PDA

View Full Version : Global DJ Broadcast: Live from Space in Miami (16-12-2010)

Pages : 1 [2]

EddyAB
16-12-10, 07:37 PM
woop woop \o/ fockin massive crowd.

aakos
16-12-10, 07:39 PM
More more more! :D

EddyAB
16-12-10, 07:40 PM
earthquake in Space! \o/

audioex3
16-12-10, 07:41 PM
oh whats this.... sounds massive!

modthispny
16-12-10, 07:41 PM
it's the new lei faki remix :)

MASSIVE..

Ricardod
16-12-10, 07:42 PM
This is unbelievable!

aakos
16-12-10, 07:42 PM
Saw Len Faki last thursday, he dropped this tune too :twisted:

EddyAB
16-12-10, 07:43 PM
Unbelievable!

Ayden
16-12-10, 07:44 PM
What the f*ck!?!?!?!?! :o AMAZING!

audioex3
16-12-10, 07:44 PM
wow MACHOoooooo ....

Rick Valentine
16-12-10, 07:45 PM
Haha each beat in this track kills a child in a 3rd world country :| FOOOOKIN CRAZY !!!!

Daydreamer
I don't understand what's so amazing?

modthispny
Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki Remix) Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction

EddyAB
GOOSEFUCKINGBUMPS

modthispny

it's such a crazy twisted and deep track

Ricardod
16-12-10, 07:46 PM
GOOSEFUCKINGBUMPS
_0_

michal dybek
16-12-10, 07:46 PM
amazing tune. This is what i love.

EddyAB
16-12-10, 07:47 PM
LF's Podium Mixes are unbelievable! :D

aakos
#24 must be: Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTuXO2CCgfo

Awesome! Markus plays this tune! :shock:

modthispny
i LOVE the bass of this remix..wow what a heavy set!

Ayden
Cosmic Gate track?

Rob
16-12-10, 07:48 PM
Cosmic Gate- Home :D Markus on the NYC Big Room Tour :)

ImpactPlayaz
Nice touch of him to play this, on the night he returned "home". :)

Rick Valentine

It was nothing special yet had a nice stabbing synth in it which was nice i think the power of the beat shocked all !!!!

OkiDokie
16-12-10, 07:49 PM
8-) 8-)

Daydreamer
16-12-10, 07:51 PM
I'm disappointed with this set, it's so average. Maybe a big stunning end tune could save it (like with WT Cape Town).

He even didn't picked 65.4Hz (Mr. Pit Remix) during this episode.

Rob
16-12-10, 07:53 PM
I'm disappointed with this set, it's so average. Maybe a big stunning end tune could save it (like with WT Cape Town).
Totally have to agree on this one :( too much overplayed hits that i dont like

Operations
16-12-10, 07:54 PM
Yeah, expected something better. Oh well, there's always next week.

ImpactPlayaz
Guys if you don't like it, don't listen. Simples.

I hate being dragged down by so much negativity here. Really do. :(

maria111
24th track is not ID darren

Rex Mundi - Lightning atm :)

Daydreamer
16-12-10, 07:55 PM

That's not official. :P Little assuming by me.

Ayden
WELL, it is a liveset, not regular show... what did you expect?

ImpactPlayaz

Nope. :)

Ayden
16-12-10, 07:56 PM
Oh, UNIVERSAL NATION ruined? Really?

CarLoss
a very good radio show, I really liked :D

Rick Valentine
Niiiiiiiiiiceeee another remix of PUSH !!!! Niiiiiice stuff !!!!

modthispny
Darren, fix ID 24.

Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki Remix) Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction

maria111

That's not official. :P Little assuming by me.

i Know thats what i thought the name was

aakos
what a set \0/

Ayden
#24 must be: Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTuXO2CCgfo

Awesome! Markus plays this tune! :shock:

Operations
16-12-10, 07:57 PM
Whoa, killer remix. Must know who did it :0

Daydreamer
WELL, it is a liveset, not regular show... what did you expect?
It says "Homecoming: Live From Space in Miami, Florida". I thought we'd finally hear a set like WT Miami or Moscow again, but no.

Rob
Guys if you don't like it, don't listen. Simples.

I hate being dragged down by so much negativity here. Really do. :(
Hey Darren come on man! when we dont like a set, or some tracks, dont see it as an attack on you or markus, everybody got different taste so you can never please every single person :oops: Am a real fan off the 06/07/08/09 Markus, but at the end of 09 his sound changed, and with not liking do you dream album wich got a lot of play this year, and for playing stuff like citadel crap i really dont like him that much anymore as 1,5 years ago :cry:

michal dybek
16-12-10, 07:58 PM
No matter who did it it's tragical version of UN.

CarLoss
16-12-10, 07:58 PM
Universal Nation (Remix) :D \o/ Thanks Markus :D

ImpactPlayaz
16-12-10, 07:59 PM
See you guys on Tuesday for Markus' exclusive 1 hour set on Afterhours.fm's End of Year Countdown

Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

Rick Valentine
16-12-10, 07:59 PM
Well that was an amazing set HARD but gooooood

modthispny
16-12-10, 08:00 PM
HARD is good. :)

i bet the complete set would have been amazing...since this cut in and out.but we got a nice taste of the set progression.

michal dybek
16-12-10, 08:00 PM
Thx for listening.

topereq
16-12-10, 08:02 PM
nice set ;) see you @ coldharbour day 2 @ah next week 8-)

aakos
16-12-10, 08:09 PM
HARD is good. :)

hehe i agree! :D
cya next time peeps 8-)

talala
16-12-10, 08:13 PM
See you guys on Tuesday for Markus' exclusive 1 hour set on Afterhours.fm's End of Year Countdown

Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

looking forward to EOYC!... and today... amazing what Markus gave to us!! i enjoy it a lot! cheers! 8-)

CarlosSR
16-12-10, 08:28 PM
I will vote this episode for next year's WT of the Year episode. :D

tfan10
16-12-10, 08:41 PM
decent episode overplayed tunes

james
16-12-10, 08:49 PM
I can understand not liking certain songs, but it really irks me when people complain about "old" or "overplayed" songs...not everyone who attend these events listen to the broadcasts or GDJB that much or even at all. I know the people who come with me to see him in Atlanta are often hearing songs for the first time -- depending on whether or not I've played the songs for them.

If songs are old or overplayed, its your fault for listening to them too much.

Daydreamer
16-12-10, 08:59 PM
I can understand not liking certain songs, but it really irks me when people complain about "old" or "overplayed" songs...not everyone who attend these events listen to the broadcasts or GDJB that much or even at all. I know the people who come with me to see him in Atlanta are often hearing songs for the first time -- depending on whether or not I've played the songs for them.

When I hear an overplayed track my thought is just: why not be playing an exclusive or ID if you don't know what to play?
Yes an overplayed track can make the people inside the club happy, but don't you think this set was a bit intended for the real GDJB fans? If there are overplayed tracks being played in a big room arena I'd understand.

talala
16-12-10, 09:59 PM

+1

amberella06
16-12-10, 11:08 PM
Finally home...1st on my agenda is to listen to this set!

=)

lennox2s2
16-12-10, 11:40 PM
Personally I thought this was a really good GDJB World Tour, some great tracks!

amberella06
17-12-10, 12:11 AM
WOW...only 2 songs in and I've got chills! It's like I'm back on the Terrace again!

james
17-12-10, 06:55 AM
When you go to a Markus Schulz show, you expect to hear a certain sound -- Forget About Us, Sky Traffic, etc. -- exemplify that sound. Just because we've heard the songs every day for the last year does not mean the people at the show have. To many of them, it's one of their first times hearing the songs -- if not their first time. Markus needs to play his sound, and in a four hour set, he's going to incorporate a lot of the songs that are trademarks of that sound into it. IDs and unknown songs are great to tryout throughout the night, but you can't just play four hours of new songs. People want to hear familiarity.

It's ironic this discussion comes up at the same time the "how many times have you seen Markus?" discussion comes up.

DoMarcikar
17-12-10, 06:59 AM
When you go to a Markus Schulz show, you expect to hear a certain sound -- Forget About Us, Sky Traffic, etc. -- exemplify that sound. Just because we've heard the songs every day for the last year does not mean the people at the show have. To many of them, it's one of their first times hearing the songs -- if not their first time. Markus needs to play his sound, and in a four hour set, he's going to incorporate a lot of the songs that are trademarks of that sound into it. IDs and unknown songs are great to tryout throughout the night, but you can't just play four hours of new songs. People want to hear familiarity.

It's ironic this discussion comes up at the same time the "how many times have you seen Markus?" discussion comes up.

You're absolutely right, mate.

modthispny
17-12-10, 07:23 AM

yup, this is what a few people fail to realize.

i think markus does a good job of keeping his staple songs and adding new songs to the mix.

DJNICA
17-12-10, 11:11 AM
How would I transition the start to a three track mayhem after HEAD RUSH and a melody to tear it up with a banging track..."La Roux -In For The Kill (Michael Woods Remix) " ENUF said in the 305. That was the track and will be the track. No rainbows or unicorns but straight McNasty with the beat. Johnny and the Fox would have made the place BONKERS! Good work MS.

ed0ni
17-12-10, 03:03 PM
Looks like i missed a whole lot of fun!

Dakota - Sinners :mrgreen:

DoMarcikar
17-12-10, 04:14 PM
17. Delerium - Silence (Remix)

If you listen to the start of this song from the stars, you an find Full Tiltin' effects. In the start. So It can ONLY be JOC, or Timmy & Tommy.

NeoGeo2k
17-12-10, 04:28 PM
Finally listened this World Tour :)

A Big Bang right there......

Our present for christmas from Markus

THX THX

Now music player..... repeat that Episode the hole Week :D

reddevil09
17-12-10, 04:31 PM
17. Delerium - Silence (Remix)

If you listen to the start of this song from the stars, you an find Full Tiltin' effects. In the start. So It can ONLY be JOC, or Timmy & Tommy.

I think its how he broadcasted it. Cuz i saw Amberella's video and he played Full tiltin as an entire song so maybe he just broadcasted it in a way that it seemed like a mashup but its just a Remix!

DoMarcikar
17-12-10, 06:14 PM
Damn, why can't I stop listening to Universal Nation's Remix? Any info about the remixer/who did it?

james
17-12-10, 06:28 PM
Ya, he actually played Full Tiltin', so I don't think it was a mashup or remix.

Hayley
17-12-10, 10:47 PM
I'm really disappointed by all the negative comments lately! C'mon guys.. this set is fucking ROCKIN! :P I sooooooo wish I could have been there myself.

I totally agree with what Darren said, if you don't like - don't listen..no one is forcing you :) In fact I think I made the same comment on here a few weeks back. I have been supporting Markus since 04/05 and I personally think the guy just keeps on getting better and better. As for the 'overplayed' comments, Markus' last gig in Miami was WMC back in March (we see him more often in the UK) so those tracks that you THINK are overplayed, really are not ;) The same comments were made about Cape Town :roll:
Were spoiled once a month with the 'World Tour' , Markus doesn't have to bring us these live sets. I've never known any other DJ to work so hard to keep his supporters happy. Just be a little more grateful ;)

Daydreamer
17-12-10, 11:08 PM
It's just the fact that Markus skipped the first 2 IDs, 65.4Hz (Mr. Pit Remix) and not playing tracks like Future Cities, Headrush, Second Chapter, The New World (Remix), Overload, Stamina, Valley of Dreams etc.
Markus really could play or pick some tracks of these for this week's episode instead of tracks like Lightning, Brace Yourself, Forget About Us, Home etc.

But ok, if Markus likes to enjoy the audience more than the die-hard listeners then I'll just deal with it.

james
18-12-10, 12:16 AM
But ok, if Markus likes to enjoy the audience more than the die-hard listeners then I'll just deal with it.

I don't think that's a fair statement...not when the complaint is him playing Forget About Us over the new 65.4Hz remix. He's obviously not ready to debut the 65.4Hz remix on the radio. Not sure how you can get mad over that. Pretty sure he wants to road test it some more, which is what he's always done -- every artist does it in fact.

And enjoying the audience...the audience paid to hear him play. It's not like he played some random cheesey anthem song for the people in attendance, he played his staple Coldharbour sounding songs...he still played his style and songs you expect from him.

I think we've earned the right to let Markus know when he's drifting away from the style that made us fans, staying polite about it of course. But we don't have the right to tell him how to broadcast his sets or run his radio show. If he wants to keep certain songs off the internet for a bit longer, he has every right to cut up the set however he wants. He didn't have to broadcast the set at all.

As long as Markus stays true to his style and plays what we expect from him, I don't know how you can complain. It really confuses me. :?

Rob
18-12-10, 12:39 AM

I don't think that's a fair statement...not when the complaint is him playing Forget About Us over the new 65.4Hz remix. He's obviously not ready to debut the 65.4Hz remix on the radio. Not sure how you can get mad over that. Pretty sure he wants to road test it some more, which is what he's always done -- every artist does it in fact.

And enjoying the audience...the audience paid to hear him play. It's not like he played some random cheesey anthem song for the people in attendance, he played his staple Coldharbour sounding songs...he still played his style and songs you expect from him.

I think we've earned the right to let Markus know when he's drifting away from the style that made us fans, staying polite about it of course. But we don't have the right to tell him how to broadcast his sets or run his radio show. If he wants to keep certain songs off the internet for a bit longer, he has every right to cut up the set however he wants. He didn't have to broadcast the set at all.

As long as Markus stays true to his style and plays what we expect from him, I don't know how you can complain. It really confuses me. :?

I was thinking about to reply on some stuff being highlighted here, some stuff that makes me love markus his sound a bit less the last half year. The sound that I fell in love with was the 07/08/half off 09 sound, his sound was much more progressive then it is now. Offcourse the scene changed quite a bit the last 18 months but for me it's not a good change at all, really don't like most off the new tracks :| This also reflects in the live sets from Markus that I went to as well as the worldtour sets. I can see why his style changed quite a bit over the last 18 months, due to the trance scene in general, but playing stuff like citadel, great escape etc I really cant stand it to be honest, I listen so much too the old worldtour sets from 07/08 cause tracks were better in general and much more progressive, that's what i really like. do you dream album was the biggest dissapointment off 2010 for me, i really thought it would be awesome but after listening the amount of vocals, and blegh tracks i was a bit shocked to be honest after progression and without you near this album is quite weak i have to say. :cry: Hopefully Prague 11 and the Dakota album will be a swing into the right direction for me again :)

james
18-12-10, 01:00 AM
Obviously Markus has drifted away from the more progressive sound from '04-'08 -- but like you said, that's the scene in general. House and techno have infiltrated it, and the scene is simply different.

And even though Markus' sound has evolved with the scene, he still plays a specific style within the new scene -- and as long as Markus plays that specific style and those songs I expect from him -- he's still the man in my book.

That's a different discussion though. This discussion is about whether or not we can complain about Markus playing older Coldharbour songs instead of two hours of new stuff.

lennox2s2
18-12-10, 03:37 PM
I personally reckon that Markus continually supports tracks from Gareth Emery is because they both are managed under David Lewis (as is Armin surprisingly).
Nevertheless, I enjoyed this set with the exception of 2-3 tracks.

My personal favorite GDJB World Tour set from 2010 is probably San Francisco.

james
18-12-10, 09:37 PM
Gareth Emery vs. Markus Schulz & Jennifer Rene - Not the Same Citadel (Markus Schulz Mashup)

I noticed it sounded a little different from the previous version, did Markus decide to remash it himself to make it better?

Alex
26-12-10, 03:09 PM
I'm listening to Artento Divini's set from Luminosity Christmas Edition and I heard the track which is very similarity to Delerium - Silence (Remix), but without the vocal. Maybe it's Artento's track mash-uped with Silence vocals??