PDA

View Full Version : 5.21.11 - Markus Schulz w/ Kristina Sky @ Avalon Los Angeles

jdub889
23-03-11, 09:10 PM
a bit in the future, but i'm already getting jacked up for this one. so far only ksky is listed as opening for markus, so hopefully he gets to go on early and stretch it out until 5 in the morning like he did last year. ;)

(sorry in advance modthispny, sucks you won't be able to make it :()

modthispny
23-03-11, 09:15 PM
a bit in the future, but i'm already getting jacked up for this one. so far only ksky is listed as opening for markus, so hopefully he gets to go on early and stretch it out until 5 in the morning like he did last year. ;)

(sorry in advance modthispny, sucks you won't be able to make it :()

haha, no worries jdub.

even though ill be in vegas im almost certain going to shed a tear that night for missing this. lol

AndyM989
24-03-11, 05:39 AM
I can't wait for tickets to go on sale for this!! I was so pumped when Kristina Sky posted this on facebook. Hoping it's a longer set as well.

jywuster
25-03-11, 11:32 PM
WooHoo! Going to this one for sure!! Did anyone catch in Markus blog mentioning a possibility of an extended set?

modthispny
26-03-11, 12:46 AM
WooHoo! Going to this one for sure!! Did anyone catch in Markus blog mentioning a possibility of an extended set?

he played for 4 hrs last yr..1-5(even though they tried to cut him at 4), avalon always stays open late so you should definitely expect an extended set.

jywuster
18-04-11, 12:44 AM
Just bought my ticket pre-sale ticket!
http://www.wantickets.com/Events/ShowEv ... TicketInfo (http://www.wantickets.com/Events/ShowEvent.aspx?eventId=89108&activeTab=EventTicketInfo)

modthispny
18-04-11, 01:48 AM
me too.

hopefully we can get a 5+ hr set

jdub889
09-05-11, 07:21 AM
ugh, with all this talk about an extended set i got my hopes up, but it turns out markus is going on even later than last year (1:00 vs. 12:30 last yr) ... i guess he can theoretically play as long as he likes, but i think the chances of a >4 hr set are slim now :(

Slaveofreality
09-05-11, 07:39 AM
ugh, with all this talk about an extended set i got my hopes up, but it turns out markus is going on even later than last year (1:00 vs. 12:30 last yr) ... i guess he can theoretically play as long as he likes, but i think the chances of a >4 hr set are slim now :(

Markus went on from 1 to 5 last year and on the event page on facebook it says 1:00 A.M. to ??? for the timeslot so I still have much hope :D

jdub889
09-05-11, 03:31 PM
from markus' facebook this morning:

Starting the countdown to the release of the Do You Dream DVD this weekend. Club footage taken from Avalon in Los Angeles, where I'll be returning on Saturday May 21. And just to please the SoCal faithful, it will be the next GDJB World Tour Recording. :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

modthispny
09-05-11, 05:49 PM
markus was 1-5 last year...but then the club closed when he finished. this time around it will stay open longer since its a sat night vs sun night so we might get a very long set from him.

jdub889
10-05-11, 04:34 AM
markus was 1-5 last year...but then the club closed when he finished. this time around it will stay open longer since its a sat night vs sun night so we might get a very long set from him.

ooh, you're right, i forgot it was a sunday last year... well good! i'm in a much better mood now :)

jywuster
12-05-11, 12:54 AM

Starting the countdown to the release of the Do You Dream DVD this weekend. Club footage taken from Avalon in Los Angeles, where I'll be returning on Saturday May 21. And just to please the SoCal faithful, it will be the next GDJB World Tour Recording. :)

That just made my entire week. I was already looking forward to this, now that it's gonna be a GDJB World Tour?!! I did dream, and it came true. :D

jywuster
15-05-11, 01:16 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100355396509401&set=a.578539450201.2244306.6002456&type=1&theater FOund this outside of A&B group therapy.

Slaveofreality
15-05-11, 04:16 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100355396509401&set=a.578539450201.2244306.6002456&type=1&theater FOund this outside of A&B group therapy.

The pic isn't showing up. What is it?

modthispny
15-05-11, 05:54 PM
here is the flyer from hollywood palladium last night.

the quality is amazing, something i definitely want signed.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/298896889.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305479427&Signature=h6G4n7W8nEBKyHqhiL5OQ3gIF84%3D

AndyM989
16-05-11, 04:19 AM

This news just infinitely makes the anticipation even more!! So happy I get to see him in San Diego as well!

jywuster
16-05-11, 07:42 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/k1p8qh.jpg Here is the pic that I meant to put up.

modthispny
18-05-11, 01:21 AM
so it looks like he's on from 1 - 4 am, kind of disappointing.

hopefully he'll play longer, but i guess it's better than nothing.

jdub889
18-05-11, 05:54 AM
so it looks like he's on from 1 - 4 am, kind of disappointing.

hopefully he'll play longer, but i guess it's better than nothing.

FAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

well, looks like it's up to us to make sure markus is having such a good time by 4:00 that he decides to keep going ;)

modthispny
18-05-11, 06:00 AM
we definitely appreciate you doing this gig in spite of recent events, if at all possible, please play an extended set at Avalon on friday night, 1-4 is too short for a true markus set!

thanks and see you on the dance floor

Slaveofreality
18-05-11, 06:26 AM
Yes Markus can you please do whatever you can to play longer than 3 hours at Avalon. I realize that it's most likely out of your hands but can you try and convince your management to allow you to play at least 4 hours or more. Your set last years was of the best set's I have ever heard from the countless time's I have seen you and certainly was one the best nights of my life. It was so awesome to have finally witnessed in person a 4 hour set from you. You know that Southern California has some of most loyal and dedicated Coldharbour Citizens in the world. Like modthispny said we really appreciate and thank you for still doing this gig in these trying times for you. Regardless of the set times it is still going to be an amazing night. So I think I speak for all the So.Cal faithful when I say this. Please if possible try and give us a proper long Markus set, we would love to go down the rabbit hole. You play long extended sets in many other cities and I think LA should be right up there with the rest. Thank you Markus from everything you do for us your loyal fans. You will awlays be our number 1 DJ!!!

jdub889
18-05-11, 06:40 AM
+100000 ... can't remember the last time i had as much fun as i did when markus played for 4+ hours last year :)

jlokum
18-05-11, 07:03 AM
Please let Markus play an extended set!! This is going to be the next GDJB World Tour episode and a 3 hr set isn't enough! Last year he at least played 4 and a half hours. Los Angeles really deserves more than just 3 hrs, there are many loyal Coldharbour fans looking forward to this night!

Thank you,
Jessica

msilin
18-05-11, 07:31 AM
+1

Markus - we haven't had you back for a proper club set since last year, on my birthday. This year I'm coming back for another birthday outing with some big fans of yours. It would be awesome to hear an extended set from you - go down the rabbit hole, as you say. We would all be grateful if this could happen!

Markus_Addict23
18-05-11, 04:41 PM
Markus and crew:
Please try your best to play 4+ hours on this special night. It's rare to get the best in so. CA and for 3 hours? It's a world tour and Do you dream LA needs more markus. I never miss a markus event around here. Been a fan for many years. Thank you and your brother is in our prayers Markus!!

modthispny
18-05-11, 05:05 PM
this is exactly what we need, keep it going people!!

modthispny
18-05-11, 05:11 PM
when you guys tweet him, use the following hash tag.

#extendedavalonset

jywuster
18-05-11, 05:47 PM
+1

Markus - we haven't had you back for a proper club set since last year, on my birthday. This year I'm coming back for another birthday outing with some big fans of yours. It would be awesome to hear an extended set from you - go down the rabbit hole, as you say. We would all be grateful if this could happen!
Agreed!

exiveres
18-05-11, 06:16 PM
This would be really nice.

I will be there! :D

sweetcandy girl
19-05-11, 02:23 AM
I would love to have a 7+ hour set! Avalon is open till 8 or 9am! We can hang Markus! I know when Digweed comes into town he plays until the kick us out ;)

AndyM989
19-05-11, 03:40 AM
Yes Markus, SoCal Coldhabour fans would be much appreciated for a 4+ hour extended set. I've personally been looking forward to this event ever since it was announced months ago!

modthispny
19-05-11, 06:22 AM
I would love to have a 7+ hour set! Avalon is open till 8 or 9am! We can hang Markus! I know when Digweed comes into town he plays until the kick us out ;)

seriously.

if there is any club in so.cal that will allow a marathon set..it's avalon.

you played for 5.5 hrs at NYE at ruby skye and it was incredible..

make all of our wishes come true and play a super long set.. =)

amberella06
19-05-11, 02:05 PM
You guys are getting a WT episode! NICE!

modthispny
19-05-11, 05:58 PM
You guys are getting a WT episode! NICE!

yep!

WT's are always awesome because you can relive the memory by listening to the set.

contium
19-05-11, 09:53 PM
7 hour set! 7 hour set! 7 hour set!

Yes, Avalon BEGS for extended dark sets.

Markus_Addict23
19-05-11, 10:52 PM
Glad to hear your brother is doing better. markus..........please please please play a long set. I will buy you pancakes at Mel's i know it's your favorite lol

modthispny
19-05-11, 11:00 PM
Glad to hear your brother is doing better. markus..........please please please play a long set. I will buy you pancakes at Mel's i know it's your favorite lol

who can say no to pancakes?

actually i can recall 2 guys :roll:

Nuggets23
19-05-11, 11:27 PM
Yes the so cal faithful needs an extended set!! We can never get enough of markus it's gonna b a hell of a night

jywuster
20-05-11, 12:35 AM
Avalon needs to make a retractable roof or a huge skylight so we can have some sunrise sessions!

jdub889
20-05-11, 05:28 AM

bahahahaha.

Markus_Addict23
20-05-11, 06:02 AM

bahahahaha.

:(

jdub889
20-05-11, 09:50 AM

bahahahaha.

:(

sorry, i was laughing at garen, not you... i'm down for mel's after the gig!

Markus_Addict23
20-05-11, 03:59 PM
I know I know. I'm sure Garen will tell you the story if he hasn't already.

Markus_Addict23
20-05-11, 04:02 PM
been waiting forever for markus to come to avalon again. last year was insane and had the best night of my life. I know god of trance/dark techno will not let us down.

modthispny
20-05-11, 05:13 PM
you can laugh Jeff, we deserve it.

so me and Markus_Addict23(arbi, you'll meet him tomorrow), after his gig at avalon last year they all went to breakfast(as you can see in the world tour dvd), we were invited to go but because of our third friend which we will no longer ever invite didn't want to go, we didn't go since he was our ride. looking back we could have just cabbed it, but when you're inside a club with music blaring for 6 hours and you come out to daylight..you don't think straight. :)

regardless, stoked for tomorrow, going to be an awesome time.

ryanthurlow
22-05-11, 02:03 AM
Gonna be a fun night tonight with all the LATA's out and ready to release. :x

jywuster
22-05-11, 03:39 PM
I don't know how he did it, but he topped himself from last year's set. Best night ever!

AndyM989
22-05-11, 04:04 PM
Well us SoCal Markus fan definitely got what we wanted. Markus took us on a nice journey for 6 hours! Words cannot describe how amazing the night was. Best night of my life!

modthispny
22-05-11, 05:53 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH MARKUS, playing until 7 AM WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD.

even though our bodies shut down and by 6:30 AM we had to leave..

those that stayed the whole time, what song did he close with? encore?

going back to the set, i would say the best markus set i've seen thus far, just absolutely brutal right from the beginning.

amberella06
22-05-11, 06:23 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH MARKUS, playing until 7 AM WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD.

even though our bodies shut down and by 6:30 AM we had to leave..

those that stayed the whole time, what song did he close with? encore?

going back to the set, i would say the best markus set i've seen thus far, just absolutely brutal right from the beginning.

that's so awesome! /jealous ;)

Markus_Addict23
22-05-11, 06:46 PM
Markus Schulz - thank you a thousand times for listening to us and murdering Avalon. Never been to such a great event. I tapped out after 6 hours and left at 7am. Words cannot describe you. LA loves Markus

modthispny
22-05-11, 06:54 PM
thank you so much Markus! made our wishes come true.

Slaveofreality
22-05-11, 10:25 PM
OMG words cannot describe how Amazing last night was. Thank you sooo much Markus for taking us on a incredible journey. We got what we wanted and then some. Best set ever!!!!!!

Slaveofreality
22-05-11, 10:26 PM
He closed it off with the Coldharbour remix of touch me :)

jywuster
22-05-11, 10:29 PM
what time did he end? I had to tap out at 6:30. My body was telling me to stop abusing it. hahah

jdub889
22-05-11, 10:36 PM
i managed to stick it out until 7 and got rewarded with without you near (afterhours mix), dark heart waiting (lost stories mix) and rui da silva - touch me (coldharbour mix) back-to-back-to-back to finish out. epic night.

i was so exhausted by the end that all i could say to markus afterward was 'dude, that was legendary.' haha. thank you markus for an unbelievable night.

Slaveofreality
22-05-11, 10:36 PM
The set seemed like it was pretty much an unofficial Thoughts Become Things Part 2 album release party with him playing many of the Dakota tracks which sounded amazing.

Just a crazy idea but it would just be the icing on the cake if Markus would be able to broadcast the entire set on like AH.FM since I know he recorded the whole thing. The energy and vibe of the crowd was unreal. It was a special epic night, you could feel we were witnessing something legendary last night. I know were going already getting the WT treatment tho so I am still grateful to Markus for picking LA to host it again.

jdub889
22-05-11, 10:49 PM
7:00 :) i was going to tap out at 6:00, but i figured since we all begged markus to play so long it would be silly to not stay till the end. so exhausted now. :)

Slaveofreality
22-05-11, 10:49 PM
He went until 7 so you didn't miss out on much more. The friends I was with and I requested Without you near the big room remix and he played it as one of the last tracks. It made me soooo happy to hear it and I know Markus loved us signing along :)

modthispny
23-05-11, 02:54 AM
[youtube:292bnwd3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QYXpvpwio[/youtube:292bnwd3]

modthispny
23-05-11, 05:17 AM
short intro snippet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXftLVEMuc

modthispny
23-05-11, 05:52 AM
The set seemed like it was pretty much an unofficial Thoughts Become Things Part 2 album release party with him playing many of the Dakota tracks which sounded amazing.

Just a crazy idea but it would just be the icing on the cake if Markus would be able to broadcast the entire set on like AH.FM since I know he recorded the whole thing. The energy and vibe of the crowd was unreal. It was a special epic night, you could feel we were witnessing something legendary last night. I know were going already getting the WT treatment tho so I am still grateful to Markus for picking LA to host it again.

the set definitely has what it takes for a broadcast on ah.fm.

who knows maybe he'll do it as a 'tbt2' special.

Daydreamer
23-05-11, 06:57 AM
short intro snippet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXftLVEMuc
Hard Rock Sofa & St. Brothers - Blow Up (Thomas Gold & Axwell Remix) ?

jywuster
23-05-11, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDJquIpgQE Can anyone ID this?

topereq
23-05-11, 10:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDJquIpgQE Can anyone ID this?
Delerium vs. Artento Divini pres. DTC vs. ID - Silence vs. Lift Off vs. ID (Markus Schulz Triple Mashup)

curs3d
23-05-11, 11:35 AM
I bet you guys had fun! Gonna hope he plays like this next month :O..

SergioS
23-05-11, 04:16 PM
[youtube:1jdann3t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QYXpvpwio[/youtube:1jdann3t]

Jordy Lishious - Lump (Original Mix)

Slaveofreality
23-05-11, 05:24 PM

the set definitely has what it takes for a broadcast on ah.fm.

who knows maybe he'll do it as a 'tbt2' special.

That would be so awesome if he used it as the release special. Probably not going to happen but hey there's always a slim chance. I didn't think he was going to play 6 hours but look what happened. There is hope :)

By the way it was nice meeting you briefly Garen. Hopefully next time we can get to chat a bit longer.

modthispny
23-05-11, 05:50 PM
That would be so awesome if he used it as the release special. Probably not going to happen but hey there's always a slim chance. I didn't think he was going to play 6 hours but look what happened. There is hope :)

By the way it was nice meeting you briefly Garen. Hopefully next time we can get to chat a bit longer.

likewise man. i have a good way of spotting out people that post on forums lol

modthispny
23-05-11, 05:55 PM
WHAT A TUNE, he played this very early so i'm hoping it's on the broadcast.

[youtube:25oyzx5v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Y_4uaNlD8[/youtube:25oyzx5v]