PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz at Ministry of Sound, London - Dec 19 2008

ImpactPlayaz
21-10-08, 07:45 PM
The next installment of the residency. :mrgreen:

All I know so far is that it is The Gallery's Christmas party, and will feature Markus and Armin, and no doubt more to be announced.

The only downside to this is that since it is so close to Christmas, the flights are incredibly expensive already.

TouchingVirus
21-10-08, 10:17 PM
Haha, announced already? I'm not quite over last friday damnit!

Flights are 75 euro from Dublin, but I will have to book a hotel because the flight back isn't until 8pm on Saturday.

Who's up for it? :lol: :lol:

TomBailey
22-10-08, 11:27 PM
Usually I'd go to the Godskitchen Christmas party as it's about ten minutes from me & London is so much more effort BUT Markus isn't playing at Gods, so I may have to look into this

maria111
23-10-08, 06:59 PM
Oh its a MOS party right?Sounds promicing but... :(

TouchingVirus
14-11-08, 07:14 PM
THE GALLERY XMAS PARTY
FRIDAY 19TH DECEMBER

NUS & Members £12 B4 12am // £12 Advance // £15 on the door

Box:
Gavyn Mytchel (Warm-Up)
Armin van Buuren
Markus Schulz (3 Hour Set)
The Viceroy (Closing)

10:30-11:30 - Gavyn
11.30-01.45 - Armin van Buuren
01.45-05.00 - Markus Schulz
05.00-07:00 - The Viceroy

Bar:
Steve Lee (3 Hour Set)
Graeme Lloyd
Steve Richards

Baby Box:
Hosted by Future Friday Feeling

Lounge:
Hosted by Subbass DJs

Hoorah... the legendary Xmas Party is here and in true Gallery tradition and style we’ve pulled out all the stops to bring you, our Gallery faithful, one of the biggest and best line-ups witnessed on these shores in 2008. Headlined by the world’s No.1 DJ, Armin van Buuren and Gallery resident supremo (and the newly appointed world no.8 DJ) Markus Schulz... this year’s Gallery Xmas Party is literally bigger than ever before and will undoubtedly be a proper Roadblock with all the trimmings!!

Armin van Buuren has had another one of those years in 2008. Clinching the world No.1 position in the DJ Mag poll for a second year running the lovable chap from the Netherlands has toured every known corner of the globe appearing at every leading festival and club worth its salt. Those that can cast their minds back to the hazy days of late April will remember Armin helped us launch The Gallery at its brand new home of Ministry of Sound appearing as our birthday headliner to one of the biggest crowds Gaunt Street has ever witnessed. Also our headline guest at The Gallery arena at this years SW4 festival, Armin has smashed it up wherever and whenever and this exclusive London appearance must rank as a special early Xmas treat for us all!! Markus Schulz has long been a favourite with us here at The Gallery and in May this year we proudly showed him off as our new resident; joining the ranks of Tall Paul, Sister Bliss, Sander Van Doorn, Hernan Cattaneo and many more. Markus has gone onto raise the roof with each and every appearance at The Gallery, and in a recent interview on Kiss 100 Markus proclaimed The Gallery at Ministry of Sound as his favourite club in the entire world! Also a guest at our massive Gallery arena at SW4 this year, Markus will be more than welcome at his first Gallery Xmas party playing a special 3 Hour Set alongside his close friend and mentor Armin van Buuren. With his trademark sound, enthusiasm behind the decks and being back at his favourite night in the world this looks set to be the perfect warm up to Xmas. Rounding off the Box line-up is the two long serving Gallery residents who have continually rocked the main room time after time, Gavyn Mytchel on warm up duties with the closing set provided by The Viceroy.

The Bar is an all out Gallery party this week with main man Steve Lee doing what he does best. Steve has continually rocked The Gallery from day one when he was made one of the first residents some 14 years ago. Having forged a reputation as somewhat of a legend with The Gallery faithful down the years, this year has been no exception with Steve taking the Bar by the scruff of the neck and setting the standard for every other DJ to match. As he and us are full of the Xmas cheer Steve will be dropping a very special 3 hour extended set to get us all in the mood!! Joining him will be regular guest and producer Graeme Lloyd who continues his run of good form and Steve Richards on warm up duties. The Baby Box is ho-ho-hosted by Future Friday Feeling while the Subbass DJ Academy confirm the Christmas spirit in the Lounge. Just don’t forget your mistletoe....

Tickets
Ticketweb.co.uk (http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=296762) - £15.00

maria111
17-11-08, 11:58 AM
quite nice line up :D

Hayley
19-11-08, 03:14 PM
3 hour set!!! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :P

TouchingVirus
19-11-08, 03:50 PM

Hah, you and Darren wanted it to be 3 hours last time :D

Hayley
26-11-08, 10:59 AM

Hah, you and Darren wanted it to be 3 hours last time :D

He should get 3 hours every time.......he is resident afterall :D

Are you definately coming to this one?

TouchingVirus
27-11-08, 01:17 PM
Payday tomorrow, but yeah, I've got a bit of sterling left over from the last trip that needs to be gotten rid of :D

Hayley
27-11-08, 05:17 PM
Payday tomorrow, but yeah, I've got a bit of sterling left over from the last trip that needs to be gotten rid of :D

Seems like the perfect excuse ;)

TouchingVirus
27-11-08, 06:48 PM
That's it! Your booking is complete, this is your Itinerary/Receipt.

Well I guess that really is it, I'm going - Even though Ryanair jacked up the price by 20 quid over last week, the thieves!

It'll be worth it though, right Markus? Hayley? Darren? Rick? Monika? xander? :lol:

Hayley
28-11-08, 10:53 AM
That's it! Your booking is complete, this is your Itinerary/Receipt.

It'll be worth it though, right Markus? Hayley? Darren? Rick? Monika? xander? :lol:

Of course it will :D

Kate
30-11-08, 06:33 PM
Fantastic that we are getting 3hrs of Markus !!!! PARTY
My tickets are ordered. Will be flying over from Holland.

See you there,

Kate

TouchingVirus
14-12-08, 10:52 PM
ROLL ON FRIDAY :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

maria111
15-12-08, 12:37 AM
I hope the tracklists from both gigs either from 19th either from 20th wont be the same..

TouchingVirus
15-12-08, 11:44 AM
Of course they won't, have you read any of Markus' Tracklists :D I'd say if he was playing two events in the one night there'd be significant differences between the two tracklists too, so many good tunes need playtime :lol: :lol:

TouchingVirus
18-12-08, 08:10 PM
Set Times are in the first post now - 2 hrs 15mins of Armin, and 3hrs 15 mins of Markus! Awesome :)

TouchingVirus
20-12-08, 04:11 PM
Right, I'm just finished the long drive home from the airport, I'm absolute wrecked tired too 8-)

Yesterday started off cool, flights were on time, trains ran on time and all in all I was at the Ministry of Sound at 10:30 or so. I thought that'd be pretty early considering the lack of a queue last October at the same time but boy was I wrong :D The queue was incredibly long, there was way more people in it that would get in (limited space). I eventually got in up the guestlist path (thanks to those who helped, much appreciated!!!) and inside I went. I met Hayley's dad & boyfriend in there, no Hayley though because she was sick. I was meant to meet xander/Alex in there too, but there was no sign of him and then it got far too crowded to go looking for somebody - Armin sure does pull in the crowd.

Gavyn Mytchel played a good warm-up set but the crowd really just wanted Armin to get on stage. He didn't disappoint with some truly awesome visuals & lights/laser show - something that was lacking last October and the only thing I could fault the MOS on really.

*begin minor rant* Because of the way the club is laid out it's incredibly dark and there's a fair bit of smoke from the smoke machines, while this all adds to the atmosphere it makes taking videos and pictures nearly impossible - the flash hits the smoke and you get a white picture, and when you don't use the flash you can't see a thing because there's no light. Increasing exposure on the camera (so the lens takes in more light) is a no go because you can't hold the camera steady enough. So all in all you sorta have to be at MOS to get it or have some big mad camera that costs €2000 like the professional photographers...grrrr * end rant *

Anyways, Armin played a stormer. He left most of his mediocre tracks at home and went for the heavy bassline stuff - I loved it :D There was the odd track thrown here and there that kinda made me go all euugh, but overall it was a great set. Afterwards Armin was whisked away by security because he was playing at Godskitchen later on in the night and had to get there but I still managed to ask him for a smile and snap a picture :P

After Armin was Markus, who was actually late and looked pretty pissed off about it too :mrgreen: By now we were in the booth, it was just incredibly packed on the dancefloor but it was all right up there. I tried my best at tracklisting but quickly realised I'm useless at it with more ID's of songs I've heard before than ones I could name. So I did what any aspiring tracklister does, I looked at the CD stack where Markus was placing CD's after playing them and nabbed all the names I could so while I missed a few at teh start I still got a lot of ID's (Thanks Markus! ;) )

There were some mad people hopping up on other folks shoulders to get pictures, shake hands and just generally enjoy themselves, it was great to see Markus interact which each and every one of them. Well, except for the crazy girl who threw her jacket up, Markus didn't quite know what to do with that one :lol: Somewhere, most likely on the Gallery website, you'll get a picture of Markus with a Santa hat on his head (somebody threw that too). There was also this blow-up poodle that was being throw around the crowd like a beach ball..

On to the music, Marcus opened with The New World Intro, moved into his remix of Bittersweet Nightshade then I got a few ID's (took sound clips of most of them so I could get them ID'd). The following tunes were then played:
Another You Another Me (Big Room Remix)
Sweet Dreams Space Dreams (or Sweet Dreams vs. The Space We Are)
Ronski Speed vs Rex Mundi - Space Perspective (Markus Mashup)
Marco Jooston vs E.C. - Offshore
Wippenberg - Chakalaka vs some Arnej tune (didn't get the name)
Roland Klinkenberg - Monday Groove (Remix)
Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Markus Edit)
Simon & Shaker - Starstuff (2007 Edit)
Cass & Slide - Perception (Remix)
Markus Schulz - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
Gareth Emery vs Delirium - This is that vs Silence
Robert Burian - Vegas (Gleave Remix [Edit])
Rank1 - L.E.D. Let There Be Light
Markus Schulz - The New World (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Remix)
Embrace - Embrace
Markus Schulz - Daydream (Remix, didn't catch what one)
Sia - Buttons (Markus Schulz Dub)

Afterwards Markus signed Progession Progressed, Amsterdam '08 and Armada at Ibiza for me (I'm such a fanboy but seriously .. HOW COOL IS THAT? \o/ :lol: ) and I left the club about 6am and Markus was still inside relaxing after the set!

Another great night at MOS, it's becoming by bi-monthly trip abroad now and my Carbon Footprint is going through the roof, or should that be ozone layer? :twisted:

Thanks again to Markus, Phil & Dan for a great night, see you all in February 2009!

Pictures & Videos to come later, when I trim down the bad photos and short clips and get some high-speed upload internet connection ;)

maria111
20-12-08, 09:55 PM
fantastic report mate i cant hardly anymore now!!! i am about leaving my house now but took some minutes to read it... so nice you had a great time :mrgreen:

TouchingVirus
06-01-09, 04:15 PM
Videos are now available viewtopic.php?f=14&t=270 (http://www.markusschulz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=270)