PDA

View Full Version : Global DJ Broadcast: World Tour - Chicago (03-03-2011)

Pages : 1 [2]

ImpactPlayaz
03-03-11, 07:39 PM
Invisble is really lovely. Great melody in it.

topereq
03-03-11, 07:40 PM
comet !

modthispny
love the intensity of comet!!

yooz2714
Any Surprises in this set guys ?? i missed the show ... :(

michal dybek
03-03-11, 07:41 PM
Comet Comet !!

fridaycoffee
Any Surprises in this set guys ?? i missed the show ... :(

just one :(

tfan10
massive episode 8-)

Rob
COMET! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

james
03-03-11, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Markus' recent sets are still dark trance with all those vocal and house tracks...

He plays a bit too much house/techno do really be a "trance" DJ anymore. And he's said it himself in just about every interview: he doesn't see himself as a "trance" DJ. He's just a DJ who incorporates some dark trance into his sets.

Daydreamer
03-03-11, 07:42 PM
Comet, Future Cities + some other recon or track could be a nice idea for CLHR150 or something... :P

modthispny
03-03-11, 07:44 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Markus' recent sets are still dark trance with all those vocal and house tracks...

He plays a bit too much house/techno do really be a "trance" DJ anymore. And he's said it himself in just about every interview: he doesn't seem himself as a "trance" DJ. He's just a DJ who incorporates some dark trance into his sets.

i don't think i would want to sit through 2 hours of trance...it's good to mix it up and IMO markus does an amazing job.

Rob
03-03-11, 07:44 PM
Perception in the Redlight District!!! :D :D

Daydreamer
03-03-11, 07:45 PM
6 months old

defusion
03-03-11, 07:46 PM
6 months old

and...

paolino
03-03-11, 07:47 PM

He plays a bit too much house/techno do really be a "trance" DJ anymore. And he's said it himself in just about every interview: he doesn't see himself as a "trance" DJ. He's just a DJ who incorporates some dark trance into his sets.

"he doesn't see himself as a "trance" DJ. He's just a DJ who incorporates some dark trance into his sets" Here is where his true talent lies, his on target song selection and his spot on selection of great techno/house tunes, not just any techno/house tunes like the ones tiesto picks for his earth-shatteringly bad sets of late. To me, incorporating different styles into a mix the way markus does it is a monumental success.

aakos
03-03-11, 07:48 PM
Perception in the Redlight District!!! :D :D

im getting tired of this stuff :mrgreen:

zzz

nido
03-03-11, 07:48 PM

"he doesn't see himself as a "trance" DJ. He's just a DJ who incorporates some dark trance into his sets" Here is where his true talent lies, his on target song selection and his spot on selection of great techno/house tunes, not just any techno/house tunes like the ones tiesto picks for his earth-shatteringly bad sets of late. To me, incorporating different styles into a mix the way markus does it is a monumental success.
+ 1

ImpactPlayaz
03-03-11, 07:49 PM
6 months old

Yeah and the whole world can buy it too. If you don't like it, turn off the stream. Simple.

Rob
03-03-11, 07:50 PM
Opera, still does the job perfectly :P

Daydreamer
03-03-11, 07:50 PM
6 months old

Yeah and the whole world can buy it too. If you don't like it, turn off the stream. Simple.
Ok I'll won't tell how old the next track is. :lol:

ImpactPlayaz
03-03-11, 07:52 PM
6 months old

Yeah and you can't buy this version in the shops either.

aakos
i'd appreciate some Pfirter sounds, not this overplayed tune :P

paolino
Why this line of thought? Some classics like this one are great in its original mix and can be even greater if they're remixed as it is this case. I love Markus's formula of remixing old classics, it adds a great euphoria touch to any set IMO. well this was a mashup, however not a fan of djs remixing tracks that are just perfect the way they are, when a
dj does a remix of a good tune that is 10 yrs old imo he wrecks it lol

Well then , it is just a matter of perception.

defusion
Opera Of The Northern Sea = Dancefloor Destroyer! Great track from Rex Mundi

Rob
03-03-11, 07:54 PM
6 months old

Ok well, am very critical at some points, but when u are standing at asot500 or what and he plays opera you aint say it's old i dont like it, in live events this is still a very solid track. ;) for me personally he should play old tracks way more from the period between coldharbour sessions 2004 and amsterdam 08, i would really dig that, new stuff isnt impressive enough for me to let the oldies go ;)

defusion
03-03-11, 07:55 PM

I bet you would be happy if you was there and it went off big time when it got dropped. You can't look at a World Tour set as a normal radio promotion show for new music, it's all about presenting a showcase of what you'd hear if you seen him live. I know for one i'd much prefer some older well known tracks to be dropped if i went to see him.

fridaycoffee
03-03-11, 07:56 PM
skip on to dakota ? :lol: or not

DoMarcikar
Hey, guys.

I've had to miss this episode, I've had to learn. The tracklist shows, It's one of the awesomest World Tour we ever could hear.

Thanks for playing Get Down City, man favourite track from 2011 so far.

Darren: Will you reveal the new Coldharbour Release after the show?

ImpactPlayaz

I bet you would be happy if you was there and it went off big time when it got dropped. You can't look at a World Tour set as a normal radio promotion show for new music, it's all about presenting a showcase of what you'd hear if you seen him live. I know for one i'd much prefer some older well known tracks to be dropped if i went to see him.

Nail on the head. :)

It's not just a radio audience, it's the live (and most importantly, paying) audience that has to matter.

And again, it's not like Markus is showing up with a completely pre-programmed set month after month playing the same tracks in the same order. There have been a load of tracks in tonight's set played on the World Tour for the first time.

paolino
No fire wire today :cry:

topereq
green valley ID \o/

michal dybek
03-03-11, 07:57 PM
Thx for listening. Till next time guys.

james
03-03-11, 07:57 PM
Ok well, am very critical at some points, but when u are standing at asot500 or what and he plays opera you aint say it's old i dont like it, in live events this is still a very solid track. ;) for me personally he should play old tracks way more from the period between coldharbour sessions 2004 and amsterdam 08, i would really dig that, new stuff isnt impressive enough for me to let the oldies go ;)

Agreed.

Hearing tracks that made Coldharbour what it is, no matter the year, is why I tune in.

DoMarcikar
03-03-11, 07:58 PM
Get Down City :twisted:

And you don't really liek it, beacuse the melody sounds like Johnny The Fox? :)

paolino
03-03-11, 07:58 PM
Great set Markus, thanks so much for the journey. This set is a serious contender to green valley's set last month. I'll have to listen to it again to see which one is better. See you guys.

nido
03-03-11, 07:59 PM
great WT...thank you Markus :P

DoMarcikar
Hey, guys.

I've had to miss this episode, I've had to learn. The tracklist shows, It's one of the awesomest World Tour we ever could hear.

defusion
Missed the start, but reall enjoyed what i heard today and will make the effort to download and listen the rest.

Outsiders, Sinners & Head Rush are still my faves! Massive tunes!

edit:

thanks for doing the tracklist Impact! 8-)

yooz2714
any new stuff in this set?? i hope there wont be ID's as always

Coxx
see you all next week!!!!

james
03-03-11, 08:00 PM
Really great set. The first hour was killer.

Great preview for Miami.

aakos

well they say Markus played a 4h set but we heard only 2h so i hope he played that one.
you are right, world tour is always different than the other episodes. 8-)

paolino
Hey, guys.

+1 ... Get down city is pure euphoria.

modthispny
03-03-11, 08:01 PM
great world tour!!

topereq
03-03-11, 08:01 PM
green valley ID FTW!

great set ! see ya next week :mrgreen:

bassembm1
03-03-11, 08:04 PM
see u next week guys ,, great set btw

aakos
03-03-11, 08:04 PM
green valley ID FTW!

great set ! see ya next week :mrgreen:

i agree! an ID finally showed up :lol:
awesome tune, cya next week ppl! 8-)

ramballo
03-03-11, 08:12 PM
Thank God for streamripper,,
will be repeating this beautiful set 3 times when i am at work :shock: :lol:
thats what i normally do :lol:

DoMarcikar
03-03-11, 09:12 PM
03. ID

Delerium - Silence (Remix)

Anyway it really really sounds like Timmy & Tommy.

Hayley
03-03-11, 09:17 PM
So fed up and fucking BORED with all the hating just lately!! :evil:

amberella06
04-03-11, 12:45 AM
Tracklist looks great---can't wait to listen! And a Special WMC episode next week?! SWEET! Just 1 week 'til I'm back in MIAMI!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

jdub889
04-03-11, 12:49 AM
03. ID

Delerium - Silence (Remix)

Anyway it really really sounds like Timmy & Tommy.

it's been played by artento divini, as can be seen in another thread.

Davis
04-03-11, 12:55 AM
I think Delerium - Silence (Remix) its Markus Schulz Mashup with ID Track 3

[youtube:2sg4dtap]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotlU-9PQD8[/youtube:2sg4dtap]

[youtube:2sg4dtap]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nue2Aj3rJas[/youtube:2sg4dtap]

ImpactPlayaz
04-03-11, 02:06 PM
For those of you who may have missed it, here is a video compiled by the guys at Vision / Insomniac of the night, and a little interview with Markus thrown in for good measure.

[youtube:h11hmmqz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfcZqdEbh4[/youtube:h11hmmqz]

jimmy-gellar
04-03-11, 04:19 PM
[youtube:19pv8n4h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKndIeRcNXA[/youtube:19pv8n4h]

this is my video and artento played it again on saturday in Czech republic, there is a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97eYRVHe ... dded#at=33 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97eYRVHehi0&feature=player_embedded#at=33)

artento gave me whole tracklist and this track is called

Artento Divini pres DTC - Lift Off

Davis
04-03-11, 04:31 PM
[youtube:s7w3tvo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKndIeRcNXA[/youtube:s7w3tvo0]

this is my video and artento played it again on saturday in Czech republic, there is a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97eYRVHe ... dded#at=33 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97eYRVHehi0&feature=player_embedded#at=33)

woohooooooo \o/

DoMarcikar
04-03-11, 05:05 PM
[youtube:2sz82c4q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKndIeRcNXA[/youtube:2sz82c4q]

I hope, It gets released soon.

Daydreamer
04-03-11, 05:47 PM

Good search! :)

CarlosSR
04-03-11, 06:58 PM
Another amazing episode, I had great fun in the chat.

See everybody next week.

gdjblaci
06-03-11, 05:40 AM

Good search! :)

:)

Davis
06-03-11, 10:44 AM
I back from entrance and W&W too put this track ; d it's massive \o/

DoMarcikar
06-03-11, 12:48 PM