:07 AM

Clearly he used the same structure,the same pads, effects and percussions from Outsider. And no, this have nothing to do with “signatures sounds”. They even start the same, is hilarious.

Ya...just because he uses the same format on two of HIS songs, doesn't make one a ripoff. You can't ripoff your own song. You can ripoff someone else's song though. Not sure if you guys know what ripoff means...

ohcrapitsnico
27-09-11, 03:21 AM
Very surprised by how good the In a Green Valley Extended and remixes turned out to be! Beautiful.. <3

Yeah I agree, the added intro to In a Green Valley adds a whole 'nother vibe and mood to the track, its quickly becoming one of my favorites off the album. :)

Can't decide which is my favorite mix of In a Green Valley...

CarlosSR
27-09-11, 05:13 AM
By far my favorite is the Extended version of In A Green Valley, but then Basil and the Dakota Return to Coldhabour Mix are also incredible.

Top notch release 8-)

NeoGeo2k
27-09-11, 03:16 PM
+1

auteuil
27-09-11, 10:16 PM
This release is sick sick SICK! Both Arnej and Basil does amazing jobs on remix duties.

I love how the three versions of IAGV stand for themselves, none are alike. Just like it should be.

Havana
27-09-11, 11:27 PM
Return To Coldharbour Remix is the one here! Markus can still do progressive when he wants to :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.738625,-2.346637

MoscowSystem
28-09-11, 04:19 PM

Bought 'em all except the Arnej Remix.
ok so maybe copy & paste is better 2 describe this

james
28-09-11, 10:34 PM
Well you could argue the BO remix is a copy/paste of Realm of Mind...I just don't see a point in categorizing either remix like this since pretty much every producer does this.

One of the main reasons the producer gets asked to remix a song is because of their current productions. Generally you want that producer remixing the song to stamp their signature sound of the moment on it.

For Beat Service, it's Outsider
For Basil O'Glue, it's Realm of Mind and Angular Momentum
For DNS Project, it's Timestep
Last year, Phynn did a "copy/paste" on his remixes from Spacewalk and The Halo Effect
Last year, Tenishia did the "copy/paste" from Flesh 2010

So I ono...I think every producer does it and every producer is supposed to do it. Is the Saints remix a little bit too much like Outsider? Maybe. But that was the point in my opinion. When producers start mimicking other producers, then I think there is room to point out "ripoff" and "copy/paste" mentality. But when a producer is just stamping his signature sound of the moment on a new song or on a remix...isn't that what we want?

Daydreamer
28-09-11, 10:39 PM
Is the Saints remix a little bit too much like Outsider? Maybe.
This. :)

SKTranceFan
28-09-11, 10:46 PM
Well you could argue the BO remix is a copy/paste of Realm of Mind...I just don't see a point in categorizing either remix like this since pretty much every producer does this.

One of the main reasons the producer gets asked to remix a song is because of their current productions. Generally you want that producer remixing the song to stamp their signature sound of the moment on it.

For Beat Service, it's Outsider
For Basil O'Glue, it's Realm of Mind and Angular Momentum
For DNS Project, it's Timestep
Last year, Phynn did a "copy/paste" on his remixes from Spacewalk and The Halo Effect
Last year, Tenishia did the "copy/paste" from Flesh 2010

So I ono...I think every producer does it and every producer is supposed to do it. Is the Saints remix a little bit too much like Outsider? Maybe. But that was the point in my opinion. When producers start mimicking other producers, then I think there is room to point out "ripoff" and "copy/paste" mentality. But when a producer is just stamping his signature sound of the moment on a new song or on a remix...isn't that what we want?

+A Trillion

This is exactly right.

Neruda
29-09-11, 12:02 AM
There’s a huge difference between a track that sound like a Beat Service track (signatures sounds) and a track that sound a lot like Outsider. When you listen to the arnej remix, it sounds like arnej but doesn’t sound like another arnej track. The same thing goes to the Dakota RTC Remix. The remix duties are more than just put the main melody of the track that is gonna be remixed on top of a previously released one that was your most successful track of the year.

And yes, the BO remix sounds like Realm of mind too.

james
29-09-11, 03:43 AM
Well, I stopped being a fan of Arnej's productions a little ways back, so I'll take your word that this remix doesn't have an eerily similar sound to one of his more recent productions. But I still contend that most producers stamp their sound du jour on their remixes. Not all of them but definitely most of them. And that most fans want this sound stamp on remixes.

And I did agree, maybe Beat Service's remix is in fact too similar to Outsider, but I would also argue that all of you were clamoring and claiming that Outsider was a monster track and deserved to be played in every set. So wouldn't you want this remix to be similar to it? (Maybe not you per se)

Rick Valentine
30-09-11, 07:04 PM
HUGE release !!!!

Supporting the original of "In A Green Valley", the Basil O'Glue Remix & The (Dakota's Return to Coldharbour Remix) all 2 of them are just amazing i cant choose which one is the best.

Havana
02-10-11, 10:34 AM
Coldharbour Remix is very Moonbeam-esque! Can't stop playing it :)