PDA

View Full Version : Markus incorporating Jochen Miller songs?

jywuster
03-01-11, 05:03 AM
Earlier in 2010 when I heard Markus at Together As One in Los Angeles, the songs that stood out the most in that GDJB world tour were almost every Jochen Miller song. Definitely high points for me. I understand that Markus is a fan of Jochen Miller, but I rarely hear any of Jochen's songs in his sets anymore. Anyone know a reason why or am I just missing something?

reddevil09
03-01-11, 05:17 AM
Not true. he opened his space miami set with Brace Yourself. (atleast the gdjb )... He always gives his songs a good play time... but the fact that he hasnt made much after classified may be a factor in why Markoose hasn't used his songs lately.

Daydreamer
03-01-11, 10:40 AM
I think because Jochen went a brand new style, Classified and uPad just don't fit in Markus' sets I guess. :)

Serious Danger
03-01-11, 06:02 PM
Lets not forget Markus also played, Jochen Millers-Humanoid to open up his set at @Queensday Amsterdam 2010 this past year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM70GDU3hHI.

He also played Jochen Miller and Rank 1's - The Great Escape as well throughout the year last year, and lately has been playing the mashup, The Right Escape in his sets quite a bit as well. Just sayin!

jywuster
03-01-11, 06:08 PM
Not true. he opened his space miami set with Brace Yourself. (atleast the gdjb )... He always gives his songs a good play time... but the fact that he hasnt made much after classified may be a factor in why Markoose hasn't used his songs lately.
This is true. Classified and upad both sound out of character if incroporated into markus's sets but when I heard back 2 earth jochen miller remix I thought that'd be a no brainer. I guess we'll have to see what the new year brings.

reddevil09
03-01-11, 06:50 PM
Yup serious you're absolutely right. He dropped it at glow when i saw him ( the great escape vs right back) and at space the week before... im sure he'll drop the remix of Jochen soon. He was too into Fire Wire cg back 2 the future remix to think about the others for the past few weeks XD plus obvs promoting his own remix of the Drums :)

dtR
04-01-11, 07:21 PM
I think because Jochen went a brand new style, Classified and uPad just don't fit in Markus' sets I guess. :)
+1

jywuster
05-01-11, 06:05 AM
well I really hope the Back 2 Earth remix from Jochen is a sign of things to come. His tech trance productions are bone chilling good!

Rob
06-01-11, 04:06 PM
well I really hope the Back 2 Earth remix from Jochen is a sign of things to come. His tech trance productions are bone chilling good!
but Miller's his live performances suck big time, his transitions and matching are horrible :twisted:

Ericc B
06-01-11, 09:20 PM

You are admiring Benno de Goeij. He's the producer behind Jochen.

Daydreamer
06-01-11, 09:23 PM

You are admiring Benno de Goeij. He's the producer behind Jochen.
+1

modthispny
06-01-11, 10:47 PM
Benno is the guy behind MANY producers, LOL

james
06-01-11, 11:31 PM
Benno's most famous producing alias is his Armin van Buuren moniker.

modthispny
06-01-11, 11:56 PM

yep haha

Ericc B
07-01-11, 05:30 PM
http://ericcb.blogspot.com/2009/12/armi ... exist.html (http://ericcb.blogspot.com/2009/12/armin-van-buuren-doesnt-exist.html)

8-)

Daydreamer
07-01-11, 05:37 PM
Respect to Markus for doing everything by himself.

jywuster
07-01-11, 06:01 PM
hahah i understand most of the biggest hits are with Jochen and Benno collaborations, but you gotta give credit when it's due. Even Benno's tracks themselves don't have the same sound as Jochen+Benno productions. I wouldn't be surprised if Jochen was horrible live. I heard Sied Van Riel live and that was the biggest disappointment I've witnessed. But that just speaks more about people like Markus that can tear it up on both the studio and on the decks. Rare breeds indeed. :lol: