PDA

View Full Version : MS Website development!...

MissZivile
14-06-11, 11:52 PM
Guys, have you noticed - the website now has links to share the threads on FB!... Slowly, but developing, it seems!.. Well done!

I remember months ago I had an idea for the track to be played once you come to Markusschulz website. Last GDJB tracks, for example... (with an option to mute...etc). But perhaps such a development requires a lot of maintenance, and a decent programming, so that when changing pages the tracks would not start playing from #1 again.

Another idea I had was to put MS merchandise, but this probably has to do with some permissions to sell stuff/handle payments...?
Just thinking loudly.

I'll guinea-test the Dakota thread by taking it out on my FB page with all your moanings LOL...:)

I just think this one got the wrong order, by mistake....
"Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Digg

Share This Thread On:"

tcresine
15-06-11, 02:26 AM
What browser are you using if you don't mind me asking, because it should show Share this thread on: Facebook icon, twitter icon, digg icon.

MissZivile
15-06-11, 02:38 AM
Hey Tom!
It now seems to be 'corrected', unless my Firefox was messing about, but I would not think so...
I now see proper Icons, instead of links previously, and on the right handside, instead of left as previously.

And I've tested it out by sending out a thread onto FB - it works. I thought though it would open the last comment, it opens the first page of a thread but it's still ok suppose.
I see someone has tested it out on your FB wall too a couple of hours ago :)

I don't think I'll be using the 'Send' though, as it only sends Markus's FB page to a FB user's mailbox, but it's useful for new fans so that they would avoid accepting any sham Markuses....

If it's your jobs these buttons - well done! :)

imported_GDJB
15-06-11, 02:42 AM
Lots of changes coming to the forums very soon. :)

-Tim

MissZivile
15-06-11, 02:57 AM
Of course there's Tim behind it - 'Invisible' but mighty... :)
Well, excellent news!.. Carry on you guys then - any help with testing user experience, give us a shout.

tcresine
15-06-11, 03:00 AM
Cool thanks for verifying that! I think it was just a browser cache issue.

reddevil09
15-06-11, 03:31 AM
Lots of changes coming to the forums very soon. :)

-Tim

Cool Signature Timbo :p

Jasonaddley
15-06-11, 02:34 PM
Site needs a full re design, they should put it up for grabs to let coldharbour fans like myself put ideas forward :D

imported_GDJB
15-06-11, 03:19 PM
New design coming :)

buraksbt
15-06-11, 05:39 PM
please don't make it colored black or smtg dark :D

modthispny
15-06-11, 06:01 PM
awesome.

i'll admit the site is looking really dated.

tcresine
15-06-11, 06:43 PM
It's not going to be black. But it's looking pretty cool. However all black sites do save energy :)

Jasonaddley
16-06-11, 01:14 AM
I assume is a dancefoundation site? Love their stuff :)

Neruda
20-09-11, 05:17 AM
New design coming :)

Any news? Its been almost 3 months now

Globalgirl
20-09-11, 08:55 PM
Nope not a DanceFoundation site. Markus has Tim pretty busy lately so until we can clone him it make take a little more time. I'll keep after it though. If you have any suggestions for what you'd like to see/not see/add/etc please let me know.

Daydreamer
06-10-11, 07:41 AM
vBulletin, nice job Tim! ;) The theme could use some more color though like a bit of turquoise (http://www.magictolight.com/images/decorative_switch_plate_turquoise.jpg) as in the old theme, but this sure is a nice beginning! :D

Oh and the link to reset your password could use a fix. :P

ed0ni
06-10-11, 12:27 PM
vBulletin, nice job Tim! ;) The theme could use some more color though like a bit of turquoise (http://www.magictolight.com/images/decorative_switch_plate_turquoise.jpg) as in the old theme, but this sure is a nice beginning! :D

Oh and the link to reset your password could use a fix. :P
Totaly agree with DD. But it looks fresh and i really like the wider layout!

Hum, i cant find the pic/video forum now. Where is it? :p

CarlosSR
06-10-11, 01:35 PM
Noice changes Tim! Liking the new layout :D

james
06-10-11, 05:40 PM
Need to re-enable avatars and add a bit more color in my opinion.

Kind of bland with just this grey/white.

GDJB
06-10-11, 10:15 PM
Avatars should be fixed! Please try.

Daydreamer
06-10-11, 10:38 PM
Avatars should be fixed! Please try.
Works but there's a limit of 80x80 pixels, maybe you could revert it back 100x100 when you have time. :)

CuervoELektro
06-10-11, 10:44 PM
Set the avatar still does not work, but it is good the new version. The new world :D

GDJB
06-10-11, 10:45 PM
Set the avatar still does not work, but it is good the new version. The new world :D

You must upload an avatar or link to one...

Also..I will change to 100x100.

GDJB
06-10-11, 10:52 PM
Works but there's a limit of 80x80 pixels, maybe you could revert it back 100x100 when you have time. :)

Okay. fixed now

Daydreamer
06-10-11, 11:17 PM
Okay. fixed now
All right, thanks. :)

james
06-10-11, 11:21 PM
Thanks, lack of avatars was so blah :)

james
07-10-11, 03:23 PM
Might be a bug with the messages:

I got an e-mail saying DoMar sent me a message but my Inbox was full, and when I went to check my Inbox, I had 26 blank messages from December 31, 1969.

james
07-10-11, 10:49 PM
Also, not sure if it's possible with the new format, but if you could fix linking from the main page to take us to the last page and unread post of each thread, that would be cool. :)

I always enjoyed it in the old forums.

modthispny
07-10-11, 11:47 PM
minor gripe, but when you click on a thread under 'latest forum topics' from markusschulz.com it does not take you to the last page of the thread, anyway to fix this?

ed0ni
08-10-11, 12:11 AM
And when you're on it Tim, Can you please add a fav.icon to the mainpage/forum. Just a simple black MS on white backgroun etc..
I did send Darren a messeage regarding this 1+year ago and didnt get any respons. As I dont use any folders in my browser it would help alot to get a fav.icon instead of a "blank" one...

*celebrating 400th post* :)

CarlosSR
08-10-11, 08:47 AM
I have an issue with Tapa-Talk not opening up the forums.

solarvision
08-10-11, 12:52 PM
I have an issue with Tapa-Talk not opening up the forums.

Same problem here.

GDJB
08-10-11, 09:05 PM
Tapa Talk will no longer work with this new system. We have an official mobile version coming soon. Will have details soon!

GDJB
08-10-11, 09:06 PM
minor gripe, but when you click on a thread under 'latest forum topics' from markusschulz.com it does not take you to the last page of the thread, anyway to fix this?

No problem! Will be fixed :)

DJ_Andy
09-10-11, 04:42 PM
Tapa Talk will no longer work with this new system. We have an official mobile version coming soon. Will have details soon!
i hope it will work for blackberry users, no matter what device and os ?!

ed0ni
10-10-11, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the fav.icon Tim! Looking forward to the mobilen version :)

MarcelW
11-10-11, 07:43 PM
There is a problem with request a new pass. The solution is to change the link on main page to this ;) => http://www.markusschulz.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

TigerClaw
13-10-11, 02:04 PM
Something's wrong with the forum's auto login, It keeps asking me to enter my login and password, Even though I have put the check ton remember it.

james
13-10-11, 06:42 PM
Something's wrong with the forum's auto login, It keeps asking me to enter my login and password, Even though I have put the check ton remember it.

Hmmmm, you didn't disable cookies or something like that did you?

Cause I'm not having that problem.

TigerClaw
13-10-11, 07:43 PM
Im using Firefox, But I just tried it on IE and IE actually saves and logs in automatically.

james
08-11-11, 04:51 PM
Also, not sure if it's possible with the new format, but if you could fix linking from the main page to take us to the last page and unread post of each thread, that would be cool. :)

I always enjoyed it in the old forums.

Noticed this hasn't been implemented again, yet, and I do still miss it. :(

ed0ni
22-11-11, 11:37 AM
I tried to send a pm a couple of hours ago but i cant find it in my sent items fold. Where did it go?

GDJB
22-11-11, 09:16 PM
I tried to send a pm a couple of hours ago but i cant find it in my sent items fold. Where did it go?

Do you know by chance what time? It may of not been sent on your end. Try resending.

GDJB
22-11-11, 09:19 PM
Hey everybody,

Just an update on this topic. Brand new website is coming VERY soon! Any last minute suggestions that you would like to see?

ed0ni
23-11-11, 09:56 AM
Do you know by chance what time? It may of not been sent on your end. Try resending.
Hi,
Just wrote the message again and send it to GlobalGirl, but I still cant find it in my sent items folder...
Can you ask her to check her inbox? ;)

Evening Twilight
23-11-11, 12:53 PM
Hey everybody,

Just an update on this topic. Brand new website is coming VERY soon! Any last minute suggestions that you would like to see?
Would be nice make possible to listen last GDJB episode here on forum,

also wee would like to see Markus here more often!

topereq
29-11-11, 12:11 PM
new site! wow, it looks nice & clean!

Daydreamer
29-11-11, 12:41 PM
Yeah nice site, good work. :) http://www.markusschulz.com/

caesarinho
29-11-11, 02:41 PM
Excellent piece of work. :)

solarvision
29-11-11, 05:07 PM
Great new layout :cool: But Latest Forum Topics are only appearing on Firefox or Chrome. For example when I view the site on my phone nothing appears under Latest Forum Topics.

GDJB
29-11-11, 05:43 PM
Great new layout :cool: But Latest Forum Topics are only appearing on Firefox or Chrome. For example when I view the site on my phone nothing appears under Latest Forum Topics.

It uses javascript. Does you phone support javascript? What type of phone?

solarvision
29-11-11, 06:04 PM
Motorola Droid 2 Global with all browsers (Android default and Opera Mobile/Mini). However forum topics are also not displayed on Opera on my desktop and Internet Explorer.

GDJB
30-11-11, 01:43 AM
Motorola Droid 2 Global with all browsers (Android default and Opera Mobile/Mini). However forum topics are also not displayed on Opera on my desktop and Internet Explorer.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it! We are looking to switch out how the forums is displayed so the last post is first. Look for a fix soon.

solarvision
30-11-11, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I will look into it! We are looking to switch out how the forums is displayed so the last post is first. Look for a fix soon.

Thanks a lot. Looking forward for this :)

Voodoo Child
01-04-12, 01:09 PM
I just wanted to vote for the global selection. Unfortunately, I can't do it because it requires facebook now.
I understand if the admins did this to prevent multiple votes of one person. But it would be better if everybody can vote. Not everybody is on facebook! I will never register at facebook. If you need to identify users in order to prevent multiple votes you could offer the options to use the forum account or an e-mail adress as alternatives.