PDA

View Full Version : Coldharbour Promos

b1ackops
16-08-11, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, im starting out on a long voyage as a dj. Just asking how i would be able to get coldharbour promos to play to the crowds at my gigs

jdub889
17-08-11, 12:58 AM
Hey guys, im starting out on a long voyage as a dj. Just asking how i would be able to get coldharbour promos to play to the crowds at my gigs

build a following, start a radio show, etc. prove that its worth it for artists to send you promos because you'll be building their brand as much as yours. if you can do that well, hopefully someday you can be one of those dj's that complains about all the promos they get spammed with all the time :D

james
17-08-11, 01:08 AM
one word: network

gotta build some relationships with the producers and like jdub said, a good way of doing that is proving to them it would be in their interest to be associated with you.

jdub889
17-08-11, 08:29 AM
and, make sure you do the jesus pose at gigs, otherwise nobody will take you seriously :P

topereq
17-08-11, 09:50 AM
and, make sure you do the jesus pose at gigs, otherwise nobody will take you seriously :P

:lol: :lol:

DJ_Andy
17-08-11, 06:43 PM
Do Labels still send demos to djs to promote their artists :?

james
18-08-11, 12:03 AM
Do Labels still send demos to djs to promote their artists :?

I think so. I'll see a lot of releases leaked a good 2-3 weeks early with "PROMO" stamped on the files.