View Full Version : Sleepwalkers: The Official Video

ImpactPlayaz
16-05-11, 05:08 PM
Enjoy. :)

[youtube:3cs2ldc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_jzv_ASgHM[/youtube:3cs2ldc4]

CarlosSR
16-05-11, 05:15 PM
YES!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!

I found myself a few times already, LOL. The video shoot was very very fun.

And the vocals are actually pretty good (gasp!).

Let's support Sleepwalkers guys!

modthispny
16-05-11, 05:18 PM
i knew it would be impossible to have a music video for sleepwalkers.

guess it's cool, not my cup of tea though.

Wojtus
16-05-11, 05:28 PM
Absolutely distaster. Armada djs went wrong :cry:

james
16-05-11, 05:35 PM
Grew on me a little since hearing the sneak peak on beatport, but still...original all the way =o

curs3d
16-05-11, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure what to say. I don't want to come off as a hater but but oh god..

Will always love the original though :)

fridaycoffee
16-05-11, 06:16 PM
neah sleepwalkers could have had a great video....maybe i'll try to do a version just for fun :)

CarlosSR
16-05-11, 06:25 PM
Seems like people are forgetting this is a homage to how Markus became a Dj.

Breakdancing, Mele Mel and Scorpio, the guys that inspired him, any takers?

kenny01
16-05-11, 06:44 PM
Oh jeez, Markus what have you done? :|
What's happening to the EDM scene :(

This video desperately reminds me of Tiesto's C'mon with Busta Rhymes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6SSTMpIRFI

Such a let down for me, disappointed badly. :(

Neruda
16-05-11, 06:52 PM
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k621/MidoripresIGS/OGWHID.jpg

Daydreamer
16-05-11, 06:56 PM
Let's just hope this will receive lots of airplay, nothing more.

I really believe Markus made this just for fun without any commercial purposes, if a collaboration like this is the last time. :)

As for the video, I'm not even taking it serious.

NeoGeo2k
16-05-11, 06:57 PM

:shock:

Ok Carloss but this is the wrong track for this.

I must agree with the Coldharbour maniacs.

Sleepwalkers is one of the greatest tracks i ever heard. I love it!
So sick... Oh men i have Flashbacks to Prague 11 - sleepwalkers kills the hole club Woooooooooooooooooooooooo

And now this video with vocal :oops:
Sorry Markus but the video sucks.

Sleepwalkers deserve a BIG one not like this.
I never was disappointed like now.

Globalgirl
16-05-11, 07:10 PM
Wow peeps. Relax. It's a fun video. This is dance music. It's not rocket science or neurosurgery.

fridaycoffee
16-05-11, 07:23 PM
Wow peeps. Relax. It's a fun video. This is dance music. It's not rocket science or neurosurgery.

apart from the vocal version...the clip is bad both visually..and compositionally :) i

the track is to good to promote it with this :) it does only harm to the track :)

maybe it was made to be funny..but i'm afraid phew will see it like this :)

CarlosSR
16-05-11, 07:23 PM
Daydreamer seems to be the only one who gets it. :D

Daydreamer
16-05-11, 07:28 PM
Thank you! :mrgreen:

curs3d
16-05-11, 07:30 PM

i'm not hating it.. it's the initial thought of it.. of course when you analyze it more and consider it further and add those formulas then perhaps it adds up..

We all knew about Markus working alongside the duo many moons ago but just did not expected it to be in sleepwalkers. Just saying

james
16-05-11, 07:37 PM
Markus made this just for fun

This.

Which is why people need to chill out.

audioex3
16-05-11, 07:46 PM
cool vid ;)

Sleepwalkers (Original) is my tune of 2011 so far! Dakota 2011 ftw!

Hayley
16-05-11, 08:06 PM

Don't forget about me :D

imported_GDJB
16-05-11, 08:16 PM
Hello everybody,

As promised, the fans that attended the event, here are the official photos. Thank you so much, It was a success!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sleepwalkersvideo/

CarlosSR
16-05-11, 08:36 PM
Okay, looks like I forgot to mention that Hayley is also down with the Sleepwalking! :P

Sheedy
16-05-11, 09:05 PM
I heard the vocal mix sample on beatport and thought what the hell, watched the video and actually enjoyed it. It was funny 8-)

Rob
16-05-11, 09:46 PM
I never thought this would actually happen, how weak :?

Trance+Design=ME
16-05-11, 11:18 PM
OMG MARKUS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! SHAME ON YOU FOR HAVING SOME FUN IN YOUR AMAZING LIFE. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT AT ALL!

Just kidding, but seriously a lot of folks on here and on facebook, etc. are freaking the hell out, like Markus just turned to David Guetta. Get a grip, the man wanted to have some fun with his idols, big deal. Don't like the song, don't listen to it. The video is just that a video, I highly doubt you will be forced to watch it at a show.

Markus, keep doing what you are doing. Don't forget the real fans who love you, know that you did this as fun and as a homage to the Furious 5. Looking forward to seeing you at EDC!

TigerClaw
16-05-11, 11:49 PM
I read the comments on the video, Some people are just taking it too seriously, Markus will always play the non vocal version, This was purely made out of fun.

Chemizon
16-05-11, 11:58 PM
Wow pretty horrible. The music is kickin' but what were they thinking with the vocals? My god I hope the album version has no vocals.

Globalgirl
17-05-11, 12:06 AM
I guess people just lost the plot to what his Dakota project is all about. It's about doing something different. Not the regular Markus Schulz stuff but being experimental and having fun with it. Oh well.

How dare we try to stretch the boundaries a bit.

Davis
17-05-11, 12:09 AM
anyone tell me what the fuck it is?

TigerClaw
17-05-11, 12:24 AM
I guess people just lost the plot to what his Dakota project is all about. It's about doing something different. Not the regular Markus Schulz stuff but being experimental and having fun with it. Oh well.

How dare we try to stretch the boundaries a bit.
True, Dakota has always been about the darker stuff and I enjoy those as much as well.

james
17-05-11, 12:48 AM
Didn't ya know?

Music is a no fun zone.

MrE
17-05-11, 12:55 AM
I actually didn't hate it, i thought it was a fun video. If it gets more people listening to Markus' music then great. I hardly expect he's suddenly gonna go down the Tiesto route & completely turn his back on what brought him to the dance, so fuck it. The original version's still there, & still just as awesome as ever.

Besides, it's certainly better than that absolute bucket of shite that Guetta's just churned out.

"Hmmm, i'll just take a classic dance track that i had absolutely nothing to do with, & get Snoop to yell incoherently over it for 5 minutes... voila!! $$$"

CarlosSR
17-05-11, 03:16 AM
So much for keeping an open mind...

curs3d
17-05-11, 08:13 AM

Haters gonna hate. We all have our opinions. That's the just the nature of fans/supporters alike.

And like i said, i'm not putting the gun to the head and ending my life just right there.

Honestly i come to appreciate the vocal mix a little more as at the end of the day Markus is like each and every one of us here. A fan. So let's just leave it as that.

amberella06
17-05-11, 02:09 PM
From Markus' facebook:

"Reading all your comments from last night. Thanks so much for all the support for Holger. And guys, listen. I love you but please give me the chance to have fun in the studio now and again. The original version of Sleepwalkers is there on Beatport for everyone to enjoy, but the vocals and the video meant a chance for me to work with my idols. I'll explain more in the blog this Friday, ok?"

Well said, M.

james
17-05-11, 02:53 PM
It's situations like the one Holger is in that really puts life in perspective. Bitching about rap vocals in music is just so trivial and dumb when you think about the more important things in life.

ImpactPlayaz
17-05-11, 03:02 PM
He hasn't waited until Friday to address Sleepwalkers. Too long to post here but you can read all on this Facebook Note:

http://tinyurl.com/mssleepthoughts

amberella06
17-05-11, 03:06 PM
Just saw his tweet....reading now.

Well written...hate that he had to justify himself though.

james
17-05-11, 04:03 PM
My only complaint about the video is that it ends before the best part, the actual sleepwalking part!

james
17-05-11, 04:08 PM
BTW, what jacket is Markus wearing in the video?

mikesleone
17-05-11, 04:15 PM
Just watched Sleepwalkers video for the first time.

I love it. Different, fun, creative, and cool.

Unbelievably cool that Markus got to hook up with some of his childhood hero's like that. Very respectable of Mele Mel, Scorpio, Big Bad Hank, etc. I can only hope to have a similar experience someday with one of my heros.

To anyone posting negative comments, stop being selfish. Markus was put on this earth to entertain more than just your tastes. If his productions or sets start going away from the Coldharbour sound, then complain. Until then, enjoy and let an artist be creative. The minute Markus starts to worry about doing things for everyone else, that's when it'll become work and not fun. The 3+ minute video is entertaining....it's not some foreshadow of his direction in the future.

Rob
17-05-11, 04:36 PM
He hasn't waited until Friday to address Sleepwalkers. Too long to post here but you can read all on this Facebook Note:

Ok well, after my first reaction in this thread, so I know why he did it and I am happy for him that he could achieve a dream he never thought would be possible ;) but that for Markus personal. When am thinking about what I like from the Dakota stuff that has been released in recent years, stuff like Amsterdam, other Compilation Dakota tracks and intro's I forget to mention, stuff like Johnny the fox and Chinook, then when I hear this vocal shit, am like dude WTF :( So ok, I will never like the vocal mix, the video etc, but am not mad at Markus, he made one of his dreams become reality, thats great! ;)

modthispny
17-05-11, 04:58 PM
i think there were issues with the video because it caught all of us by surprise, that's all.

talala
17-05-11, 05:10 PM

Ok well, after my first reaction in this thread, so I know why he did it and I am happy for him that he could achieve a dream he never thought would be possible ;) but that for Markus personal. When am thinking about what I like from the Dakota stuff that has been released in recent years, stuff like Amsterdam, other Compilation Dakota tracks and intro's I forget to mention, stuff like Johnny the fox and Chinook, then when I hear this vocal shit, am like dude WTF :( So ok, I will never like the vocal mix, the video etc, but am not mad at Markus, he made one of his dreams become reality, thats great! ;)

+1

fridaycoffee
17-05-11, 09:10 PM
after reading the blog post..the video makes sense a bit...but if you watch it without knowing the story behind, you cant really figure out the idea..just some scenes thrown one after another :)

the video should have told the story if it would have been well done :geek:

i mean Markus could have done some breakdance moves in the clip..some flashbacks him in past.. then present ..from where he begin..and where he is now...stuff like this

but i guess there isnt time/money for an artistic video :twisted: i suppose

james
17-05-11, 09:20 PM
Armada's music videos rarely tell a coherent story. Most of the time it's just people having a good time, some dancing, etc.

I'm not sure how much of that falls on the producer who made the song.

fridaycoffee
17-05-11, 09:34 PM
oh it was done by Armada..that explains all..i thought artists would have a bigger involvement

nido
17-05-11, 09:36 PM
:( bad vocal remix....the original mix is a stormer

CarlosSR
17-05-11, 10:40 PM
fridaycoffee, Markus almost did bust a move just before filming, people started going nuts!

PatMcGroin
17-05-11, 11:20 PM
i was at the video shoot and i dont think armada was involved. the video director was buster, the guy who used to the voice overs for the party 93.1 live sets in miami when it was still alive and kicking. he later worked or still works with a3 tv im not sure on all the exact details. but yea he was the one directing all the shots and talking about how it will be edited. dont think he works for armada although i could be wrong.

fridaycoffee, Markus almost did bust a move just before filming, people started going nuts!

lol yea that shit was hilarious. wish he woulda kept going.

CarlosSR
18-05-11, 12:44 AM
Well the whole video is really comprised many elements to Markus, which is why I was surprised at the initial reactions to it.

Anyways, time to look on to Thurday's GDJB.

james
18-05-11, 01:10 AM
I ono, the video screams generic Armada video...(except the breakdancing)

Maybe Markus brought the breakdance and Space idea...Armada brought the typical people at an event having a good time idea, and Buster put it together?

But obviously I ono. Most Armada videos are just so similar to each other in my opinion that I think there has to be someone or some people from Armada who have influence/direction/production over all of them.

CuervoELektro
18-05-11, 02:37 AM

Don't forget about me :D

I foken love it too!!!!

CarlosSR
18-05-11, 02:42 AM
Well think of it this way, when you go to a club, people are dancing and having a good time.

The fact that a lot of videos are like this is due to the nature of the music that we enjoy, club music, meant to be danced to at clubs.

If it was rock, the generization would be mosh pits.

Plus if it was a pure Armada controlled thing, it would be plainly obvious. Have you guys actually gone to their site? It's getting awfully close to commercial dance, even with the huge talent.

The video really is far from commercial, and those of us fans should recognize a few familiar faces through out the vid.

Well I'm done, I'll go to work tonight and get my Sleepwalking on :D

CarlosSR
18-05-11, 02:45 AM
One last thing, I'm tired of beating a dead horse, but, you guys know Markus really loves his fans, he makes it a priority to meet the fans after each gig.

So why would including the fans in the video be an Armada idea? Seems like it's more up Markus alley.

james
18-05-11, 03:10 AM
You are putting way too much thought into this.

CarlosSR
18-05-11, 04:19 AM
LOL, sorry I'll lay off now.

Hayley
18-05-11, 07:34 AM

Haters gonna hate. We all have our opinions. That's the just the nature of fans/supporters alike.

And like i said, i'm not putting the gun to the head and ending my life just right there.

Honestly i come to appreciate the vocal mix a little more as at the end of the day Markus is like each and every one of us here. A fan. So let's just leave it as that.

You've soon changed your tune!

Globalgirl
18-05-11, 02:10 PM
We had 10 days from start to finish to put together the video. This was done in-house by the Coldharbour peeps. Our vision, our video.

And Markus doesn't bust out the windmill anymore. I'm not interested in him cracking a foot on the camera. Yes, it happened. I'll see if we still have the footage and I'll post it. One of the dancers spun right into a camera.

It is exactly what we wanted and we're all very happy with it. Would have been better if Alex had danced a bit more though :)

CarlosSR
18-05-11, 10:48 PM
Yeah I saw a rew cameos in the first few seconds of the vid.

Angie, Alex, Heather, and I think one of his friends from a video Heather posted a while back.

NeoGeo2k
19-05-11, 03:22 PM
I read Markus Blog finally now.

I'm so happy for Markus... Markus Do have still dreams :)

When you know more about the details and the making of, the storie behind such a symbol Video... you watch it with different eyes.

The Video is pure fun :)

You guys from CH should inform us fans better.. i mean gives us more infos about some things.

It's really sad that we get these infos *faster* after bad reactions for the video.

Alright,
it's time for sleepwalking now... I love it

jdub889
19-05-11, 03:58 PM
i managed to refrain from posting after i watched it once, then came back a couple days and it had really grown on me. it's always hard to listen with an open mind to a new mix of a song you love.

that being said, i noticed that whereas the original mix seems to grow in energy as the track goes along, this one starts with a bang and then fades a bit as it progresses. not sure why that is, just observing.

also, i saw angie and alex but didn't catch anyone else? where are you in the vid, heather?

jdub889
19-05-11, 04:06 PM
oh, and rotunda on the commercial at the end makes me wish it kept going :P

CarlosSR
19-05-11, 05:27 PM
Heather is at the beginning, she receives the flyer from Angie.

TomBailey
20-05-11, 10:05 AM
I have kept my powder dry on this & certainly don't want to seem like I'm hating for no reason.

Aside from everything else (and I appreciate that context is pivotal to understanding anything) I have two thoughts:

1) Markus is a legend - his music basically transformed me from a bosh monkey into someone who loves progressive dance music. I have since moved on to deeper pastures and prefer techno & darker (less trancey) prog. I have the utmost respect for Markus and what he does. His fan involvement is second to none and his blogs, forum, radio show & all around excellence dictate that he is the only trance DJ I would pay to see any more.

2) Despite all of this I have to say that this track is abysmal. I think some people are being blinded by the story (I understand the personal nature of this and wholly congratulate Markus on achieving his dream of working with his idols) and as such are not treating this as what it is meant to be; i.e. a piece of music! I mean seriously, have an opinion and don't shoot other people's down with the 'you don't understand' or 'take music less seriously' vibe.

I'm not reading too much into this and I won't lose sleep over it (I'm sure Markus will follow it up with more credible and successful productions), BUT this track is abhorent, simple as. That's my opinion and if I am to be shot down for expressing it then so be it.

I just think that some people on here get way too defensive.