PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz - Do You Dream: The Remixes Album

ImpactPlayaz
03-03-11, 01:26 PM
Markus Schulz - Do You Dream: The Remixes Album

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/ImpactPlayaz/MarkusForum/DoYouDreamRemixed.jpg

In 2010, Miami’s Markus Schulz embarked on his most challenging year to date. He accumulated almost 150 gigs over 12 months - an indicator of his status as one of the elite members on the DJ circuit, and solidifying that fact with consolidating the number 8 position in DJ Mag’s Top 100 for the third straight year. And the fuel behind his whirlwind tour schedule was attributed to his third critically-acclaimed artist album - the followup to previous long-players Without You Near and Progression - entitled “Do You Dream?”

In 2011, following an outstanding effort through his Prague ’11 compilation and with a second album under his Dakota alter-ego slated for arrival in the summer, the legacy of Do You Dream will also play an integral role in Markus Schulz’s year. And with his inaugural tour DVD coming soon; we present the penultimate chapter in this particular story - the Remixes album.

All 16 tracks from the original album have been anointed with remix treatment, with each producer or group carefully assigned a particular track in order to best demonstrate their unique interpretation of Markus’ sounds.

Kicking off with the mystic Alpha State, taken to another level and primed for the clubs by Coldharbour favorite Mike Foyle, the journey moves into broodier waters; with haunting basslines that could only be associated with popular German duo Cosmic Gate on Away. The euphoria of Rain is elevated to stadium-sized intensity thanks to the talented Dutchman Phynn - responsible for many a Coldharbour anthem in the past 12 months. The original of Rain was dedicated by Markus to the clubbing utopia of Las Vegas; and with a brand new residency launched at the new Marquee venue, the legacy of this track in particular runs in parallel with the Do You Dream story overall.

Another Dutch trio immediately follow, with Jochen Miller and Ferry Corsten delivering energetic bursts on Dark Heart Waiting and Do You Dream respectively. And in between lies a massive big room slant on Not the Same by Carlo Resoort – debuted to the world by Markus at New York’s Electric Zoo festival last September. Upcoming English duo Karanda turn Last Man Standing into a fun club track, whilst the emotional Surreal gets even deeper thanks to the distinguished sounds of Russian brothers Moonbeam.

Finnish pair Super8 & Tab provided superb work with their remix of the iconic Perception - one which proved to be a real moment of glory is Markus’ festival sets last summer. Maltese outfit Tenishia help bring Lifted to the forefront of the clubs also. And who could forget arguably Markus’ biggest ever track to date - The New World - remixed in tough and pounding fashion by Austrians Barnes & Heatcliff.

Inspired by drum n’ bass stalwarts such as Aphrodite from his days living in London, Markus himself turns to remix duty for the album, giving the chilled Lightwave a classic club feel. Likewise, Markus gives his Unsaid collaboration with the wonderful Nothing at All vocalist Susana a big room berth. Romanian star Mr. Pit adds another dimension to 65.4Hz with his unique mix of tech and melody; What Could Have Been is given the vintage Coldharbour treatment by Irish boys Tucandeo, and it leaves the final word for Estonia’s DNS Project, ending the CD on a euphoric note with his remix of Goodbye.

The album is a true reflection of not only Markus Schulz’s production sound, but also of his Coldharbour Recordings label, his Global DJ Broadcast radio show and his outstanding liveset performances. And judging by the reactions to each remix which has been presented to the public domain so far, the journey will be as enticing as the original album itself.

Do You Dream: The Remixes will be available from iTunes on Friday April 1st. Exclusive previews of all remixes will be presented via Markus’ Global DJ Broadcast radio show and the Armada Music YouTube Channel.

The Do You Dream legacy continues.

Disc 1:
01 Alpha State
02 Away (feat. Sir Adrian)
03 Rain
04 Dark Heart Waiting (feat. Khaz)
05 Not The Same (feat. Jennifer Rene)
06 Do You Dream (Uplifting Vocal Mix)
07 Last Man Standing (feat. Khaz)
08 Surreal (feat. Ana Criado)
09 Unsaid (feat. Susana)
10 Lifted (feat. Angelique Bergere)
11 Perception (feat. Justine Suissa)
12 The New World
13 Lightwave (feat. Angelique Bergere)
14 65.4 HZ
15 What Could Have Been
16 Goodbye (With Max Graham feat. Jessica Riddle)

Disc 2:
1. Alpha State (Mike Foyle Remix)
2. Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)
3. Rain (Phynn Remix)
4. Dark Heart Waiting (Jochen Miller Remix)
5. Not the Same (Carlo Resoort Remix)
6. Do You Dream (Ferry Corsten Remix)
7. Last Man Standing (Karanda Remix)
8. Surreal (Moonbeam Remix)
9. Unsaid (Big Room Club Mix)
10. Lifted (Tenishia Remix)
11. Perception (Super8 & Tab Remix)
12. The New World (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
13. Lightwave (Club Mix)
14. 65.4Hz (Mr. Pit Remix)
15. What Could Have Been (Tucandeo Remix)
16. Goodbye (DNS Project Remix)

EddyAB
03-03-11, 01:28 PM
1. Alpha State (Mike Foyle Remix)
8. Surreal (Moonbeam Remix)
13. Lightwave (Cub Mix)
15. What Could Have Been (Tucandeo Remix)
16. Goodbye (DNS Project Remix)
Looks promising.

maria111
03-03-11, 01:34 PM
at last its official cant wait to listen to it... just a month away aww :)

Daydreamer
03-03-11, 01:40 PM
Surreal remixed by Moonbeam and the club mix of Lightwave! :D Also looking forward to "hopefully" a fixed version of What Could Have Been. No R.E.N.O.I.S.E. remix though...

Anyway awesome release!

Evening Twilight
03-03-11, 01:54 PM
Where is What Could Have Been (R.E.N.O.I.S.E. Remix)???????????????????????????? :(

Daydreamer
03-03-11, 02:01 PM
Where is What Could Have Been (R.E.N.O.I.S.E. Remix)???????????????????????????? :(
R.E.N.O.I.S.E. is just a hard producer to sign with I think... nothing Coldharbour can do about.

On the other hand it's weird that they let R.E.N.O.I.S.E. make a remix without releasing it.

DoMarcikar
03-03-11, 02:26 PM
DUDE. :shock:

Evening Twilight
03-03-11, 02:34 PM
R.E.N.O.I.S.E. is just a hard producer to sign with I think... nothing Coldharbour can do about.

On the other hand it's weird that they let R.E.N.O.I.S.E. make a remix without releasing it.
hmm You can be right. Probably its same story like with Night Highway

curs3d
03-03-11, 02:42 PM
can't wait to get my hands on this ;)!..

james
03-03-11, 03:38 PM
Been looking forward to this announcement for months...and it was such a huge let down.

I need to start lowering my expectations.

barto
03-03-11, 04:22 PM
what a day! great news, cant wait! :)

reddevil09
03-03-11, 04:37 PM
Can't wait! really looking forward to some of them....so that means the ones with other remixes are gonna be released as single releases with more then 1 remixes?

buraksbt
03-03-11, 04:38 PM
DVD?! Amazing news Im in shock :o :D

2 remixes and a big room club mix I haven't heard before. Interesting release waiting for us.

Also there are some words to finish the debate about the best track of Markus which discussed on forum previously, you all have to read it again :lol: I think, Barnes & Heatcliff remix will make it more legendary..

Daydreamer
03-03-11, 05:15 PM
Been looking forward to this announcement for months...and it was such a huge let down.

I need to start lowering my expectations.
What's wrong with it then? :shock:

sjhilllandscapes
03-03-11, 06:26 PM
Does anyone remember the Paul trainer remix of dark heart waiting? Was I the only person who liked it? without a doubt the most slept on remix of last year!

james
03-03-11, 07:27 PM
Does anyone remember the Paul trainer remix of dark heart waiting? Was I the only person who liked it? without a doubt the most slept on remix of last year!

I found it really boring at first, but it grew on me. Ended up being my favorite remix of DHW.

Jasonaddley
03-03-11, 08:20 PM
cant wait :)

SndL
03-03-11, 08:49 PM
No date set for hard copies, yet?

DoMarcikar
04-03-11, 08:45 AM
I can't wait for this release. Anyway, I hope WCHB will be released with the Club Mix, and with R.E.N.O.I.S.E.'s Remix.

Alex
04-03-11, 09:55 AM
Darren wrote on trancefix:

1) Not the Same will be out as a single soon (will have details for you on that shortly), which will have Eelke's remix (and an Eelke dub as requested by some of you).
2) There will also be a DYD Remixed Full Versions Digital Package, which will contain the likes of the R.E.N.O.I.S.E. remix.

glad to hear that :)

Storex
04-03-11, 11:50 AM
Surprise! :shock:
I think this year will be the best since Markus is for No. 1 :)

Daydreamer
05-03-11, 10:00 PM
Guys, relax. :)

1) Not the Same will be out as a single soon (will have details for you on that shortly), which will have Eelke's remix (and an Eelke dub as requested by some of you).
2) There will also be a DYD Remixed Full Versions Digital Package, which will contain the likes of the R.E.N.O.I.S.E. remix.
More details please? :)

DoMarcikar
05-03-11, 10:03 PM
Guys, relax. :)

More details please? :)

It's enough... :D

Yeah Rick
08-03-11, 03:11 AM
This looks niiiiiiiiiiice but..but..but..

Tour DVD...

More details please. :twisted:

Oh and the Armada Music Shop lists the CD coming out April 7th (for CD collectors like me)

reddevil09
08-03-11, 04:12 AM
Not the same Eelke Dub? ahhh that should be good!

also can't wait for this... :D

Serious Danger
09-03-11, 06:41 PM
List of remixes has me really excited! Surprised Rex Mundi wasn't on the list, cannot wait for it to come out! ;-)

PoKoLoKo
09-03-11, 06:50 PM
:shock: MAMMA MIA CHE ROBA ! :o

Rick Valentine
09-03-11, 07:59 PM
Niiiiice cant wait to get my hands on them and start playing them out !!!!
So cant wait for the DVD also !!!!

CarlosSR
09-03-11, 10:04 PM
Man, between Prague'11, the appearances at Space, the 5 hour set and now the DYD remixes+DVD, 2011 is nothing short of epic.

alchemy
10-03-11, 06:51 AM
I was hoping to see Elevation and Rex Mundi's name on the remixer list, but oh well...

Can't wait for the DVD! I hope it'll reveal the personal side of Markus, mixed in with the antics of his hectic DJ schedule instead of just showcasing random video clips from his gigs around the world.

maria111
10-03-11, 10:43 PM
I pretty much like DYD album and i am looking forward to hear the remixes! Its funny i dont remember them at this moment i am reading this topic :lol: Anyway hurray up Armada i need to order it :)

Daydreamer
25-03-11, 12:02 AM
I can't wait for these tracks... so many great tunes on this release. Not the Same (Carlo Resoort Remix) already got me! :)

Sheedy
25-03-11, 02:30 AM
This release can't come quick enough, so many huge tunes, this is as big as the original album release.

NeLzon
25-03-11, 10:52 AM
Guys, does anybody know release date of this album???

DoMarcikar
25-03-11, 11:12 AM

April 1. It will be a big fool. :P

NeLzon
25-03-11, 11:29 AM

April 1. It will be a big fool. :P

:D You are right man!!!!!

Alex
25-03-11, 06:16 PM
Remix by Moonbeam to Surreal is amazing. Mike Foyle and Moonbeam FTW on DYD Remixes!

maria111
28-03-11, 12:11 PM
I know this sounds kinda lame but this time i wont pre- order it from armada shop like i did with Prague It took ages for the cd to arrive (after 1 week from the official release) plus i missed the chance to order signed versions instead Why Armada shop add special signed cds with other stuff later than the normals one I dont understand .. oh well

jdub889
29-03-11, 11:08 PM
Markus Schulz & Max Graham ft. Jessica Riddle - Goodbye (DNS Project Remix)

WOW... i have to admit, this was one of the songs on DYD that i never really cared for, but dns project delivered again. massive remix!

jdub889
30-03-11, 07:46 PM
Markus Schulz - What Could Have Been (Tucandeo Remix)

[youtube:3eoq8px8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpVIhh1N-8[/youtube:3eoq8px8]

fridaycoffee
31-03-11, 05:00 PM
[youtube:3q3pm4v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOmg7Q-Dj4[/youtube:3q3pm4v8]

massive

james
31-03-11, 05:27 PM
Tomorrow I get to sing Goodbye all weekend. :)

reddevil09
01-04-11, 04:36 AM
cant wait!

Daydreamer
01-04-11, 07:05 AM
Out now on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/album/do-you-dr ... d426524092 (http://itunes.apple.com/album/do-you-dream-the-remixes/id426524092)

But they're all album versions! :shock: Seems like we're going to have to wait for another 6 months till the extended mixes package is getting released. :(
This is also going to happen with the Dakota album I think. :(

Let this be a 1 April fool.

RoDion K
01-04-11, 09:12 AM
really upset, damn armada :twisted:

Sheedy
01-04-11, 10:54 AM
This has to be a really shit joke, who the hell wants to buy edits

solarvision
01-04-11, 11:24 AM
This may be true unfortunately as some pirate websites are showing edits of the tracks:
http://www.4clubbers.com.pl/trance/6335 ... t-2-a.html (http://www.4clubbers.com.pl/trance/633566-markus-schulz-feat-sir-adrian-away-cosmic-gate-remix-edit-2-a.html)

I am in no way promoting illegal downloading but to show you that there are edits

Voodoo Child
01-04-11, 11:38 AM
This is a big disappointment.
I just canceled my pre-ordered cd at amazon. Instead I will buy the download versions of a few tracks which I am most addicted to. I'll wait until they're available at audiojelly since I don't want to pay much for an edit. I hope the full versions will be out very soon!

Sheedy
01-04-11, 12:11 PM
Been looking forward to this day for a long time, cant believe it, poor decision.

Kabra
01-04-11, 01:21 PM
What did you expect? That they will fit 16 full tracks into 80 min CD? Im sure there will be full versions release on beatport in few weeks.

Daydreamer
01-04-11, 01:46 PM
The extended mixes of the original album got released 5 months later... I think we'll have to wait till summer or with a bit of lucky before the Dakota album. :)

What did you expect? That they will fit 16 full tracks into 80 min CD? Im sure there will be full versions release on beatport in few weeks.
What about 2 CDs? :roll:

MrE
01-04-11, 02:10 PM
It really is piss poor. I understand if it's on a cd & has to be cut down to fit into 80mins, but to give these chopped up versions as a digital download is bullshit. They just wanna fleece the fans for more money when they release the full versions.

April 1st turned out to be a fairly appropriate release date.

james
01-04-11, 05:31 PM
Guess I'm still waiting for the Full Versions Digital Download release date...hopefully that isn't too far away...

DoMarcikar
01-04-11, 05:33 PM
Pretty sad, they are not extended mixes. Don't know how, but as I told you guys yesterday at GDJB, I thought they will be Album Edits. :( Couldn't wait, but I have to wait more.

james
01-04-11, 05:48 PM
I figured the CD version would be album edits, but the digital version would be full songs. I have never seen a digital version of album edits for a Remix album before.

Yeah Rick
02-04-11, 03:52 AM
lol I can't even preview the tracks yet on Itunes. (dang Americans :!: )

I really wanted to order the CD version too but I may have to think about it for now.

Ericc B
02-04-11, 08:24 AM
Canceled my cd order too. Not buying this one anymore. What a bad joke.

SndL
02-04-11, 09:27 AM
Canceled this one too, since I've already spent my money for the DYD album last year and don't really care for edits on second cd.Hopefully, this will teach Armada and the rest ,that real fans have way higher expectations.

Evening Twilight
02-04-11, 10:41 AM
HAHA LOL at those edits

wont buy it for sure
waiting for extended versions.

Daydreamer
02-04-11, 11:57 AM
Hopefully, this will teach Armada and the rest ,that real fans have way higher expectations.
Agree, they really need to read these replies.

Hayley
02-04-11, 12:22 PM
Have to say that I agree with you guys, I'm pretty disappointed :( I don't want edits (who does) I want full versions.

I'm one of these people who likes to have a 'hard' CD copy as well as a digital copy, but whats the point in buying the CD when it'll probably never get played :?

Not happy ARMADA!

MrE
02-04-11, 02:21 PM
16 tracks, most of which should be 6-8 minutes long, all completely butchered to about half their normal length.

All the flow & buildup of each track is completely gone, leaving just a taste of what it should be, & all so they can release a DYD:The Remixes:The Full Versions in the future & rake more coin in from it. What a massive disappointment.

maria111
02-04-11, 02:51 PM
Listening as well and i have to agree with most of you big disappointment as well!Why on earth to add edits?Are they going to be released on cd the extended versions as well?

I wonder if Armada will ever done this to the other artists as well... :evil:

Daydreamer
02-04-11, 04:06 PM
Edits or not, we can still judge. :)

Alpha State (Mike Foyle Remix) - 7/10
Away (Cosmic Gate Remix) - 8/10
Last Man Standing (Karanda Remix) - 7/10
Unsaid (Big Room Club Mix) - 9/10 - This track has grown a lot on me with this remix, I absolutely love it more than ever right now. The bassline reminds of Spilled Cranberries. Maybe one last single from the Do You Dream? album? :)
Surreal (Moonbeam Remix) - 6/10
Lifted (Tenishia Remix) - 8/10
The New World (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix) - 7/10
Lightwave (Club Mix) - 9/10 - That beginning where the tempo get higher, genious.
65.4Hz (Mr. Pit Remix) - 7/10
What Could Have Been (Tucandeo Remix) - 8/10
Goodbye (DNS Project Remix) - 8/10

CarlosSR
02-04-11, 05:38 PM
Man, you guys are lucky, I've been checking on iTunes since yesterday for the album to drop and still it hasn't been released.

I guess i'll buy it later on CD format, maybe a special edition if they offer one.

james
02-04-11, 06:26 PM
Didn't buy the album yet...hoping the full versions one will be released sooner rather than later. But I've listened to all the YT samples several times now. Except for Unsaid (Big Room Mix) and Not The Same (Carlo Resoort Remix), sounds like a really good album.

Really hoping the full versions release comes soon though...and that it has a few special goodies on it like another 65.4Hz Remix.

maria111
03-04-11, 03:26 PM
At least do you we know for sure the full extended remixed versions is going to be released on cd or digital?

Daydreamer
03-04-11, 03:32 PM
At least do you we know for sure the full extended remixed versions is going to be released on cd or digital?
Digital for sure (Beatport I assume) but not on cd I think. Just the same process as with the original album. :)

maria111
03-04-11, 03:40 PM
Digital for sure (Beatport I assume) but not on cd I think. Just the same process as with the original album. :)

I was not dissapointed with that to be honest (yes i have order the cd knowning its the album versions) but i was hoping we will get the full versions for some reasons..

I might get that when the price will drop in some months :P

dtR
04-04-11, 04:33 PM
Lets hope the full versions will also get a proper release. I would be sad if we have to wait for the single releases with the remixes :/

james
04-04-11, 06:39 PM
There's only going to be one more single release from the DYD album I think.

CarlosSR
05-04-11, 06:23 PM
I like the album, but, it's just to short. This is like a preview to the full album.

I hope the full versions also includes the other remixes omitted on this release.

Daydreamer
05-04-11, 06:26 PM
I like the album, but, it's just to short. This is like a preview to the full album.

I hope the full versions also includes the other remixes omitted on this release.
What Could Have Been (R.E.N.O.I.S.E. Remix) and fixed club mix have been confirmed so hopefully Away (Artento Divini Remix) will be on it too :)

jonesy89
06-04-11, 01:34 PM
To me this symbolises how comercialized trance music is at this moment in time. It is all about making money now when it should be about the people and the music itself. i find it hugely dissapointing considering the main reasons most people are into this music is that they want to get away from all the commercialization in the normal music industry.
I understand its difficult to fit all the songs into one cd, but why not release the full versions aswell instead of having to wait for another few weeks. It is dissapointing but i will look forward to the full versions when they Finally arrive!!

Daydreamer
07-04-11, 08:07 PM
Armin just played the Omnia remix of Surreal, surprising choice!

Maybe we'll don't have to wait long till the full versions. :)

Sheedy
07-04-11, 08:16 PM
What did it sound like? I'm not so keen on the moonbeam mix and I love Omnias sound.

Daydreamer
07-04-11, 08:19 PM
What did it sound like? I'm not so keen on the moonbeam mix and I love Omnias sound.
It sounds like Surreal vs. Miami Vibe (Omnia Remix)

Nothing very special or something in my opinion. :)

james
07-04-11, 09:02 PM
Ooooh, that was the Omnia Remix of Surreal to start ASOT 503?

Only heard the first minute of it, but I was liking what I heard. I'll have to look for YT samples later and hear the whole thing.

axt
07-04-11, 10:39 PM
[youtube:2r3sumwi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84T9GCYui8[/youtube:2r3sumwi]

james
07-04-11, 11:40 PM
[youtube:41iwb30t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84T9GCYui8[/youtube:41iwb30t]

Thanks!

I love the beat...but it doesn't really go with the vocals that well...maybe it'll grow on me. But here's to hoping for a dub!

Daydreamer
08-04-11, 10:44 AM
Apparently there's a Gal Abutbul remix of Surreal as well, maybe another single from the Do You Dream album?

james
08-04-11, 09:53 PM
According to a member over at trancefix:

"1. Original Mix
2. Moonbeam Remix
3. Omnia Remix
4. Gal Abutbul Remix
5. Ken Loi Remix

Release date: End of May"

james
08-04-11, 09:55 PM
I was really hoping 65.4Hz would get a single release and 3-4 remixes...but I guess that'll be unlikely now if Surreal is getting a single release.

Daydreamer
08-04-11, 10:02 PM
Looks like Markus is releasing most of his vocal tracks as a single pretty fast in order to gain popularity... which is good! :)

maria111
11-04-11, 08:39 AM
Looks like Markus is releasing most of his vocal tracks as a single pretty fast in order to gain popularity... which is good! :)

which is bad...

Daydreamer
16-04-11, 12:48 PM
Is there finally a release date for the full versions available already?

Grz3chu 92
26-04-11, 10:06 AM
Grube & Hovsepian's Remix for Markus Schulz - Do You Dream will be out May 20th, 2011 via Armada Music.
from Mike Hovsepian Facebook

Daydreamer
26-04-11, 11:41 AM
Grube & Hovsepian's Remix for Markus Schulz - Do You Dream will be out May 20th, 2011 via Armada Music.
Interesting, now let's hope he's talking about the full remixes of Do You Dream: The Remixes! :D

james
26-04-11, 12:32 PM

Wasn't that released a year and a half ago? Is that really going to be on the Remix Album?

Ugh...so confused if this is true. But at least it is a good remix.

RoDion K
26-04-11, 02:12 PM

http://www.discogs.com/Markus-Schulz-Do ... se/2022006 (http://www.discogs.com/Markus-Schulz-Do-You-Dream-The-New-World-Remixes/release/2022006)

release has already come out? :shock:

Daydreamer
26-04-11, 03:26 PM
Earlier post from ImpactPlayaz:

I think this digital package will contain every remix from Do You Dream, 20 May is on a friday which is usually the day that albums are getting released on Armada so I have good faith in this. :)

Kjuna
26-04-11, 09:01 PM
Maybe that very remix played by W&W @asot500 will be included too? It sounds pretty similar to DYD, but tbh have some differences (so, it makes difficult to find out if it is a remix or another track). If it the remix on DYD I guess it is Wezz Devall remix (that vocal synth can be heard in Phantom).

Daydreamer
26-04-11, 09:05 PM
Maybe that very remix played by W&W @asot500 will be included too? It sounds pretty similar to DYD, but tbh have some differences (so, it makes difficult to find out if it is a remix or another track). If it the remix on DYD I guess it is Wezz Devall remix (that vocal synth can be heard in Phantom).
I don't think Markus would let W&W or Wezz Devall remix a track, he has even never played a Wezz Devall production. :P Maybe it's because they're at Captivating Sounds...

Kjuna
26-04-11, 09:08 PM
But we already have Re-Ward remix ;) maybe it is just another one and it sounds SO MASSIVE! :P

DavidNeezy
27-04-11, 12:44 AM

It's not a remix of Do You Dream, 100%.