PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Elements

james
13-07-11, 11:54 PM
So...are the songs released on EE before Coldharbour became a label considered a part of CLHR? Or are they still EE?

SndL
14-07-11, 12:40 AM
Need to say a few words here.This label is responsible for my love to this music.Such an amazing catalogue, especially back in 2004-06.The deep show, In the end ,TV dinner, Blueberry, Clear Blue , Wave Force , to name a few.I need to get them all back on my hdd, as recent music is not good enough for me, unfortunately.

ohcrapitsnico
14-07-11, 01:14 AM
I would say they are EE, they're catalogued as such. I think the fact that they were labeled under Coldharbour Selections places them in the CLHR legacy. Same could be said of the city comp full versions and the tracks from Markus' albums which are released under ARMD technically. No way you can say 3579 KM isn't part of the Coldharbour legacy. ;)

But really, the fact that it's all under the major label of Armada puts them under the same label in a way. It all depends what Markus and the Coldharbour family thinks are Coldharbour tracks.

Daydreamer
14-07-11, 01:23 AM
The released Coldharbour Selections on EE are part of Coldharbour in my opinion, the other releases are not. Check out the release date of the first Coldharbour Selections and maybe you'll notice something. ;)

james
14-07-11, 04:25 AM
July 28th, 2004, aka Coldharbour Day.

I know.

I was just wondering if IP or Tim or Markus could chime in as to whether or not all of those songs are officially Coldharbour or not.

DJ_Andy
14-07-11, 01:31 PM
July 28th, 2004, aka Coldharbour Day.

I know.

I was just wondering if IP or Tim or Markus could chime in as to whether or not all of those songs are officially Coldharbour or not.

those songs are officially EE and not CLHR
http://www.discogs.com/label/Electronic+Elements
http://www.discogs.com/label/Coldharbour+Recordings
but musicwise they can be regarded as the birth of the so called coldharbour sound

TomBailey
14-07-11, 01:35 PM
Yep they're definitely EE tracks but with a strong nod to Markus & Coldharbour.

Obviously tracks like 'Blueberry' will always be associated with Coldharbour.

It's sad how far downhill EE has gone in recent years :(

james
14-07-11, 02:50 PM
Ugh...like I said...know all of that...

james
14-07-11, 03:12 PM
Basically I'm asking if Coldharbour bought the rights to those songs that were Coldharbour in essence. I know they were released on Electronic Elements and they will always be on the EE catalog. I'm just wondering if CLHR also has the official rights to them or if because they're both sublabels under Armada, it doesn't really matter.

ImpactPlayaz
14-07-11, 03:14 PM
The first 5 Coldharbour Selections on Electronic Elements are without doubt considered as the Coldharbour Catalogue (hence Blueberry being remixed for Coldharbour 100 for example). Markus A&Red all of those packages but were released on Electronic Elements (as well as Clear Blue and Largo) because Coldharbour Recordings hadn't been established at the time.

Coldharbour Recordings came along in May 2005 and started with First Time, and obviously all things Markus signed, Coldharbour Selections and all, moved over there.

EE was mainly Perry O'Neil's baby around that time and it was a magical period for the label between 2003-2006. Once Perry "retired" and left Armada, the direction of the label changed dramatically.

All city compilation samplers and full versions packages would also be considered as Coldharbour too e.g. 3579Km, Where it All Begun and so on.

DJ_Andy
14-07-11, 03:47 PM
Basically I'm asking if Coldharbour bought the rights to those songs that were Coldharbour in essence. I know they were released on Electronic Elements and they will always be on the EE catalog. I'm just wondering if CLHR also has the official rights to them or if because they're both sublabels under Armada, it doesn't really matter.

you fool, what do you think? That Markus holds the rights to the tracks? Both labels belong to Armada, so Armada has all the rights :roll: :roll: :roll:

james
14-07-11, 04:25 PM
The first 5 Coldharbour Selections on Electronic Elements are without doubt considered as the Coldharbour Catalogue (hence Blueberry being remixed for Coldharbour 100 for example). Markus A&Red all of those packages but were released on Electronic Elements (as well as Clear Blue and Largo) because Coldharbour Recordings hadn't been established at the time.

Coldharbour Recordings came along in May 2005 and started with First Time, and obviously all things Markus signed, Coldharbour Selections and all, moved over there.

EE was mainly Perry O'Neil's baby around that time and it was a magical period for the label between 2003-2006. Once Perry "retired" and left Armada, the direction of the label changed dramatically.

All city compilation samplers and full versions packages would also be considered as Coldharbour too e.g. 3579Km, Where it All Begun and so on.

Thanks a bunch Darren. Exactly what I was looking for. :)

TomBailey
14-07-11, 06:07 PM

Thanks a bunch Darren. Exactly what I was looking for. :)

While it was a comprehensive reply he didn't really add anything :?:

I don't get why you would be so gracious to Darren and be so dismissive of the other replies.

Anyway it doesn't matter - you got an answer :)

james
14-07-11, 06:53 PM
You guys didn't answer my question...I was asking if when Coldharbour was made in 2005 if the songs that were CLHR in nature were brought over officially. You guys all told me stuff I already knew. Darren actually said, "Yes, Markus brought them over."

all things Markus signed, Coldharbour Selections and all, moved over there.

That's what I was looking for when I made this thread. None of you said that, and honestly, I wasn't sure if any of you knew it anyways. Which is why I said "I'm looking for Tim/Darren/Markus/someone to chime in." You and everyone else just said "Ya, they're associated with Markus/Coldharbour." Well...ya..."Markus Schulz pres. Coldharbour Selections Volume 1" etc. etc. Kind of common sense on that...

Rick Valentine
19-07-11, 12:38 AM
Electronic Elements was an awesome label shame Perry O Neil changed style as his productions, had many of the remix ep's Perry did and also all the Coldharbour Selections.