PDA

View Full Version : WMC: March 11, Markus Schulz @ Space

james
21-01-11, 09:11 PM
Tickets are on sale: http://www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx?e_id=150376&

Just bought mine! Hoping for an extended seven hour set! :)

talala
21-01-11, 09:45 PM
any idea which friends of Markus?? ;)

james
21-01-11, 09:47 PM
Nope. No clue yet.

Markus said he might play a 7 hour set, so that's literally the only possible information I might need. :P

amberella06
27-01-11, 03:03 PM
Count me IN...plus 1! Yay for 2 trips to Miami in March!!!

CarlosSR
28-01-11, 02:19 AM
I'm there!

james
28-01-11, 06:08 AM
Great, maybe we can do a Coldharbour meet-up!

CarlosSR
28-01-11, 10:06 PM
I'd be down. This is my backyard, so I'm really looking forward to this.

vanman73
05-02-11, 12:16 AM
Anyone know how much a cab ride from Miami International to Space runs?

I'm contemplating doing the round-trip from New York for this show. I'm not getting any younger and this looks to be epic.

I can be on my home at 7:40am and on the couch by noon.

vanman73
05-02-11, 12:17 AM
Oh...and hope he has two friends named Super8 and Tab......

james
05-02-11, 01:43 AM
Probably run you about $20.00 plus tip to get there from the airport via Taxi. Maybe a couple dollars less, maybe a couple more.

vanman73
05-02-11, 04:21 AM
That's do-able....thanks for info!

CarlosSR
18-02-11, 05:12 PM
I just bought my tickets for the 11th and the 25th.

Anybody wanna do a meet up?

imported_GDJB
23-02-11, 03:34 PM
An official statement!

For the past two years at Miami’s Winter Music Conference, hometown hero Markus Schulz's solo performances at the Aerobar and Dream venues have been the star attraction and sold out. On Friday March 11th 2011, this annual event will grow to the next level, as Markus takes the party to the number 1 club in the US, and more significantly, the place where it all started for him - Club Space. “WMC provides such special inspiration for me personally,” says Markus. “In 2001 I came to Space as a clubber to see Danny Tenaglia play for 8hrs, and it created an extraordinary impact on my professional life - understanding what being a DJ really was all about. To take this party to Space during WMC a decade later, is not only a dream come true, but a huge honor.”

amberella06
23-02-11, 07:56 PM
^^^^ GREAT NEWS!!!!

PatMcGroin
01-03-11, 08:26 PM
only 10 days left! :shock:

CarlosSR
02-03-11, 02:38 AM
Are we doing a meet up? So far it seems I'll be heading alone, my best friends can't handle a 7 hour set.

NeoGeo2k
02-03-11, 09:02 PM
Are we doing a meet up? So far it seems I'll be heading alone, my best friends can't handle a 7 hour set.

Yeahh
I want to be there but i don't know... Germany->USA are expensive.

CarlosSR
03-03-11, 02:40 AM
I can just imagine, with my budget its better to see Markus twice than pay the ridiculous prices for tickets to UMF.

robhurlburt
06-03-11, 03:54 AM
any idea what time markus will go on?
First time seeing MARKUS!!!!!! Flying in from Lexingon, ky for my 30th birthday, my head may explode!

I want a big vocal set, but thats just me...

james
06-03-11, 05:05 PM
Yuck...I'm hoping Markus keeps going at the pace he's been going. He's been on a rampage lately. He'll probably have a spot in the set where he drops a few more vocals than the rest of it though. 7hour solo set! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CarlosSR
07-03-11, 09:41 AM
See everyone there! 8-)

PatMcGroin
07-03-11, 06:53 PM
cannot wait for this. the week is here! :twisted:

amberella06
10-03-11, 02:12 PM
TOMORROW!!!! :mrgreen:

CarlosSR
12-03-11, 01:23 PM
I just got home at 7:45 am, I'm beat and exhausted, but man, it was worth it! :twisted:

Last night was truly a special night. I caught all of Markus 7 hour set, from beginning to end, in front of him no less.

It was awesome every time he played a Prague'11 track, DYD or any of his trademark dance floor destroyers, I had my iPhone displaying the album art, and each and every time he gave me thumbs up :D

He even played my request, Without You Near (Markus Schulz Afterhours Mix).

Then, at the end of the night, at 7 am in morning with Rank 1's Breathing booming over the Space sound system, he came to greet the fans, and I actually got to meet the man of the night. At this point, after a night of dancing and hollering, my voice was gone. All I could muster was a sincere Thank you for the set and a hug. Idiot me didn't bring a camera to capture the moment :x

The weekly radio just gives us listeners a taste of what to expect from a Markus Schulz set, it truly was a journey. All these amazing songs sound Surreal live on the dance floor.

Thank you once again Markus for such a special evening and I'll be back at the end of the month to catch the other set.
This time with a camera :mrgreen:

NeoGeo2k
12-03-11, 02:17 PM
I just got home at 7:45 am, I'm beat and exhausted, but man, it was worth it! :twisted:

Last night was truly a special night. I caught all of Markus 7 hour set, from beginning to end, in front of him no less.

It was awesome every time he played a Prague'11 track, DYD or any of his trademark dance floor destroyers, I had my iPhone displaying the album art, and each and every time he gave me thumbs up :D

Then, at the end of the night, at 7 am in morning with Rank 1's Breathing booming over the Space sound system, he came to greet the fans, and I actually got to meet the man of the night. At this point, after a night of dancing and hollering, my voice was gone. All I could muster was a sincere Thank you for the set and a hug. Idiot me didn't bring a camera to capture the moment :x

The weekly radio just gives us listeners a taste of what to expect from a Markus Schulz set, it truly was a journey. All these amazing songs sound Surreal live on the dance floor.

Thank you once again Markus for such a special evening and I'll be back at the end of the month to catch the other set.
This time with a camera :mrgreen:

I can imagine....

james
12-03-11, 07:28 PM

thx for that :D

amberella06
13-03-11, 01:24 AM
Amazing night! Got plenty of vids & I'll upload when I get back to Charlotte. So glad I decided to make this trip...the memories are worth far more than the cost of the plane ticket. ;)

PatMcGroin
15-03-11, 02:54 AM
what a crazy night. best markus set ive ever seen by far and probably up there with one of the best sets ive EVER seen!!! i just hope i get a chance to see a marathon like this again one day! :D

really didnt take too many videos (was too busy having a blast) but heres what i got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh-bH85CZMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZYpTpdSgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrMkrD9SbRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvRPxC4QmDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb0HpQYQ_kQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LDJYeHRDc

video 3 is probably my fav. :)

fridaycoffee
15-03-11, 09:33 AM
in the first vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh-bH85CZMU

track @ 2:25 still an ID? played at SaSaZu too

axt
15-03-11, 11:51 AM
i hear Rex Mundi on that ID..

Sheedy
15-03-11, 12:51 PM
Haha I do that all the time at nights I go to.

CarlosSR
15-03-11, 11:45 PM
I think Markus said a few weeks ago that he was going to record and broadcast the set at a later time in the year, but ATM I'm not 100% sure.

I sure hope he does, I'd love to relive that night all over again.

PatMcGroin
16-03-11, 03:02 AM
i really hope im wrong but i didnt see any recording equipment setup. the mics that ive seen setup at the last space show on the terrace, the dream show last wmc, and the two mansion gigs hes done i did not see there. :( really REALLY hope im just blind though because i would die to hear that set again!!

robhurlburt
22-04-11, 05:38 PM
incredible set, thanks for the vids.

when did space get half the size? they put the bar right in the center of the old dancefloor. Also, what happened to the siren and truck horn? It used to be epic when i would see oscar G drop the siren and truck horn on the full size dancefloor.