PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles '12 ???

modthispny
26-08-11, 09:02 AM
at the end of his gig this past saturday at avalon, markus did say that he's been telling everybody that LA is the best place in the world to party.

with 2 6hr + sets in the last 3 months...and his ever growing fan base in los angeles..i think we should definitely be considered.

the only other place that might rival Los Angeles is either Budapest or Green Valley.

what do you guys think?

Evening Twilight
26-08-11, 09:48 AM
Buenos Aires and London also.

Daydreamer
26-08-11, 10:43 AM
I was thinking about Budapest '12. ;)

reddevil09
26-08-11, 05:22 PM
LONDON! sigh... yeah!

james
26-08-11, 05:54 PM
I thought Budapest was a lock for '11, so I'll be surprised if it isn't '12. But maybe he will choose a place a bit further away from Prague to spread things out and save Budapest for '13.

PoKoLoKo
26-08-11, 06:26 PM
BERLIN'12 or BUDAPEST'12

Slaveofreality
26-08-11, 07:38 PM
at the end of his gig this past saturday at avalon, markus did say that he's been telling everybody that LA is the best place in the world to party.

with 2 6hr + sets in the last 3 months...and his ever growing fan base in los angeles..i think we should definitely be considered.

the only other place that might rival Los Angeles is either Budapest or Green Valley.

what do you guys think?

I think LA is most definitely in the running for the 2012 city compilation. I think Markus has really noticed the passion of the LA coldharbour citizens and there is alot of them as evidenced at Avalon last weekend. The vibe was incredible at both of the extended sets, To me this past weekend's gig topped the May one if that was even possible. The energy level of the crowd was incredible with the fans still going strong even in the wee hours of the morning. You could tell Markus was in the zone and really feeling it too. His fan base has exploded in LA, I had never seen Avalon so packed before, I got there at 1 A.M., yes I know I was late due to prior engagements but there was a huge line outside even that late, I had to wait 30 minutes to get in even though I had presales. It was by far the craziest night at Avalon yet. I know Everyone that was at both shows this year could feel that LA is buliding something very special with Markus and it will continue to grow in the near future. Best set's ever so far IMO!!!!

Slaveofreality
26-08-11, 07:47 PM
On that note I think it's only natural for the next extended set at Avalon to be the Los Angeles 12 release party next year. I say Markus should take it to the next level and play an open to close set at Avalon from 9:30 P.M. till 8:00 A.M. , that would be unreal and probably by the far the best Markus set ever ;)

I believe Markus is totally up for the challenge and what better club to do it then Avalon. I really would love to see how Markus would open a night up with some deep progessive tunes and slowly bulid it up as the night went on. I hope the LA fans agree :)

modthispny
26-08-11, 08:02 PM
ya avalon is definitely equipped for a cd release party.

fingers crossed! los angeles definitely has the momentum right now.

james
26-08-11, 08:46 PM
Los Angeles is definitely a possibility, but you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. There are a lot of cities with special history to Markus or a lot of love/energy for Markus:

Budapest
Buenos Aires
London (Coldharbour origins)
Miami (he's been hitting Miami hard the last year, they might getting a revisit of the city compilation sooner rather than later)
New York City
Phoenix (where Markus honed his sound)
San Francisco
Warsaw (He's shown a lot of to Poland lately)

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the above make the cut.

DoMarcikar
26-08-11, 11:18 PM
I was thinking about Budapest '12. ;)

Yes, I was exactly thingking about Budapest too. Well, It's not hard to figure out why, but still... It can have a chance already, but there are so many great places, that needs a part also.

MoscowSystem
27-08-11, 01:28 PM
I think that it'll be Budapest, after 2 compilations dedicated 2 northern america's cities Toronto and Las Vegas series got back 2 the old continent with the release of Prague '11 so I think that next year's city compilation will be some kind of follow up to this and we'll stay in Europe and I think that Budapest have the best chances 2 win

gdjblaci
28-08-11, 03:49 AM
I think that it'll be Budapest, after 2 compilations dedicated 2 northern america's cities Toronto and Las Vegas series got back 2 the old continent with the release of Prague '11 so I think that next year's city compilation will be some kind of follow up to this and we'll stay in Europe and I think that Budapest have the best chances 2 win

yup same here, i'm thinking the same about it and not because Budapest is my country's capital :) Budapest has really good chances and i'd be the most happiest person if Markus would take another important thing to my country !

jdub889
29-08-11, 09:10 AM
okay okay, budapest can have the city compilation, as long as markus keeps coming back to LA every few months for marathon beatdowns at avalon :D the year-long wait between the 2010 show and the first 2011 show was waayyy too long

Globalgirl
29-08-11, 06:27 PM
I'm beginning to think we should have a pagent!

modthispny
29-08-11, 06:45 PM

LA would win. ;)

regardless, i'd easily give up the compilation for a 6 hr set every 3 months. :)

CarlosSR
30-08-11, 04:36 AM
A pageant sounds like a great idea, everybody comes to Miami for the beautiful scenery, beaches and ladies :)

Miami would win this hands down :P

Evening Twilight
30-08-11, 02:23 PM
Budapest
Buenos Aires
London (Coldharbour origins)
Miami (he's been hitting Miami hard the last year, they might getting a revisit of the city compilation sooner rather than later)
New York City
Phoenix (where Markus honed his sound)
San Francisco
Warsaw (He's shown a lot of to Poland lately)

This would be freaking amazing, but to be honest no chance for Poland IMO. Maybe after promised World Tour it will change.

As I said before, my type is London.

james
30-08-11, 05:44 PM
I'm still leaning towards Budapest. Buenos Aires probably gets my guess for 2nd choice though.

Markus hasn't done any SA, Africa, Asia or Australia cities yet. So I'd keep my eye out for a non-European or non-North American city.

But I do feel like there are a lot of different cities that could be chosen for 2012, so no one should take it too personal if their city isn't chosen.

fridaycoffee
30-08-11, 05:50 PM
IMO Buenos Aires...two massive gigs with dark music :) ..ASOT 500 Buenos Aires probably my fav Markus gig..Buenos Aires seems to inspire Markus to unleash his darkest side :lol:

Evening Twilight
30-08-11, 06:51 PM
+ once in blog he wrote that "he should back to Buenos Aires with his City compilation one day"

Kjuna
30-08-11, 07:54 PM
Guys, to be honest I don't think that LA has any chance - you see, it is impossible to make '10 and '12 compilations dedicated to one city. :|

MarcelW
30-08-11, 07:55 PM
That's right E.T :) According to blog, Buenos Aires has a huge chance to be a city compilation. But in commercial way London wins ;)

james
30-08-11, 08:40 PM
Guys, to be honest I don't think that LA has any chance - you see, it is impossible to make '10 and '12 compilations dedicated to one city. :|

Las Vegas was 2010
Los Angeles is not the same as Las Vegas...

jdub889
31-08-11, 12:43 AM

Las Vegas was 2010
Los Angeles is not the same as Las Vegas...

i wish it was! then i wouldn't have to drive 5 hours to get to vegas ... grrr

Serious Danger
31-08-11, 01:09 AM

No Pagent Heather! Just have Markus select Phoenix as the next city compilation and all will be good! lol :D