Release Label: Armada Music
Release Code: ARDI981
Release Date: January 12th 2009
A new year, a new month, and a new Global DJ Broadcast Top 15 digital compilation. Presenting 15 tracks in their full unmixed versions, Markus Schulz selects the biggest tunes on his Global DJ Broadcast radio show, including the fan-selected Global Selection winners, as well as the major floorfillers in his live sets.
Taking top spot this month is no surprise. Regarded as one of the most talented producers in all of trance, Mike Foyle returns under his Statica alias for the first time in almost 4 years, with the aptly titled “Bittersweet Nightshade”. A Global Selection winner, a prominent role in Armin van Buuren’s A State Of Trance 2008 compilation, and a huge seller on all download portals, this track is a must for anyone’s collection, demonstrated by the mass support from almost every DJ and radio show.
Also featuring highly are St. Petersburg group Chance Jumpers, whose track “Korona” immediately became a Global DJ Broadcast anthem. The track was one of the standout moments on Markus’ World Tour broadcast from White Angel in Budapest, alongside the pulsating “Bali”, remixed expertly by Toronto’s Arnej, and the wonderful “9 Minutes” by Jochen Miller.
The Global Selection winners continue in the form of “Transparent”, remixed by Texan duo Tritonal. Championed by Markus throughout the second half of 2008, they look set to be a name to be looked out for in 2009. The same can also be said for up and coming producers Tim Grube and Mike Hovsepian, where despite living on opposite United States coastlines, have conjured up a wonderful remix effort of Ilan Bluestone’s “Filthy Geezer”, also given the seal of approval by the GDJB listeners.
At the beginning of December, Markus Schulz appeared on BBC Radio 1′s world famous Essential Mix, and several tracks which graced the airwaves also feature here. The blissful “Lover Summer”, remixed by on-fire Norwegian Orjan Nilsen, the huge “Closer To You”, by Sied van Riel & R.O.R., and the emotional masterpiece “Aden’s Dream”, crafted by Randy Boyer and the late Eric Tadla. Dedicated to his son, it would be the last track they would produce together before Eric’s untimely passing. The appearance of Aden’s Dream on the Essential Mix was very apt, as Markus wanted the world to hear and appreciate it.
The remainder of the chart is brimmed with well supported tunes on GDJB, from Element One, Dinka, Ohmna and some future stars from Poland, G-Sky and P.A.F.F.. Rounding off proceedings is one of Markus’ big anthems of early 2008, “Swedish Beatballs”..
In summary, the Top 15 for January is:
01. Mike Foyle pres. Statica – Bittersweet Nightshade (Original Mix)
02. Chance Jumpers – Korona (Original Mix)
03. Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla – Aden’s Dream (Original Mix)
04. Evgeny Bardyuzha – Bali (Arnej Remix)
05. Ilya Soloviev & Paul Miller – Lover Summer (Orjan Nilsen Remix)
06. Sied van Riel & R.O.R. – Closer to You (Plastic Angel vs. Store N Forward Remix)
07. Element One – Guanacaste (Mat Zo Remix)
08. Andrelli & Blue feat. Hila – Transparent (Tritonal’s Air Up There Remix)
09. Dinka – Temptation (Original Mix)
10. Jochen Miller – 9 Minutes
11. G-Sky – Ursa Minor (Original Mix)
12. Ilan Bluestone – Filthy Geezer (Grube & Hovsepian Dub Mix)
13. Ohmna – Satori Waterfalls
14. Heatbeat – Paradise Garage (P.A.F.F. Deep Mix)
15. Marcus Sch