PDA

View Full Version : For The Genius " Rex Mundi "

reddevil09
08-03-11, 03:03 AM
I've always wanted to make a topic about how much i respect Boy, and what better day to make it then today? Yes the eagerly awaited triple EP by Mr Rex is upon us and with three absolutely compelling tracks: Valley of Dreams, Sandstone and Amazone, we can yet again say how a lot of the other producers should just look up to him. He is and will be one of the greatest producers that at least most of us will ever be able to listen too. From CLHR 76 - "Nothing at all" to possibly one of the Greatest songs iv'e ever heard i.e last year's, "Opera of the Northern Ocean" he proved how much of a Genius he is, CLHR 112 only proves he is much more then what we thought he was last year. Not just this year or last year, he's been producing songs after songs that just blows my mind every single time. So unique, so astonishing and so emotional, i doubt there's anyone who can come close to him when it comes to this "Genreless sounds of his". Yes i don't believe his songs limit to a specific genre, they are just insanely detailed and creates emotions that are very hard to describe. Sometimes its hard to think how he can come up with such things. Everything he makes basically sounds like some of my emotions have to come life. He has set the bar very high already by making some of the best songs to be released this year, and its just March! This might be a very weird way to put it, but mainly I made this topic just to make sure everyone else describe their feelings towards Boy and show how much we love him and owe him... hopefully we get Darren or Tim or Heather or Markus to show this to him sometime?

so, Thank you Boy... Thank you For everything you've done for us in terms of music.. you really are a Life Changer...

:)

jdub889
08-03-11, 03:44 AM
who?

jdub889
08-03-11, 03:45 AM
just kidding. love me some sexy rexy :D damn the man, save the empire...

Daydreamer
08-03-11, 10:35 AM
Boy should really read your post. :)

Yes i don't believe his songs limit to a specific genre, they are just insanely detailed and creates emotions that are very hard to describe.
I absolutely agree, all those little samples in the background of Valley of Dreams, genious.

CarlosSR
08-03-11, 03:38 PM
I wholeheartedly agree, Boy Hagemann delivers transcendental experiences with each new production. The Original version of Opera of Northern Ocean is on constant in my phone. VoD and Sandstone were two of my favorites on Prague'11.

I'm always interested in what sounds he can create with each new production.

reddevil09
08-03-11, 04:52 PM
Boy should really read your post. :)
[

hope he reads it! :)

gdjblaci
08-03-11, 06:03 PM
absulutely agree w this mate! REX FOR PRESIDENT! :D

dtR
08-03-11, 06:09 PM
I'm just wondering why markus didn't let Rex to remix any DYD track?

Sheedy
08-03-11, 06:17 PM
Mind blowing productions. Valley Of Dreams makes me think of packed dance floors with the lights on full beam during the breakdown, everybody's hands in the air not knowing what to do with themselves. Very few songs make me think of these great moments and memories. Nothing at All, Opera of Northern Ocean, Perspective, these songs and the great remixes of them evoke the same emotions. What a hero :!:

reddevil09
08-03-11, 06:18 PM
Deeter, whats funny is that i was just wondering that too... but i think the only reason why that didn't happen is cuz maybe the songs aren't necessarily something Rex would like to play with? idk... i would have loved to see a Rex remix for what could have been or 65.4hz \o/

SndL
08-03-11, 06:42 PM
He's definitely one hell of a producer and wish him nothing but best.I very well rememeber the feeling when Markus droped Opera for the first time.You knew you were listening to something ridiculously perfect.

Alex
08-03-11, 07:53 PM
100% true, my mate Red ;) Rex Mundi is one of this guys who inspirates me.

ika
08-03-11, 09:24 PM
Rex Mundi... This is perfection of the highest caliber ! His music mesmerize my soul. :)
When music speaks for itself : Perspective,Leaving Paradise, Scorpion, Sunrise In Ibiza,Opera Of Northern Ocean and now Valley of Dreams E.P. :D

reddevil09
08-03-11, 09:37 PM
Rex Mundi... This is perfection of the highest caliber ! His music mesmerize my soul. :)
When music speaks for itself : Perspective,Leaving Paradise, Scorpion, Sunrise In Ibiza,Opera Of Northern Ocean and now Valley of Dreams E.P. :D

all those are some of my all time favorites! :)

Rick Valentine
09-03-11, 07:23 PM
This guy needs to come out of hiding i don't think there is one track of his ive not played of his !!!!
Hell im still playing Scorpion & Desillusion is some of my live sets if im on earlier in the night, also this guy is really good with his baselines "Perspective" was amazing i was playing that at every opportunity along with the mashup Markus did, i remember him giving me a copy and i must of played it in every set for afew Months.
Now i have my hands on Sandstorm & Valley Of Dreams i cant wait to play these out at my next gig in a weeks time.

Its not very often i can pick out one or two tracks and say this is my favourite at the moment but Sandstorm has blown me away the breakdown is unbelievable as is the rest of the track, its not just a track its art !!!!

sjhilllandscapes
09-03-11, 07:29 PM
This guy needs to come out of hiding i don't think there is one track of his ive not played of his !!!!
Hell im still playing Scorpion & Desillusion is some of my live sets if im on earlier in the night, also this guy is really good with his baselines "Perspective" was amazing i was playing that at every opportunity along with the mashup Markus did, i remember him giving me a copy and i must of played it in every set for afew Months.
Now i have my hands on Sandstorm & Valley Of Dreams i cant wait to play these out at my next gig in a weeks time.

Its not very often i can pick out one or two tracks and say this is my favourite at the moment but Sandstorm has blown me away the breakdown is unbelievable as is the rest of the track, its not just a track its art !!!!

Considering his standing amongst Coldharbour citizens i know so little about him? I know his music should do the talking but why is he so low key??

reddevil09
09-03-11, 08:47 PM
This guy needs to come out of hiding

i don't want him too... he is good the way he is! :)

Rick Valentine
09-03-11, 08:54 PM
This guy needs to come out of hiding

i don't want him too... he is good the way he is! :)

I mean as in djing also, but maybe he doesn't want that and just to be a producer, aslong as he continues to make these beautiful noises, im happy

reddevil09
09-03-11, 09:08 PM
yeah mate! won't complaint if he does a guestmix and clhr day appearance every year! i'd be pretty happy :)