Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Sleepwalkers / Sinners Remixes

Release Label: Coldharbour Recordings Red
Release Code: COLD027
Release Date: May 16th 2011

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/ImpactPlayaz/Coldharbour/COLD027.jpg

Sleepwalkers (Original Mix)
Sinners (Khomha Remix)
Sinners (Aerofoil Remix)

Available to purchase digitally on Beatport by Clicking Here (http://tinyurl.com/cold027bp)

He’s one of the top DJs and producers across the circuit, and fans worldwide are anticipating Markus Schulz’s 2011 Dakota contribution more than anything else. With the original mix of Sinners wetting the appetite back in February, Markus now presents the second single from his upcoming Thoughts Become Things II album, entitled “Sleepwalkers”, and it’s a colossal speaker-smackdown.

Debuted during the Prague ’11 Release Party in SaSaZu and captured by many fans in the audience, the track became viral on YouTube, despite not having a revealed identity. Following plays at three sold out nights at Club Space in Miami; Sleepwalkers caused insatiable raptures during the ASOT 500 events in Buenos Aires and Den Bosch, causing Markus Schulz to become a worldwide twitter trend. The result: a huge radio-baiting, block-rocking club-tumbler that’ll throw open the door to summer 2011!

Complimenting Sleepwalkers is a pair of remixes exploring different dimensions of Sinners. Medellin’s Khomha has been earmarked by Markus as one of the names to watch in 2011, notably for his contribution to Prague ’11 in the form of Rainy in the Night. His remix of Sinners caused dancefloor madness during Markus’ latest residency appearance at Marquee in Las Vegas, as well as tearing the dancefloor down at the Bal en Blanc extravaganza in Montreal.

And making a name in his own right is Nijmegen’s Aerofoil; about to make his bow on Coldharbour Recordings with his Caress 2 Impress EP, he gives Sinners a dark and twisted treatment, and one which has been frequently supported both in the clubs and on Global DJ Broadcast.

Alive and ruthless, Sleepwalkers takes no prisoners. Just ask anyone who has reacted feverishly to it in the live environment.

Sleepwalkers (Original Mix)

[youtube:2f9q31qn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5lR8sVN5k[/youtube:2f9q31qn]

Sinners (Khomha Remix)

[youtube:2f9q31qn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA--VG5IeqA[/youtube:2f9q31qn]

Sinners (Aerofoil Remix)

[youtube:2f9q31qn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIc36G1zyrI[/youtube:2f9q31qn]

Daydreamer
06-05-11, 06:22 PM
May 16th already while the videos say May 30th, can't wait!!! :D But too bad that Sleepwalkers' breakdown is short and not in the middle.

NeoGeo2k
06-05-11, 06:36 PM
Great Release...........
WoooooooooooW Sleepwalkers kills every Club :o

Love it :P

Trance+Design=ME
06-05-11, 08:34 PM
How about the music video? :)

CarlosSR
06-05-11, 09:14 PM
If I remember correctly the video should be out by the 15th, I think.

ANDY
06-05-11, 09:21 PM
Heyyy My Sinners! hehe!!!!.....Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Sinners (KhoMha Remix) ..... Check A Preview Of My RMX To One Of The Most BIG DJS IN THE WORLD MARKUS SCHULZ!!....Out 30th May By (Coldharbour)Armada Music!!

On Khoma facebook.

Release date is 30th or 16th ?

imported_GDJB
07-05-11, 12:06 AM
Hello everyone,

To answer a few questions...Beatport will have exclusive on the track beginning May 16, with the full worldwide release May 30 on portals.

May 16 will also be the debut of the Sleepwalkers music video!

CarlosSR
07-05-11, 08:29 AM
Will the Sleepwalkers video be up for sale like the Do You Dream video on iTunes?

Voodoo Child
07-05-11, 12:16 PM
Great release! Sleepwalkers is so full of energy. I also like the remixes of Sinners.

PatMcGroin
07-05-11, 02:45 PM
May 16 will also be the debut of the Sleepwalkers music video!

awesome! 8-)

Davis
08-05-11, 07:48 PM
cant wait : )

Voodoo Child
11-05-11, 04:36 PM
What a big surprise it is already out now on Beatport! And there are also extended vocal and radio mixes of Sleepwalkers.

Voodoo Child
11-05-11, 04:46 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9103/folderkf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/folderkf.jpg/)

I think the cover has too much Text.

Daydreamer
11-05-11, 05:16 PM
I don't see it: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... mada_music (https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/label/detail/7891/coldharbour_red_recordings_(armada_music))
Sometimes releases get leaked before the official release date... just a reminder. :roll:

It's a real surprise that the EP contains radio vocal mixes, anyway I like it because it's good for Markus' popularity. Won't buy those myself though.

Voodoo Child
11-05-11, 05:49 PM
The 5 tracks are currently only visible if you have "Tracks" selected, not "Releases": https://www.beatport.com/de-DE/html/content/track/catalog/?contextType=artists&contextName=Markus%20Schulz&contextEntityId=1728. As you said may be due to a leak at beatport.

I will not by the vocal tracks, too. When I pre-listened them I did not like them. I started with buying Original Mix of Sleepwalkers and the Aerofoil Remix and they are great!

Daydreamer
11-05-11, 05:57 PM
The 5 tracks are currently only visible if you have "Tracks" selected, not "Releases": https://www.beatport.com/de-DE/html/content/track/catalog/?contextType=artists&contextName=Markus%20Schulz&contextEntityId=1728. As you said may be due to a leak at beatport.

I will not by the vocal tracks, too. When I pre-listened them I did not like them. I started with buying Original Mix of Sleepwalkers and the Aerofoil Remix and they are great!
Now I see them, thank you! :)

The vocal mix is the most awful track in the history of Coldharbour Red, but as I said earlier I hope the commercial radiostations will make it become overplayed.

Globalgirl
11-05-11, 06:32 PM
There was a little "oops" there with the vocal versions on Beatport. It's not out until next week. It's pretty cool and definately unexpected from Markus.

Slaveofreality
11-05-11, 06:59 PM
Damn guess it's only for sale in Europe. It's not appearing in the USA beatport. I wanted to buy sleepwalkers now!!!

RoDion K
11-05-11, 07:27 PM
already on sale or not?

MoscowSystem
11-05-11, 07:40 PM
Those vocal mixes SUX! what a disaster :/

modthispny
11-05-11, 07:44 PM
Those vocal mixes SUX! what a disaster :/

it was probably done just for fun.

wouldn't think much of it.

ohcrapitsnico
11-05-11, 08:09 PM
Its on the US beatport but it doesn't seem to be available for purchase. :(

talala
11-05-11, 08:20 PM
wtf!! :x vocal versions?? awful!!

SKTranceFan
11-05-11, 08:33 PM

Now I see them, thank you! :)

The vocal mix is the most awful track in the history of Coldharbour Red, but as I said earlier I hope the commercial radiostations will make it become overplayed.

Theres an aerofoil remix of sleepwalkers?

MarkusSchulz
11-05-11, 08:34 PM

Actually to be honest, I am banning anyone who is a member of these forums from listening to the vocal version. :lol:

I knew and I told EVERYONE that you guys would all react that way.

You know what....I don't even care, I did it anyways. I worked in the studio with Melle Mel and Scorpio (from the Furious Five) who were HUGE idols of mine in my breakdance days. Even Big Bad Hank from the Sugar Hill gang was hanging in the studio with us and it was the most amazing time. Both Mel and Scorpio are fans and wanted to do something together and there was no way I was turning down the opp.

I love you guys, but man...give me a little bit of space to have fun. Plus, If this track gets even half the airplay or attention that some of these other crossover dance tunes gets, then allot of the other things you guys complain about (Set times, bookings, billing) work themselves out.

Arteey
11-05-11, 08:42 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226917_215146495171625_208482305838044_813915_8754 70_n.jpg

james
11-05-11, 08:50 PM
I'm kinda surprised people are freaking out about the vocal version...it's not like Markus has forced it on anyone! He's only played the original mix for us so far. That vocal mix is just there for those who might like it.

james
11-05-11, 08:52 PM
Theres an aerofoil remix of sleepwalkers?

Aerofoil Remix is of Sinners

MarkusSchulz
11-05-11, 08:52 PM
I'm kinda surprised people are freaking out about the vocal version...it's not like Markus has forced it on anyone! He's only played the original mix for us so far. That vocal mix is just there for those who might like it.

Very true...but don't test me...I will play it on GDJB and even make it the Global Selection Winner... go ahead try me. :lol:

CarlosSR
11-05-11, 08:57 PM
Yup, Markus was telling me how some of you guys might not like the vocal edits. Personally, I like them since it's different and meaningful.

As for me, I'll keep supporting. That comment that it is one of the worst releases on CH Red is very unfair. As long as Markus has fun in the studio and makes meaningful productions, then keep at it.

Markus really knows his fans, and I think we should give the vocal mix a chance before being narrow minded.

james
11-05-11, 09:01 PM

Very true...but don't test me...I will play it on GDJB and even make it the Global Selection Winner... go ahead try me. :lol:

GDJB is okay...but if you play it live during a set I come to!

THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY! 8-)

Hayley
11-05-11, 09:06 PM

Actually to be honest, I am banning anyone who is a member of these forums from listening to the vocal version. :lol:

You know what....I don't even care, I did it anyways. I worked in the studio with Melle Mel and Scorpio (from the Furious Five) who were HUGE idols of mine in my breakdance days. Even Big Bad Hank from the Sugar Hill gang was hanging in the studio with us and it was the most amazing time. Both Mel and Scorpio are fans and wanted to do something together and there was no way I was turning down the opp.

I love you guys, but man...give me a little bit of space to have fun. Plus, If this track gets even half the airplay or attention that some of these other crossover dance tunes gets, then allot of the other things you guys complain about (Set times, bookings, billing) work themselves out.

Well said Markus!!! :D

Some people just LOVE to complain! You won't win either way! Half these forum members probably aren't even old enough to remember these guys.

[youtube:ctzjngfl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChjLMbXVrU[/youtube:ctzjngfl]

Seriously, look how damn cool they were :P

MarkusSchulz
11-05-11, 09:16 PM
The funnies was when we were filming the video at Space...and I came rolling out with Mel and Scorpio! People where like...Ummmm....WTF????

How cool is it though to hear Mel rapping "We came here to rev your motor...Markus Schulz, the new joint AKA Dakota"

Do you guys realize they are the first rap group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame...that's freakin royalty right there!

Slaveofreality
11-05-11, 09:30 PM
So much hate haha

I for one think the vocal version isn't half bad at all. I'm glad Markus decided to work with 2 legends of early true hip hop and not some trendy pop stars *cough * Tiesto & Three Six Mafia *cough* xD

Come on everyone give Markus a break here. Like he said it was all in good fun. You know sometimes artists make music for themselves and clearly he enjoyed working with them.

MarkusSchulz
11-05-11, 09:34 PM
It's not hate...I know all the guys on here. They just take things really seriously. It's all good though. I can appreciate that. Like I said, I knew and told everyone that the MS forums are going to have to be put on Prozac for a few weeks.

Slaveofreality
11-05-11, 09:37 PM
It's not hate...I know all the guys on here. They just take things really seriously. It's all good though. I can appreciate that. Like I said, I knew and told everyone that the MS forums are going to have to be put on Prozac for a few weeks.

Haha everyone is going to be sleepwalking zombies on the Prozac :lol:

james
11-05-11, 09:59 PM
Ya, the reactions just confuse me...cause there's the version without the vocals sitting right there below it on beatport ;)

talala
11-05-11, 10:04 PM

Well said Markus!!! :D

Some people just LOVE to complain! You won't win either way! Half these forum members probably aren't even old enough to remember these guys.

[youtube:s5u7gghb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChjLMbXVrU[/youtube:s5u7gghb]

Seriously, look how damn cool they were :P

first of all, its my opinion that i dont like that version simple like that, an opinion. 8-)

Complain? You dont not have to generalize, look at my posts if u want, never a complaint. ;)

and finally, its a forum, its all about to make a point of view of the good or bad about what we listen..... and i almost forgot, of course Markus can have fun whenever he wants, im a huge fan i owe it to him i love his work!!

Btw, im 31 :D

Neruda
11-05-11, 11:17 PM
Like i always said: There're plenty of room in this world for all kind of preferences on music. Look at me, i'm a minimal-tech-experimental geek but i like the markus and dakota sounds. so really, i don't see the big deal if some likes or not some track, some artist, some gig, some whatever. At the end of the day, is the artist (in this case markus) who's making the music that he likes, therefore includes anything he wants to do. Just saying...

Hayley
12-05-11, 07:18 AM
first of all, its my opinion that i dont like that version simple like that, an opinion. 8-)

Complain? You dont not have to generalize, look at my posts if u want, never a complaint. ;)

and finally, its a forum, its all about to make a point of view of the good or bad about what we listen..... and i almost forgot, of course Markus can have fun whenever he wants, im a huge fan i owe it to him i love his work!!

Btw, im 31 :D

Good for you!!

Btw... I was quoting Markus, NOT YOU!

topereq
12-05-11, 09:18 AM
can someone post the sample of vocal mix ? 8-) i cant find it :?

CarlosSR
12-05-11, 09:24 AM
Just wait til Monday, you'll be hearing a lot of it hopefully ;)

Evening Twilight
12-05-11, 10:16 AM
Well its nothing to complain about. Let's let ears to judge those vocals.

Trance+Design=ME
12-05-11, 06:11 PM
Markus really doesn't care, as he's already said. If you guys could have just seen him, he was beyond excited. Imagine meeting and mixing with your all time heroes! That's what it was like for him. He was talking to Carlos and myself like he had just met God. I'm happy for you Markus, and remember Haters gonna hate.

CarlosSR
12-05-11, 06:29 PM
/\Yeah, I had a lot of fun that day, it was great to see Markus try something new.

If everybody did the same thing, the world would be quite boring, right?

Sheedy
12-05-11, 09:40 PM
I ain't heard it yet but... rap over sleepwalkers, probably the most underground song i've ever heard, sounds funny :mrgreen:

Don't see the problem with markus having a laugh, sums the guy up this release, mess with your head as much as possible :twisted: it's not like it's being promoted as tune of the year.

Is it still on beatport? would love to buy it now instead of the 16th :twisted:

MrE
12-05-11, 10:47 PM
Of all the tunes to have a rap vocal added to it, Sleepwalkers would pretty much be the last one i'd expect!

These guys are legends though, & if it helps to raise Markus' profile then why not? I'd love to see it give the latest Guetta abomination a good kicking when it comes to airplay!

If i see a Markus vs. Black Eyed Peas track anywhere in the future i might actually cry though.

PatMcGroin
16-05-11, 12:36 PM
its the 16th. cant wait to see the video. :D

Wojtus
16-05-11, 12:55 PM
Delayed

KoteQ
16-05-11, 12:57 PM
Hey where 's the EP i searched on beatport but it wasn't there

Evening Twilight
16-05-11, 01:14 PM
Hey where 's the EP i searched on beatport but it wasn't there

I think its a bit delayed, same as few latest releases

Wojtus
16-05-11, 01:20 PM
I just listened the vocal version is absolutely horrible very similar to c'mon by Tiesto and Busta something like this. I don't understand make vocal edit to bangin track :(

Daydreamer
16-05-11, 04:54 PM
Out now on Beatport: http://beatport.com/s/r1y9Tb

CarlosSR
16-05-11, 05:08 PM
The video is up!!!!! Yes I am also in it. Stop at the 1:48 mark and look to the right ;)

The video shoot was very very fun and I hope Markus does something like this again.

P.S. The vocal mix came out great actually, a throwback to breakdance tunes.
http://youtu.be/n_jzv_ASgHM?hd=1

EddyAB
16-05-11, 06:38 PM
Sinners (Khomha Remix)

The best.

audioex3
16-05-11, 07:34 PM
Purchased! Sleepwalkers is my anthem for 2011 so far! 8-) Great job Markus!

CarlosSR
16-05-11, 08:06 PM
Also bought! First saw the video (loved it!) and now I'm listening to the songs. 8-)

Neruda
16-05-11, 10:14 PM
Just bought the remix of Sinners by KhoMha and the Original Mix of Sleepwalkers.

Ericc B
16-05-11, 10:23 PM
Just saw the vid for that "vocal" version of Sleepwalkers.

I'm an old fart too and I probably have equally huge respect for what Mel and Scorpio did back in the days with the Furious Five as Markus has. Still have ALL their vinyls. But being legends is no excuse to put them on a 2011 dance track, especially if they perform this horrible. They're barely rapping, it's just a bunch of shouts mostly.

This really is beyond any good taste and production wise far far worse than that disgraceful track Guetta did with Snoop. I am really sorry Markus, nothing personal but this is the worst thing you ever recorded.

modthispny
16-05-11, 10:59 PM
love sleepwalkers!

talala
17-05-11, 05:08 PM
i dont like the vocal version... but i bought it! always supporting Markus no matter what! 8-)

Havana
17-05-11, 05:54 PM
Admittedly I was a bit surprised when I heard this vocal version, not something I expected from Markus. But after a few listens and one purchase later (:P) I'm hooked! I think in this day and age, to be a great producer, you gotta try something fresh and new, and that's just what Markus has done here, created something a little different to what we expect. Great job sir, I'm a fan :)

Grz3chu 92
18-05-11, 05:20 AM
After over a 1000 votes, the correct answer is Markus Schulz! I will be remixing his latest single, Sleepwalkers (the insturmental) ;)

Daydreamer
18-05-11, 06:04 AM
After over a 1000 votes, the correct answer is Markus Schulz! I will be remixing his latest single, Sleepwalkers (the insturmental) ;)
Another Arnej production on Coldharbour, great!

james
18-05-11, 12:13 PM
That'll be interesting. Looking forward to samples.

DoMarcikar
18-05-11, 05:37 PM
Arnej is one of my favourite producer. I'm serious. They Need Us, Dust in the Wind, Holly cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oowshit.

CarlosSR
18-05-11, 10:53 PM
Yeah I hope we keep seeing Arnej collaborating more with Coldharbour, he is second to Markus in my book.

ohcrapitsnico
19-05-11, 02:50 AM
I'm reallllyyy leery of an Arnej remix, I have not liked his remixes at all..only Sanctuary and Killed the Love. Either total failure or win for me here I think...

Would prefer another They Always Come Back. 8-)

fridaycoffee
01-06-11, 06:07 PM
Dakota vs. Mr. Pit vs. Above & Beyond – Shana Sleepwalkers :lol:

Suceed
02-06-11, 02:41 PM
Dakota - Sleepwalkers remix finished, it's probably the most intense Arnej production to date! // Arnej's FB Page
Sounds good. We need some bangin'stuff :D

meshblorg
13-06-11, 08:07 PM
Wrote up a review of when he debuted his track at the Avalon here in L.A.

http://lessthan3.com/#!/2011/05/markus- ... avalon-la/ (http://lessthan3.com/#!/2011/05/markus-schulz-the-avalon-la/)

:mrgreen:

Rick Valentine
01-07-11, 12:45 PM
The first time i heard Sleepwalkers it didnt do much for me but then it was growing on me quickly the as soon as i heard it live i was sold, but as for "Sinners" Khomha has saved the day with this release with his remix imo, even though everyone rates the original mix it hurts me to say im not keen on it.

And for people who are complaining about vocal version of Sleepwalkers, hell if you had the chance to work with your idol you would jump at that chance and that's what Markus did.
Its not like its a new route Markus is taking and its not like you will hear it in live sets, it was for fun and im sure it was amazing to work alongside someone you consider your idol!!!!