PDA

View Full Version : My remix of Sinners

MoscowSystem
13-06-11, 12:02 AM
Hi guys, I wanted 2 present my remix of Dakota - Sinners, I started it today and someday I think I'll finish it :) Please comment if u like it or not, all opinions r very important
http://soundcloud.com/andromedamusic/ma ... res-dakota (http://soundcloud.com/andromedamusic/markus-schulz-pres-dakota)

CarlosSR
13-06-11, 02:33 AM
I like it, keep it going.

Kjuna
13-06-11, 06:33 AM
Yeah, I like it. Any chance to get midi of Sinners? :oops:

Btw - I think the main lead must be louder after breakdown, but I think it is you feature to make the bass rock ;)

Wojtus
13-06-11, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I like it. Any chance to get midi of Sinners? :oops:

Btw - I think the main lead must be louder after breakdown, but I think it is you feature to make the bass rock ;)

+1,more bass

MoscowSystem
13-06-11, 02:54 PM
new longer version which I just made, as previous please leave yiour thoughts here

Voodoo Child
13-06-11, 09:43 PM
Overall I like.

In my opinion the part at 2:55 is an important improvement compared to your first prototype. I like how you play with the main melody and let it "rise" with this part. I encourage you to create more progression like that at the later parts of the remix (e.g. second break down). Currently the part starting at 5:14 sounds like a copy of the first break. Adding effects / instruments at this part and/or varying the melody (at 5:28?) might be an improvement.

What I dont't like is the instrument with a high tone which starts at 1:13, 2:25 and 3:38. First, I think it is too dominant. So reducing its loudness might be better. Second, I think it sounds a bit too natural.

MoscowSystem
19-06-11, 08:57 PM
4 all interested in this remix here's the latest almost final version::
Link Removed
if u wanna get midi of Sinners just PM me and I'll send it to u
cheers

axt
20-06-11, 12:56 PM
love that bassline.. this is more coldharbour fit than original/remixes ;)

Kjuna
20-06-11, 01:55 PM
Yeah, bass is so coldharbourish - reminds me Mundi's remix of Sin City :o

barto
20-06-11, 09:35 PM
For me, it looks like Tucandeo style a little :)

Generaly great Remix.

Tak trzymaj! :)

axt
21-06-11, 12:08 AM
how can we get it? :D

MoscowSystem
21-06-11, 01:31 AM
when i'll finish it i think i'll give it away on my soundcloud page :) thx 4 ur opinions, please tell me if anything should be improved, i dont have good soundsystem and its hard 2 master the track properly, any other comments will be much apreciated

Jasonaddley
30-06-11, 03:00 PM
I'm liking this man, nice and dark :D

MoscowSystem
15-07-11, 02:47 PM
check my soundcloud page 2 listen 2 it :)

Alex
15-07-11, 03:37 PM
Yesterday I've finished it, here's the first final version of my remix, of course with free download::
Link Removed
hmm, I think you'll have problems with copyrights :) remove the download.

MoscowSystem
15-07-11, 05:12 PM
ive deleted the download option, is everything ok now? it's made just 4 fun and check out if people would like my work, in that case i should have copyrights 2 the original track 2 do remix?

Alex
15-07-11, 05:49 PM
Check the discussion with @vilencee from this twitter http://twitter.com/#!/flashoverrec (5th july). This one is about Tucandeo's free remix of Punk.

james
15-07-11, 06:20 PM
Ya, even though you've edited the song and aren't profiting from it -- you're still not supposed to give it away since the original melody is still copyrighted.

MoscowSystem
15-07-11, 06:44 PM
Ok then, so can I at least leave it on my soundcloud profile with listening option or should I remove it completely? TBH im a little bit surprised have these things work, didnt know that before :/

james
15-07-11, 06:48 PM
Ya, as long as you don't have the download option available - I think you're alright.

Unless something is 100% yours, the safest option is to not give it out (or at the very least be discrete about it).

axt
15-07-11, 10:57 PM
i think it's ok because he creates the track from zero without any sample from original track.. if it's not then what about all those ripoffs out there?

james
15-07-11, 11:56 PM
I am no lawyer or expert on copyright...But the simple fact that it is called "Sinners (Remix)" means he's working on someone else's original work, which means he does not have the authority to distribute it. I think he can put it up for previewing as long as it isn't downloadable...but like I said, I'm no expert.

MoscowSystem
16-07-11, 12:12 PM
and what about 4 example CHris Schweizer's bootleg of Kernkraft 400? It seems 2 be ok, many DJ's have played it and I doubt he has the rights 2 the original track...

axt
16-07-11, 03:09 PM
setrise made a bootleg as well & released it under Setrise - Kernkraft 400 (so he didn't have the rights).. i think you should ask Darren/Markus.

james
16-07-11, 04:08 PM
Setrise did have permission.

http://www.discogs.com/Setrise-Kernkraf ... se/2542462 (http://www.discogs.com/Setrise-Kernkraft-400/release/2542462)

His remake got an official release from a label, so obviously Setrise, Spinnin' Records and Ministry of Sound had some sort of arrangement.

Not sure about Chris Schweizer's bootleg. It did not get an official release, so I am assuming he is not profiting from it. Did he actually post it somewhere and say "here you go, download away!"? Because you can find a lot of unofficial bootlegs that have spread across the web and gotten a lot of spins from other DJs. It does not mean it's legal and/or right. Some DJs make bootlegs for fun and give it to other DJs to play in their radio shows or sets just to increase in their popularity. That way down the road, they might get contacted for real remix duties. Take Tucandeo's bootleg of Punk as an example, a lot of DJs play it, including Markus, but Flashover Recordings obviously does not condone it being put on a website for free download.

james
16-07-11, 04:12 PM
Honestly, the easiest way to find out if you can let people download your remix for free is to just ask IP/Tim/Markus or someone else at Coldharbour. They can give you an actual answer to your situation. Going off of other situations from around the internet will just send you in a loop of specific occurrences that may or may not pertain to what you are doing. Copyright law is really tricky after all.

axt
16-07-11, 11:18 PM
as far as i know markus didn't play punk remix, but he played bromance remix which is mostly the same thing.. but yeah, ask the clhr crew.

DoMarcikar
17-07-11, 07:47 AM
as far as i know markus didn't play punk remix, but he played bromance remix which is mostly the same thing.. but yeah, ask the clhr crew.

Bomance (Tucandeo Remix) will be released very very very... very soon.

Sivro
18-07-11, 05:56 PM
Not sure about Chris Schweizer's bootleg. It did not get an official release, so I am assuming he is not profiting from it. Did he actually post it somewhere and say "here you go, download away!"?
Yes, he did. I have a copy of it. He released it for free download on his Facebook page.

Some DJs make bootlegs for fun and give it to other DJs to play in their radio shows or sets just to increase in their popularity. That way down the road, they might get contacted for real remix duties.
I'm not entirely sure, but I honestly think the "Bootleg" vs "Remix" labeling might have something to do with it. I remember Mike Foyle ranting on his Facebook about Laidback Luke bitching at his forum members for uploading Laidback Luke REMIXES when they should have been labeled bootlegs...I don't know if there is anything to that or not though. Like you, I am a copyright expert/lawyer.

Still, it all seems so backwards! Make a remix to make it into the scene. Arrive in the scene and get harassed for sharing your remix with others. :roll:

i think it's ok because he creates the track from zero without any sample from original track.. if it's not then what about all those ripoffs out there?
This is what I would like to know!!! If you give the track a different name, does that mean that it's okay? There are so many examples of this, it's ridiculous.

[youtube:3nlwb89y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I[/youtube:3nlwb89y]